District 9AA Only

Cleggy

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys really think anybody from this district will make it past regions? Get real, CPA and Maplewood could beat anyone from district 9 with their eyes closed. :roflol:

Maybe on paper... but they dont play games on paper. Gotta play them on the hardwood. And they may close their eyes but i bet they get punched in the mouth when they do. No wait...that's 9AAA. lol.

i'm sorry Troy, but i don't really no what the heck you are getting at with your previous post

I can't tell if you are trying to get a friendly Regional rivalry going, or if you are trying to disrespect the "little small town" schools. Sycamore is very new to this Region and I can't tell.

Maybe you are just joking around, but in most of your posts about District 9 teams, you seem to be mocking us. I am very proud of Sycamore, and the new to us district with Macon Co., White House, Greenbriar, Westmoreland and Goodpasture. There is a lot of talent in our district. It wouldn't be a good idea for the "big city" schools to overlook anyone from Dist. 9.

On the other hand, if you are just joking around, .....BRING IT!!!

Edited by TroyJ746

I can't tell if you are trying to get a friendly Regional rivalry going, or if you are trying to disrespect the "little small town" schools. Sycamore is very new to this Region and I can't tell.

Maybe you are just joking around, but in most of your posts about District 9 teams, you seem to be mocking us. I am very proud of Sycamore, and the new to us district with Macon Co., White House, Greenbriar, Westmoreland and Goodpasture. There is a lot of talent in our district. It wouldn't be a good idea for the "big city" schools to overlook anyone from Dist. 9.

On the other hand, if your just joking around, .....BRING IT!!!

Sycamore has a 23-6 record and ranked 6th in the state in AA. I don't think you need to worry about disrespect, you've already proven it on the court.

Sycamore hit 13 threes in the 9AA finals. Is that the main strength of the team?

Sycamore hit 13 threes in the 9AA finals. Is that the main strength of the team?

Just my opinion, the strength is the conditioning and depth. The War Eagles dress out 11 players, the 11th a Sophmore and future point guard. As for the other 10, you could pick any 5 to start.

That being said, you gotta love their deep game, too!

Just my opinion, the strength is the conditioning and depth. The War Eagles dress out 11 players, the 11th a Sophmore and future point guard. As for the other 10, you could pick any 5 to start.

That being said, you gotta love their deep game, too!

Yeah Sycamore may have the deepest bench in the midstate. They are very disciplined on defense and play very hard. They will put up a fight against anybody

Sycamore has a 23-6 record and ranked 6th in the state in AA. I don't think you need to worry about disrespect, you've already proven it on the court.

No, they attempted and made that many threes because White House plays zone the whole game, like amost everyone else in the district, because they cant stay in front of Sycamore's pg. They also have an all-distict/all-tournament post player that's about 6'4 and strong as a bull. So really, you kinda have to pick your poison. But I think their strength is their pressure defense, which they didnt show much during tournament play, and their depth.

No, they attempted and made that many threes because White House plays zone the whole game, like amost everyone else in the district, because they cant stay in front of Sycamore's pg. They also have an all-distict/all-tournament post player that's about 6'4 and strong as a bull. So really, you kinda have to pick your poison. But I think their strength is their pressure defense, which they didnt show much during tournament play, and their depth.

Whites Creek has a couple of really quick guards that may give Sycamore trouble or at least neutralize the point guard advantage. The inside game may be the difference maker. Whites Creek has been playing some really good ball as of late. Last week they beat a solid Lipscomb team, came within 4 of upsetting CPA and lost to East Literature in OT. This has the potential to be a really good game.

Whites Creek has a couple of really quick guards that may give Sycamore trouble or at least neutralize the point guard advantage. The inside game may be the difference maker. Whites Creek has been playing some really good ball as of late. Last week they beat a solid Lipscomb team, came within 4 of upsetting CPA and lost to East Literature in OT. This has the potential to be a really good game.

I think it will be a good game. I think the way the game is officiated will go a long way in deciding this game also. I attended some 10AA tournament games and some 9AA tourney games. 10AA was much more physical and refs allowed alot more contact than the 9AA games. 9AA had more handchecks/touch fouls called. Not saying it creates an advantage either way but one of the teams will have to adjust to a different style.

I think it will be a good game. I think the way the game is officiated will go a long way in deciding this game also. I attended some 10AA tournament games and some 9AA tourney games. 10AA was much more physical and refs allowed alot more contact than the 9AA games. 9AA had more handchecks/touch fouls called. Not saying it creates an advantage either way but one of the teams will have to adjust to a different style.

You heard it here folks, UPSET alert: Whites Creek over Sycamore!! I'm calling it and it's gonna happen