greeneville vs alcoa? could it be? who would go? and who would win?

rhetoric

CAK and Maryville are the only 2 teams Alcoa played this year??????? CAK, Maryville, Loudon, Fulton, Scott Co, Kingston, and Howard all would have probably been 10-0 if they played Greeneville's schedule! I am positive they would have all atleast been 9-1! I said Greeneville might not had been a top 3 seed in 3A because they might have been the #3 seed out of Alcoa's region in 3A! And as good as the teams were that was on Alcoa's schedule, Greeneville might have been 8-2 or 7-3 with Maryville's schedule(Alcoa, Oak Ridge, Bearden, West, Catholic, Farragut)! I said before and I will say again, Greeneville is a really good football team...however, you are basing your "great" opinion and "best in the state" opinions on a team who arguably played in the weakest of the top 4 classes in the state(4A), and whom might have played one of the weakest schedules in the state! Greeneville's opponents had a combined record of 58-53...of the 58 wins that Greeneville's opponents had, the combined record of the teams they beat was 180-388! THEY WON 31% OF THE GAMES THEY PLAYED! About 60% of the combined teams on Maryville and Alcoa's schedules would have set the "scoring record" with Greeneville's schedule this year! I think you guys keep forgetting that Alcoa used to play Cumberland Gap and Chuckey Doak(whom had the best regular season record of any Greeneville opponent), in the 1st round of the playoffs for a few years! Remember those games and scores? Imagine Alcoa, Maryville, CAK, Loudon, Oak Ridge, Bearden, Fulton, Scott, Kingston, or Howard playing teams like that every week...wow!

I have gave props to a lot of the teams we have played and have gotten onto some of my fellow F-5 fans for saying things to other teams...but to say you all can beat Alcoa or Maryville is what is absurd! Everyone outside of the Tri-Cities area sees who you play and the stats you got from that...too bad that you cant see it too! Greeneville is and always will be the 2010 4A Tennessee state champions and by far had the best team in the state in 4A. You guys had a really good team and I will be the first to admit that. Congradulations on your state championship and good luck next year...I hope you win 4A again!

CAK and Maryville are the only 2 teams Alcoa played this year??????? CAK, Maryville, Loudon, Fulton, Scott Co, Kingston, and Howard all would have probably been 10-0 if they played Greeneville's schedule! I am positive they would have all atleast been 9-1! I said Greeneville might not had been a top 3 seed in 3A because they might have been the #3 seed out of Alcoa's region in 3A! And as good as the teams were that was on Alcoa's schedule, Greeneville might have been 8-2 or 7-3 with Maryville's schedule(Alcoa, Oak Ridge, Bearden, West, Catholic, Farragut)! I said before and I will say again, Greeneville is a really good football team...however, you are basing your "great" opinion and "best in the state" opinions on a team who arguably played in the weakest of the top 4 classes in the state(4A), and whom might have played one of the weakest schedules in the state! Greeneville's opponents had a combined record of 58-53...of the 58 wins that Greeneville's opponents had, the combined record of the teams they beat was 180-388! THEY WON 31% OF THE GAMES THEY PLAYED! About 60% of the combined teams on Maryville and Alcoa's schedules would have set the "scoring record" with Greeneville's schedule this year! I think you guys keep forgetting that Alcoa used to play Cumberland Gap and Chuckey Doak(whom had the best regular season record of any Greeneville opponent), in the 1st round of the playoffs for a few years! Remember those games and scores? Imagine Alcoa, Maryville, CAK, Loudon, Oak Ridge, Bearden, Fulton, Scott, Kingston, or Howard playing teams like that every week...wow!

I have gave props to a lot of the teams we have played and have gotten onto some of my fellow F-5 fans for saying things to other teams...but to say you all can beat Alcoa or Maryville is what is absurd! Everyone outside of the Tri-Cities area sees who you play and the stats you got from that...too bad that you cant see it too! Greeneville is and always will be the 2010 4A Tennessee state champions and by far had the best team in the state in 4A. You guys had a really good team and I will be the first to admit that. Congradulations on your state championship and good luck next year...I hope you win 4A again!

