Single A State Poll 1/10/11

TitanicVol

This is another typical mid season poll. They always put West Tn teams at the top, and there are always alot of West Tn teams in the top ten. They play weak schedules and thus have good records, but when they get to the buro' they are ALWAYS beaten by the teams from Middle Tn and to be more specific District 7A. Moore Co. is as good as anyone in Class A as well and better than anyone except maybe Jackson County and then even that game will be a toss up. I just hope JC and Moore Co. get in opposite brackets come the state tournament because that is your championship game and it would be an injustice to have it any other way. No team out of the west has a chance against either of these two teams and i mean NO CHANCE!

Now that is funny..I hear Scotts Hill has a very good team..Really can't compare Lake Co and Moore Co because we haven't played the same teams.The only game I can come close to comparing is Moore Co beat Summertown by 14 points.Perry Co beat that same Summertown team by 7 points.Lake Co beat Perry Co by 16 points at Perry Co.Also if you notice the number 4 team in the state in AA is Liberty.They only have 1 loss.That was to Greenfield,another team in district 14A.Liberty has beaten Northside who is ranked in the top 10 of the AAA polls.Lake Co lost to Obion Central in overtime.Lake Co had Central by about 15 points with all the starters on the floor.Only when T.T. Flowers went to the bench did Central make a run.And even then the subs played very well.Central just made about 4 long 3 pointers in a row.So..all I can say is I hope you think that.Not saying Lake Co will win the Stete but if all the players stay out of foul trouble,they can beat any single a team.I also would put Wayne Co in the mix.But also know teams have to be good and also have some luck to win it all.

Edited by mrbigster

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is another typical mid season poll. They always put West Tn teams at the top, and there are always alot of West Tn teams in the top ten. They play weak schedules and thus have good records, but when they get to the buro' they are ALWAYS beaten by the teams from Middle Tn and to be more specific District 7A. Moore Co. is as good as anyone in Class A as well and better than anyone except maybe Jackson County and then even that game will be a toss up. I just hope JC and Moore Co. get in opposite brackets come the state tournament because that is your championship game and it would be an injustice to have it any other way. No team out of the west has a chance against either of these two teams and i mean NO CHANCE!

I hope Moore Co and Jackson Co are in opposite brackets also.Put Lake Co against one of them and Scotts Hill against the other.With that said..just to get out of the region may be hard with Greenfield,Bradford,Gleason, Huntingdon,Union City,South Fulton,Humboldt and Dresden just to name a few in the region.On any given night a team can be beaten.Let an official call 3 fouls on a couple key players from Jackson Co and Moore Co if they were to play Lake Co and see how it ends up.So..even good teams have to have some luck involved.

A typical response from this old poot. He hasnt changed a bit from his many negative posts of the past.

Jackson County is very good again this year. I think most around the state, especially after the state finals last year, have Moore Co. as the favorite. But to say no team from the west has a chance against the first two mentioned is not an educated post. While I am an avid Upper Cumberland fan, Lake County is for real and has a really good team that will (or at least should) be there in the end. With that said, I think MC and LC are the 2 top favorites IMO. I think JC's lack of depth will get them although come tourney time I will definately be cheering for them.

Good post from someone that knows his basketball.

It takes a lot of talent,luck and hard work to be there at the end. Being a JC fan I know there's a lot of teams that can defeat us on a given night in regular season or in tournament play, but others speaking of tough schedule of aa and aaa schools and that helps down the stregth. JC has a aa and aaa schedule for most part except district and region teams they have to play. Upperman and Livingston and Cookeville they play twice every year and throw in Wilson central, Shelbyville and others they catch in mid south classic and I will put their strength of schedule year in and out with anybody. Saying that I also know several teams in class a also play tough schedules and are capable of ending JC's play at any tournament game so everyone has to prepare and be ready for the next game whoever they play. It dosen't matter how much you beat somebody or how much some other team won by, you have to win to advance.This year so far JC lost to a good Wilson Central team by 2 and a excellant Florida team in their 2 losses. Good luck to all the teams this year and I hope JC improves enough to be there at the end but they have a uphill battle loosing 5 or 6 seniors last year and are very young with some good talent.

Edited by senator

The last sentance in this post destroys any credability given,as anyone who has any intrest in sporting events will confirm. The "experts" gave Jimmy V's Wolfpack no chance,Villanova in 85',Buster Douglas....well you get the picture.Everyone "in the know" does not need to be reminded that Jackson and Moore Counties have very strong programs,nor is it surprising to them that serveral West Tn teams can play too.There's no disrespect implied to either J.C. or M.C. for being ranked as highly as they are,would you not agree? The midten portion of your self given "nickname" gives away your bias,but the sportfan half should include "shortwhile"somewhere if you don't remember the Western dominance of Gleason and Bradford a few years back.There's a good chance that one of your two picks will make you look like a prophet,but there's just as good a' chance that someone else takes home the gold this year too.With the potential for injuries,foul trouble,a lesser team having an outstanding game,or just a subpar preformance on the wrong night any one of the better teams stand to be eliminated earlier than they should,including M.C. or J.C.From this point in the season'given the option of the two afforementioned teams,or "the field", I'll take the field.

