Division II-A Basketball (Small School Division) East/Middle

dgeeman

Who's the best in the Boys Basketball Division II-A East/Middle Division?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like to win this division for the boys?

• Ezell Harding Christian School
    • Franklin Road Academy
    • Donelson Christian School
    • University School of Nashville
    • The Webb Feet
    • Knox Webb
    • Mount Juliet Christian School
    • Riverside Christian
    • St Andrews Sewanee School
    • Zion Christian
    • Kings Academy
    • Davidson Academy

This thread is beyond ridiculous. We have two dads on hear pumping up their sons and their teams without any real knowledge of the game. Anyone who has kept up with this season knows that FRA will win this region and be the undefeated number 1 seed. MJCA is a joke no matter what transfer comes in. They went to usn tonight and lost. Not only did they lose but there "savior" Wankel was ejected in the 4th quarter. This coming after a dad has been on here all but claiming they have wrapped up the league. They now have to play the other big schools over the next three games and will probably drop all of them. Wankel now has to sit the next two games. Ezell Harding cannot beat DCA will lose by 15+ to FRA and slipped by USN by way of shooting 35+ more FT then their opposing team. Please fellas, geth your facts straight before you post on here, it makes you look bad. I suggest getting a life, new job, maybe even a lady friend to keep you busy.

It is all good BigENS. Don't really see anything wrong with pumping up our sons though I usually have good things to say about most players. Despite what you say actually was rooting for FRA to beat DCA to make things interesting. DCA my guess as a result of tonights game has the inside track on the Division regular season championship. And you are absolutely right about the Eagles win over USN...awfully lucky would never deny that.

The Eagles may have lost their high scorer tonight...prayers go out to Hayden Ray who may have suffered a bad injury on the ankle. Hoping it is just a sprain.

BigENS sounds like you know a little about the good players in the Division...acknowledge a few players on the new post I started today. Would love to hear you input.

Hey appreciate the details of the game tonight vs USN...you don't get the details like that in the box score. Like I have said in the past...gotta like the Hodge boy...I think he is quite the player.

Congrats to DCA for getting it done...they look to be a young team that may win it all for the next two years.

Gman

This thread is beyond ridiculous. We have two dads on hear pumping up their sons and their teams without any real knowledge of the game. Anyone who has kept up with this season knows that FRA will win this region and be the undefeated number 1 seed. MJCA is a joke no matter what transfer comes in. They went to usn tonight and lost. Not only did they lose but there "savior" Wankel was ejected in the 4th quarter. This coming after a dad has been on here all but claiming they have wrapped up the league. They now have to play the other big schools over the next three games and will probably drop all of them. Wankel now has to sit the next two games. Ezell Harding cannot beat DCA will lose by 15+ to FRA and slipped by USN by way of shooting 35+ more FT then their opposing team. Please fellas, geth your facts straight before you post on here, it makes you look bad. I suggest getting a life, new job, maybe even a lady friend to keep you busy.

LittleENS, sorry for having an opinion. I guess only people who don't know the difference between hear and here or there and their have the intelligence and real knowledge to post here. Wankel is not their "savior", just another piece to a good team which did lose to USN and Wankel was ejected over a "flagrant" foul that was very questionable. Actually, it sounds like you are the one who is unhappy with your life. Maybe you ought to take your own advice. It seems like geeman and I are pretty happy with our lives.

LittleENS, sorry for having an opinion. I guess only people who don't know the difference between hear and here or there and their have the intelligence and real knowledge to post here. Wankel is not their "savior", just another piece to a good team which did lose to USN and Wankel was ejected over a "flagrant" foul that was very questionable. Actually, it sounds like you are the one who is unhappy with your life. Maybe you ought to take your own advice. It seems like geeman and I are pretty happy with our lives.

Let's get back to the topic - I think MJCA figured out last night they still have a ways to go before they have arrived. Not saying they can't do it, but still have several tough games to close out the regular season. Plus looking at their opponents, their strength of schedule is questionable in relation to their record. There is a lot of time left in the season, plus the tournament.

Think Coach Christensen will be reviewing the film on this one.

Let's get back to the topic - I think MJCA figured out last night they still have a ways to go before they have arrived. Not saying they can't do it, but still have several tough games to close out the regular season. Plus looking at their opponents, their strength of schedule is questionable in relation to their record. There is a lot of time left in the season, plus the tournament.

SmokeStack, contrary to what LittleENS said, I never said that MJCA had arrived. But that they were among the top teams(beat everyone behind them, except USN) and that this week was key to how good they were. We would have had a better idea, if the Ezell game had been played as scheduled, but it was postponed. If Ben had played the whole game, instead of sitting most of the first, I think we would have won last night. Having 17 points/game on the bench for most of the game doesn't help. And since 1 referee decided to call a flagrant foul for what is generally a no call or just a foul, we will have to play DCA & Ezell without Ben, unless we can win an appeal. But he'll be back for FRA.