Like i said the only good teams Alcoa played were Maryville and CAK. I've seen Loudon, Kingston, and Fulton play and this year they were average teams. I don't see the teams you stated before beating Sullivan South or Tennessee High and maybe Jeff Co. You keep saying might throughout your post well Greeneville might have went unbeaten if they played Maryville or Alcoa's schedule. Football is a crazy game thats you can't compare scores and schedules because people match up differently against different teams. By Coacht Alcoa's schedule strength was 9 and Greenevilles was 12th in AA. Its not absurd to say Greeneville could beat Maryville or Alcoa. You just don't like someone thinking that someone could possible beat Maryville or Alcoa.

etownsparky ... hmmm easy guess .... elizabethton fan ... right ? If not , some other team up that way I'm sure . It's ok for you to state without a doubt Greeneville would beat Maryville and no one else has a right to have another opinion . Your chip on your shoulder towards Maryville and Alcoa is understandable .

Some of you folks are over the top. You refuse to read the posts. I haven't stated in any of my posts that Greeneville would without a doubt beat Maryville. Furthermore, I have stated multiple times that EVERYONE has the right to have an opinion so there's some more of your misinformation. The issue here is clearly that no one can have a different opinion than you without being attacked or belittled as somehow inferior. To even insinuate that I have a chip on my shoulder, especially towards Alcoa and Maryville, is hypocrisy to the highest degree. It's evident from reading your posts, and others like you, who has the chip on the shoulder (and in some cases a head so big it likely won't fit through most doors). My primary reason for comparison of Greeneville to Alcoa and Maryville is because they are the benchmark (and rightfully so) by which others are measured. Regardless, I give up trying to reason with so many of you that are obviously unreasonable. Enjoy your championships and allow others to do the same...

Fulton wouldnt have. They were turrible this year.

Some of you folks are over the top. You refuse to read the posts. I haven't stated in any of my posts that Greeneville would without a doubt beat Maryville. Furthermore, I have stated multiple times that EVERYONE has the right to have an opinion so there's some more of your misinformation. The issue here is clearly that no one can have a different opinion than you without being attacked or belittled as somehow inferior. To even insinuate that I have a chip on my shoulder, especially towards Alcoa and Maryville, is hypocrisy to the highest degree. It's evident from reading your posts, and others like you, who has the chip on the shoulder (and in some cases a head so big it likely won't fit through most doors). My primary reason for comparison of Greeneville to Alcoa and Maryville is because they are the benchmark (and rightfully so) by which others are measured. Regardless, I give up trying to reason with so many of you that are obviously unreasonable. Enjoy your championships and allow others to do the same...

You said Greeneville was better than Maryville .... I disagreed .... I didn't beat you , hurt you or anything ... lol , please don't freak out because someone doesn't agree with you ... lol

You said Greeneville was better than Maryville .... I disagreed .... I didn't beat you , hurt you or anything ... lol , please don't freak out because someone doesn't agree with you ... lol

Yes, I do believe Greeneville was better than Maryville this year (see the emphasis on this year). You disagree and that's fine. This opinion has nothing to do with "love for Greeneville" or "distain for Maryville." Furthermore, I don't have any issue at all about the disagreement. In fact, that's what makes these forums fun. But, I do get a little frustrated when the posts go beyond disagreement and stoop to the level of personal insults and ridicule. And BTW, I'm not freaking out - just freaking (lol)...

Yes, I do believe Greeneville was better than Maryville this year (see the emphasis on this year). You disagree and that's fine. This opinion has nothing to do with "love for Greeneville" or "distain for Maryville." Furthermore, I don't have any issue at all about the disagreement. In fact, that's what makes these forums fun. But, I do get a little frustrated when the posts go beyond disagreement and stoop to the level of personal insults and ridicule. And BTW, I'm not freaking out - just freaking (lol)...

Thats for sure :ugeek:

Greeneville has had the good fortune of having a good senior class and the reclassification to 6 divisions this season. But, the roller coaster ride has peaked and is on the downhill. Especially if the TSSAA goes back to 5 classifications. If so, it will be back to the typically 2nd or 3rd round loses for the Devils.

