football recruiting

I'm sure there are an endless number of successful graduates of the schools you're bashing..if those schools are so terrible how did those graduates make it? Bad test scores are primarily the fault of the test-takers (students) and their parents.

That was directed to Scots.

Student effort does play a major role. However, when your school system is repeatedly near the bottom of testing scores it is indicative of the system. Do a little research about test scores in Blount County and you will see the reason some parents take their kids to Maryville or Alcoa.

Lastly, "making it" is dependent upon what you define as successful. One of my key elements of success is providing my children the opportunity to get a better education than I did. Why send your child to a school that will provide an education that will automatically place them behind their peers upon entering college? Of course, if college is not in your childs future, then the County systems education should be sufficent as they have good vocational studies.

Hum, kind of reminds me of a story where a coach took a player in to live with him, not because of his athletic ability, but, because he was worried about his academics. The kid gets an offer to play for UT but doesn't have the grades so he goes the Juco route. As far as I know he never did get to enroll at UT or get out of the Jr. College. I guess that coach fell a little short. He never got the grades, but, he was a heck of a ball player. Kind of makes you wonder!!!!!

So the coach took in a student that was having academic problems on the request of the students mother. Is that what your saying? The student got an offer from UT, but was academically ineligible and he went to a JUCO to get his grades up. Sounds like he got a college education and was able to make something out of his life. It sounds like the coach did an awesome job in getting the student into college.

Good for the student for making a better life for himself and the coach went above and beyond his duties as a coach. The great coach's usually do make a life changing difference in their players.

So the coach took in a student that was having academic problems on the request of the students mother. Is that what your saying? The student got an offer from UT, but was academically ineligible and he went to a JUCO to get his grades up. Sounds like he got a college education and was able to make something out of his life. It sounds like the coach did an awesome job in getting the student into college.

Good for the student for making a better life for himself and the coach went above and beyond his duties as a coach. The great coach's usually do make a life changing difference in their players.

Was that not similar to what happened at Grace. How many other kid's need help, but, are not taken care of. I guess it was just a coincidence that he was great athlete. " Just like Grace"

Come on man, if you want to blow a bunch of smoke get a pipe.

Edited by BROKEDOWN

Was that not similar to what happened at Grace. How many other kid's need help, but, are not taken care of. I guess it was just a coincidence that he was great athlete. " Just like Grace"

Come on man, if you want to blow a bunch of smoke get a pipe.

I'm not sure how many other students needed help and didn't receive it. Im sure there were a few, but we are talking about a student athlete that did receive help. Coincidence. Definitely not. The coach saw a need in one of his players and was able to help him. Good for him. It sounds like it worked out for the student. Coaches and players form a bond between eachother. Its a special relationship that unless you actually played you can't comprehend it. Its a respect thing.

I'm sure that I'm not going to change your mind, but just trying to offer another opinion to this discussion. I'm not an Alcoa fan. Just an admirer of a great program. If your right in the wrong doing of this program, I am sure the TSSAA will bring down the hammer on them.

Funny how they have won 7 in a row and no official inquiries have started. Makes you think that maybe, just maybe, they are legit. Just saying.

once again bring up willie i love it.. haha if helps u any he moved to greeneville because he had family problems.. okay if your gonna say kids thts supposed to go fulton austin east and what about west knoxville?? we'll see whos better see you at burly stadium week 5 ill be head hunting

Yea, but what about the recruited players coming from VA that play for Greeneville?! They don't even live in TN.......now that is the worst abuse of recruiting in TN I've heard about. Enjoy that gold trophy even though you guys cheated big time! Unreal!

SCOTS50 you should change your name to Billy Bad Butt! Speaking of Nebo Mtn why don't you come on up and talk your trash there! All I am saying if you want to send your kids to city schools move to the city. Don't litter our county with people who want instant success and doesn't want to be part of turning a program around with HARD WORK! You gotta stand for something or you'll fall for anything!

OK, since we are talking about "hard work".........it is rumored that "good athletes" at heritage are enticed to come play football. And, if they do.......they would not have to "worry" about grades as long as their attendance record was good. This might be why some players left Alcoa to play at heritage. What "other" reason would a possible starter at Alcoa leave to go to heritage. sad.

Yea, but what about the recruited players coming from VA that play for Greeneville?! They don't even live in TN.......now that is the worst abuse of recruiting in TN I've heard about. Enjoy that gold trophy even though you guys cheated big time! Unreal!

To all the Alcoa fans on this board whining about allegations without proof, looks like y'all are just as bad, if not worse. What goes around, comes around. :roflol:

I'm not sure how many other students needed help and didn't receive it. Im sure there were a few, but we are talking about a student athlete that did receive help. Coincidence. Definitely not. The coach saw a need in one of his players and was able to help him. Good for him. It sounds like it worked out for the student. Coaches and players form a bond between eachother. Its a special relationship that unless you actually played you can't comprehend it. Its a respect thing.

I'm sure that I'm not going to change your mind, but just trying to offer another opinion to this discussion. I'm not an Alcoa fan. Just an admirer of a great program. If your right in the wrong doing of this program, I am sure the TSSAA will bring down the hammer on them.

Funny how they have won 7 in a row and no official inquiries have started. Makes you think that maybe, just maybe, they are legit. Just saying.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Alcoa cheats. They have a top notch program with a fine coaching staff and their players conduct their selves with class. I don't think they recruit, I just get tired of hearing how parents only picked Alcoa because of the academics. If your name is Tornadomom and you are on a football message board telling people you enrolled your son at Alcoa because of the academics I have to call Bull sh**t on that one. You would be spending more time on academic websites instead of football sites. It's only an opinion, but, I think Alcoa's successful football program played a part in that decision.

To all the Alcoa fans on this board whining about allegations without proof, looks like y'all are just as bad, if not worse. What goes around, comes around. :roflol:

The real question is why does an Ensworth fan continue to show up on every Alcoa thread ? Most Private fans are above becoming a Troll .... I guess by you worrying so much about Alcoa you're setting a fine example for your school aren't you ? Maybe you should start worrying about how you represent your own school instead of what the Alcoa fans are up to .

The real question is why does an Ensworth fan continue to show up on every Alcoa thread ? Most Private fans are above becoming a Troll .... I guess by you worrying so much about Alcoa you're setting a fine example for your school aren't you ? Maybe you should start worrying about how you represent your own school instead of what the Alcoa fans are up to .

So you are saying that a threat titled "Football Recruiting" is an Alcoa thread???!!!??? Oops!! :flower:

Y'all BC people quit spreading lies about DII schools and I will stop correcting said lies on whatever thread they may appear. I have great respect for the Alcoa and Maryville football programs. Wish some of you could just show some respect for others as well.

Edited by RedRobin

Div II schools have been down this road before, been hearing all this since about, oh, forever lol. Interesting to see how other schools respond to it though.