greeneville vs alcoa? could it be? who would go? and who would win?

rhetoric

I'd definitely go watch these 2 teams play. I think both were outstanding football teams and well deserving of their championships in 2010. After watching both play this year I believe Alcoa would have prevailed. That is simply consistant with my belief that Alcoa was the best team in all classifications THIS YEAR. I don't think Alcoa would have destroyed the Devils, but I do believe they would have won the game. As for next year, who knows with all the graduating players from both teams. Should be a good game. At this point I believe Maryville will be the best team in all classifications next year based on the number of returning players and the young talent coming into the program and of course under the control of GQ.

Speaking hypothetically, what happens if Greeneville does go out and beat Alcoa yet Alcoa doesnt dominate 3A like they were. Say there is a fall off. Is it still special to Greeneville to think "hey we beat Alcoa" even though its not as talented of an Alcoa team as they have been? I bring it up because its always special to beat Maryville (it is a rivalry game) but it's even better when you beat them at their best, when they win a state title (either 4A or 6A). However there really isnt any kind of rivalry between Alcoa and Greeneville. The same could be said for Alcoa, is it really any big deal if you go out and beat Greeneville and then they lose in the 2nd round of the 4A playoffs?

Speaking hypothetically, what happens if Greeneville does go out and beat Alcoa yet Alcoa doesnt dominate 3A like they were. Say there is a fall off. Is it still special to Greeneville to think "hey we beat Alcoa" even though its not as talented of an Alcoa team as they have been? I bring it up because its always special to beat Maryville (it is a rivalry game) but it's even better when you beat them at their best, when they win a state title (either 4A or 6A). However there really isnt any kind of rivalry between Alcoa and Greeneville. The same could be said for Alcoa, is it really any big deal if you go out and beat Greeneville and then they lose in the 2nd round of the 4A playoffs?

Looks like you are "hypothetically" covering your butt....

No, I believe he is just pointing out that it seems like beating Alcoa would be more important to the Greeneville faithful, than actually winning a state championship. Will Greeneville beat Alcoa next year? I guess we will see soon. However, I do not believe it will happen next year and definately do not believe it would have happened this year. Alcoa was kind of a big and quick offensive team this year. Next year, we will still have one of the best lines in the state regardless of class and will be fast...I mean FAST!!!!! I agree with above post that Maryville will have one of their better teams in several years and will be a great team. I predict at worse, Alcoa will be 14-1 and 2011 state champions next year. However, we do get Maryville at Goddard Field! Every team in the state has a chance to beat whoever they play...in saying that, I feel if we lose a game next year, it will be to the Rebels and not the Devils!

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Sports/article.php?ID=84257

Best ever in Northeast Tennessee (does Jefferson County '87 qualify as Northeast Tennessee?) and one of the best ever in Tennessee, according to this writer. No doubt Greeneville was great but points scored don't mean everything especially with some of their competition.

Fritz is a moron...