It is easy to see that this Greeneville team was much better than the average teams Greeneville produces.

2007, Devils gets beat by Sullian South 41-14....Maryville beats SS 48-21

2008, Devils finally gets past SS 35-28, only to get beat by Maryville 33-6 :shock:

First Reclassification season

2009, Devils get to the championship game against Giles Co. But got shut out by 3A Elizabethton 10-0 in the regular season........Elizabethton goes on to lose to CAK and pounded by Alcoa :thumb: 4A was obvious weaker than 3A!

2010, Devils get to the championship game and play the worst team that made it to Cookeville. Again, the 4A classification was much weaker than 3A, 5A, 6A.

I see the 2011 Greeneville team being a good team but, more of a pass oriented team than a team that had a strong run game behind Spradlin and Carmicheal. With these Guys gone, Signal Mtn might have the horses to get past the devils in the playoffs.

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/article.php?ID=84257

Best ever in Northeast Tennessee (does Jefferson County '87 qualify as Northeast Tennessee?) and one of the best ever in Tennessee, according to this writer. No doubt Greeneville was great but points scored don't mean everything especially with some of their competition.

YES I REMEMBER THOSE TEAMS FROM THE LATE 80'S GREENEVILLE WENT AND ALL OF US TO WATCH TWO 6-0 TEAMS BATTLE IT OUT . AND BATTLE THEY DID JEFF CO. SMACKED GREENEVILE 45-7 ( I THINK THE SCORE WAS CLOSE TO THAT) WE WENT BACK TO GREENEVILLE WITH OUR TAILS BETWEEN OUR LEGS !

HATS OFF TO THOSE 80'S JEFF COUNTY TEAMS THEY WERE SOME OF THE BEST THE STATE EVER SAW ! \

I KNOW I WAS THERE FOR SEVERAL OF THEM!

Greeneville has had the good fortune of having a good senior class and the reclassification to 6 divisions this season. But, the roller coaster ride has peaked and is on the downhill. Especially if the TSSAA goes back to 5 classifications. If so, it will be back to the typically 2nd or 3rd round loses for the Devils.

It is easy to see that this Greeneville team was much better than the average teams Greeneville produces.

2007, Devils gets beat by Sullian South 41-14....Maryville beats SS 48-21

2008, Devils finally gets past SS 35-28, only to get beat by Maryville 33-6 :shock:

First Reclassification season

2009, Devils get to the championship game against Giles Co. But got shut out by 3A Elizabethton 10-0 in the regular season........Elizabethton goes on to lose to CAK and pounded by Alcoa :thumb: 4A was obvious weaker than 3A!

2010, Devils get to the championship game and play the worst team that made it to Cookeville. Again, the 4A classification was much weaker than 3A, 5A, 6A.

I see the 2011 Greeneville team being a good team but, more of a pass oriented team than a team that had a strong run game behind Spradlin and Carmicheal. With these Guys gone, Signal Mtn might have the horses to get past the devils in the playoffs.

YES BUT YOU CANT BLAME THE WORST TEAM THAT MADE IT TO COOKEVILLE ON GREENEVILLE BLAME IT ON THE PEOPLE THAT GOT BEAT BY THEM ARE THEY WORSE THAN THE TEAM THAT THEY GOT BEAT BY! MAYBE NOT SAYING ALOT FOR 4A BUT PLEASE DONT TRY TO MAKE GREENEVILLES CHAMPIONSHIP LOOK LIKE A GIMME !

WE HAVE SEVERAL GOOD KIDS COMING UP FROM THE J-V TEAM THAT BY THE WAY WENT UNDEAFEATED WITH A WIN OVER THE D-B J-V TEAM THAT HAD FRES-SOPH-AND JUNIORS PLAYING ON THAT SQUAD - SO DONT COUNT OUT THE DEVILS YET WE HAVE ONE THING ALOT OF TEAMS DONT HAVE AND THAT IS "HEART" !

AND WE DONT GIVE UP WE NEVER GIVE UP ! FROM THE LATE GREAT COACH V AT NC STATE !