At first glance the MJCA schedule seemed pretty weak, however, a win vs Knox Webb though down deserves some attention. Let's not count Nilan and the USN team out just yet...Big ENS was right in that one of the losses to Ezell...probably shouldn't have happened, however the door was open, maybe by the refs, maybe by the players, but even with two losses...who knows what might happen USN is still in the hunt for now. It could be fun down the stretch even as battles for the #2,3,4 spots develop.

SmokeStack, contrary to what LittleENS said, I never said that MJCA had arrived. But that they were among the top teams(beat everyone behind them, except USN) and that this week was key to how good they were. We would have had a better idea, if the Ezell game had been played as scheduled, but it was postponed. If Ben had played the whole game, instead of sitting most of the first, I think we would have won last night. Having 17 points/game on the bench for most of the game doesn't help. And since 1 referee decided to call a flagrant foul for what is generally a no call or just a foul, we will have to play DCA & Ezell without Ben, unless we can win an appeal. But he'll be back for FRA.

Speaking of appeals...funny thing happened at the Zion Christian game last night...our head coach got a tech for going down to the far side of the bench and talking to one of his players...he got a "T" for that...then I think once he got a "T" I was told that coaches are to remain on the bench and can not stand the rest of the game...is that true? I think then he again went down to talk to the same player and was "T'd" up again and thrown out of the game...does this make sense to anyone? None of this for arguing until he got the first "T" then the second.

I never said you did. When I post about MJCA, I'm posting about the team.....not what anyone says on a message board. My post was relative to the fact that they were 15-1. Now, I do understand they beat Knox Webb, but they are probably staring at 0-4. this week, unless they figure out a way to pull some miracles. Fouls are part of the game. USN was still beating Ezell for most of the game despite the foul advantage being 21-4 in favor of the Eagles, plus shooting 35 more foul shots. That makes a huge difference. They lost.......still had chances to win the game despite officiating.

Does 17 points per game make a difference? Sure it does. But USN having Welch would be a difference of over 20. His family picked up and moved across town, sold a million dollar home in a terrible economic environment, and did everything possible for him to be eligible.....but didn't move "far enough" according to TSSAA rules. We have kids in Memphis that move every season, some in season, and are immediately eligible. A kid moves from Greenbrier to CPA and is immediately eligible because he "moved far enough" - Bottom line, Big Ben might have been on the bench in foul trouble......USN's best player hasn't suited up a game yet, and still won.

Speaking of appeals...funny thing happened at the Zion Christian game last night...our head coach got a tech for going down to the far side of the bench and talking to one of his players...he got a "T" for that...then I think once he got a "T" I was told that coaches are to remain on the bench and can not stand the rest of the game...is that true? I think then he again went down to talk to the same player and was "T'd" up again and thrown out of the game...does this make sense to anyone? None of this for arguing until he got the first "T" then the second.

Yes this is correct. Once you receive the first technical foul as a HC, you and your staff must remained seated throughout the game, except for time-outs. Might not have "made sense" but it the rule. Your coach should have known the interpretation of the rule.

Yes this is correct. Once you receive the first technical foul as a HC, you and your staff must remained seated throughout the game, except for time-outs. Might not have "made sense" but it the rule. Your coach should have known the interpretation of the rule.

Thanks for that information. I will have to post what the coach did...to me it seemed a silly call as he was just squatting down talking to one of his players...if he's yelling that is something else but he had his back to the court at the time. Even the Zion Christian parents mentioned this ref as one who had called 6 techs in one game for even more silly stuff. They said they tried to ban him from doing their games but apparently had no success with that request.

I never said you did. When I post about MJCA, I'm posting about the team.....not what anyone says on a message board. My post was relative to the fact that they were 15-1. Now, I do understand they beat Knox Webb, but they are probably staring at 0-4. this week, unless they figure out a way to pull some miracles. Fouls are part of the game. USN was still beating Ezell for most of the game despite the foul advantage being 21-4 in favor of the Eagles, plus shooting 35 more foul shots. That makes a huge difference. They lost.......still had chances to win the game despite officiating.

Does 17 points per game make a difference? Sure it does. But USN having Welch would be a difference of over 20. His family picked up and moved across town, sold a million dollar home in a terrible economic environment, and did everything possible for him to be eligible.....but didn't move "far enough" according to TSSAA rules. We have kids in Memphis that move every season, some in season, and are immediately eligible. A kid moves from Greenbrier to CPA and is immediately eligible because he "moved far enough" - Bottom line, Big Ben might have been on the bench in foul trouble......USN's best player hasn't suited up a game yet, and still won.

Can you imagine how much better DCA might be with Welch playing for them...Well I hope things work out for the young man...it is difficult to see such a talented player not play as a result. You see different calls from the TSSAA all the time. It would be our luck he gets eligible and revoke some revenge on the Eagles...hopefully we will be on the other side of the bracket in the tourney. BTW don't discount Nilan...Welch is good...Nilan is good too! They will be an awesome duo once they get to play together.