Signal Mountain 4A 2011-2012

Dodge

That's not under fire, that's a self inflicted wound. That coach went on the record stating they wanted no part of Alcoa, a team their biggest competition in 4A added readily next season. In light of this very public admission of fear, Greeneville sent a powerfull message to the fledglings.

Barb, Since we made the jump to 4A these boards have been active with speculation that we skipped 3A to avoid Alcoa. I think our coach just wanted to affirm that and I think the coach made a very wise decision. I also have no problem with what he said in the article which was “They’re the best team in any public school class, and they proved that by beating the best 6A team the last couple of years,†Price said. “I don’t think we can play with them right now. I don’t think anybody in the state can.†Notice he said right now, I think it’s important to note this will only be our 3rd year of varsity football. Our coach clearly thinks we can compete with other schools that don’t have the enormous advantage that Alcoa enjoys and I think he proved it by scheduling a top 6A team.

Let me ask you a question. How many private schools in the state only charge a $500 tuition? I knew they had an advantage but didn’t realize it was this big, $500 is a joke. Wonder how many kids spend $500 to go there for academic reasons? Also wonder what would happen if say 100 kids registered to go there, would they take them all? That would only be $50k for 100 students which would require them to have more space and more teachers. They couldn’t restrict it to athletes only could they? Seems to me if the people up in Knoxville want to stop this and level the playing field they will all register to send their kids there and Alcoa would have to cry uncle because they couldn’t take them for less than what it cost to educate them, like they are clearly doing today with the athletes.

Oh one last thing, Greeneville can schedule them for the same reason Maryville can because a loss doesn’t mean anything as you can still win state. However, if we were in 3A a loss to them it would end our season short of the state championship. Who knows next schedule bid in two years we might just schedule them in place of Blackman.

So how long yall been dodgin em?:roflol:

Never have been dodging them since we have never been on or suppose to be in their class. Greeneville has never been scared to shedule any team and any school will tell you that since we have always played teams larger than us almost every friday night before the 09 classification. Alcoa called needed a game this year and Greeneville ACCEPTED the task to take them on.

Barb, Since we made the jump to 4A these boards have been active with speculation that we skipped 3A to avoid Alcoa. I think our coach just wanted to affirm that and I think the coach made a very wise decision. I also have no problem with what he said in the article which was “They’re the best team in any public school class, and they proved that by beating the best 6A team the last couple of years,†Price said. “I don’t think we can play with them right now. I don’t think anybody in the state can.†Notice he said right now, I think it’s important to note this will only be our 3rd year of varsity football. Our coach clearly thinks we can compete with other schools that don’t have the enormous advantage that Alcoa enjoys and I think he proved it by scheduling a top 6A team.

Let me ask you a question. How many private schools in the state only charge a $500 tuition? I knew they had an advantage but didn’t realize it was this big, $500 is a joke. Wonder how many kids spend $500 to go there for academic reasons? Also wonder what would happen if say 100 kids registered to go there, would they take them all? That would only be $50k for 100 students which would require them to have more space and more teachers. They couldn’t restrict it to athletes only could they? Seems to me if the people up in Knoxville want to stop this and level the playing field they will all register to send their kids there and Alcoa would have to cry uncle because they couldn’t take them for less than what it cost to educate them, like they are clearly doing today with the athletes.

Oh one last thing, Greeneville can schedule them for the same reason Maryville can because a loss doesn’t mean anything as you can still win state. However, if we were in 3A a loss to them it would end our season short of the state championship. Who knows next schedule bid in two years we might just schedule them in place of Blackman.

Greeneville has had the same situation that Signal Mountain had this year in years past. Greeneville always had to go through Maryville (When Maryville was always beating Alcoa) to make it to state when they could have been in 3A but wanted to play the best. Your not going to get any slack from anyone on these boards since your coach came out and Said yall were scared to play Alcoa.

Never have been dodging them since we have never been on or suppose to be in their class. Greeneville has never been scared to shedule any team and any school will tell you that since we have always played teams larger than us almost every friday night before the 09 classification. Alcoa called needed a game this year and Greeneville ACCEPTED the task to take them on.

Exactly. Greeneville has never been in the same classification as Alcoa. Therefore, we did not dodge them. However, we did choose to play up in the same class as Maryville, which cost us a couple times. Based on this, Greeneville does not have a history of dodging teams.

Tactical or not you don't tell a newspaper you are scared to play ANYONE! You will not be unbeaten when playoffs comes around so i'm not even worried about it. I guess being in your 20's makes you an old man these days since your talking to a waterboy :roflolk:

Greeneville has around 850 kids now and has played in 4A since there was a 4A in Tennessee and their enrollement then was around 800. Greeneville for years have played up from 3A were they should have been or they would have more state championships. I would say no player from Alcoa or Greeneville plays to play since that wouldn't make since at all :thumb: .

if you could translate either one of those posts into something resembling english,then we will talk Signal Mountain Football.until then,GO WIPE, old man! :hungry:

Greeneville has had the same situation that Signal Mountain had this year in years past. Greeneville always had to go through Maryville (When Maryville was always beating Alcoa) to make it to state when they could have been in 3A but wanted to play the best. Your not going to get any slack from anyone on these boards since your coach came out and Said yall were scared to play Alcoa.

1da1793509a07ed268e73110L_SL500_AA300_.jpg

Exactly. Greeneville has never been in the same classification as Alcoa. Therefore, we did not dodge them. However, we did choose to play up in the same class as Maryville, which cost us a couple times. Based on this, Greeneville does not have a history of dodging teams.

you prefer getting beat by Maryville instead of Alcoa? you know,if you would have played alcoa in those years,and won a couple,you might have learned enough to be a better team! ;)

Edited by Waterboy96