The coacht strength of schedule ratings is pretty misleading. It simply takes the winning percentage of your opponents into consideration. If you have a couple of awful teams (with 0-15 records, for example) in your district it really drags down your strength of schedule ranking. It does not factor in classification differences and is not really a great indicator of the quality of teams that you play. Teams with soft schedules and great win loss records improve your strength of schedule ranking, even though they really are not very strong. Teams with tougher schedules have worse win loss records and hurt your strength of schedule ranking, even though they are pretty strong teams. Hampton currently has no losses to Single A teams and all 5 of their losses are to very good AA and AAA teams. The vast majority of Single A teams in the state would also have lost all five of those games. Note that their strength plus success rank is #11, which helps my argument that they are possibly better that North Greene. There is no perfect way to create a perfect strength of schedule ranking. Coacht has to do it some way, and it is somewhat of an accurate indicator. All I am saying is do not put too much stock in it. It gets more accurate by seasons end when the sample size is much larger.

Watching the CoachT poll for a number of years as has many of you, we all realize that his poll is more accurateivision the closer you get to the end of the season although not totally. It would be according to how you were going to use it. It's now not loaded with District play for those who do not play District foes early in the season. Nor is it loaded will just all schools in that Division. But it is a good reference for those who want to go thru the exercise of comparing.

The last sentance in this post destroys any credability given,as anyone who has any intrest in sporting events will confirm. The "experts" gave Jimmy V's Wolfpack no chance,Villanova in 85',Buster Douglas....well you get the picture.Everyone "in the know" does not need to be reminded that Jackson and Moore Counties have very strong programs,nor is it surprising to them that serveral West Tn teams can play too.There's no disrespect implied to either J.C. or M.C. for being ranked as highly as they are,would you not agree? The midten portion of your self given "nickname" gives away your bias,but the sportfan half should include "shortwhile"somewhere if you don't remember the Western dominance of Gleason and Bradford a few years back.There's a good chance that one of your two picks will make you look like a prophet,but there's just as good a' chance that someone else takes home the gold this year too.With the potential for injuries,foul trouble,a lesser team having an outstanding game,or just a subpar preformance on the wrong night any one of the better teams stand to be eliminated earlier than they should,including M.C. or J.C.From this point in the season'given the option of the two afforementioned teams,or "the field", I'll take the field.

And i will give you the field! Its the same thing we hear EVERY YEAR how good the teams are from Scotts Hill, Middleton, LC, etc... and every year we beat them by double digits more times than not. I hope we draw LC or Scotts Hill first game as it will be an automatic bye to the second round! Oh and guess what JC doesn't have a SENIOR on the squad!!! We've only been beaten 2 times, once by undefeated AAA Wilson Central and one by a ranked school out of Fla. So bring on the hate people but just remember you heard it hear first, if LC, Scotts Hill or whomever comes out of the west, if you draw JC or Moore Co. in the first round it will be ONE AND DONE so no need to book your hotel rooms for more than one night! :)

And i will give you the field! Its the same thing we hear EVERY YEAR how good the teams are from Scotts Hill, Middleton, LC, etc... and every year we beat them by double digits more times than not. I hope we draw LC or Scotts Hill first game as it will be an automatic bye to the second round! Oh and guess what JC doesn't have a SENIOR on the squad!!! We've only been beaten 2 times, once by undefeated AAA Wilson Central and one by a ranked school out of Fla. So bring on the hate people but just remember you heard it hear first, if LC, Scotts Hill or whomever comes out of the west, if you draw JC or Moore Co. in the first round it will be ONE AND DONE so no need to book your hotel rooms for more than one night! :)

"Bring on the hate",you say? The only hate on this thread is in both your posts.Every opinion expressed in this forum is respectful toward everyone involved save yours,so try and show a little class as these comments are not directed to the posters,but teenage girls playing a game.I can assure you that the fans in each one of the small communities you've "called out" love their respective teams as much as the fans in Jackson and Moore Counties do.Your opinions could be expressed in a more tactful manner while still getting the point across...just my opinion of course.If you insist on bashing every team in single A in the western division,well that's your privilige so have at it. I will not bandy words over this subject any further,and will close by saying that I respect the fact that you believe Moore and Jackson Co.have the two best teams in Tennessee in 1A,and have no respect for the manner which you chose to state your opinion.

There is a lot of talent this year in A. I've heard Lake County is the real deal this year and Moore County will be up there with the best of the best. Though I haven't seen Jackson County play I assumed coming into the season, though they would still be good, that they would be somewhat down with losing 4 senior starters their best player in Laken Leonard, but I was wrong and they have picked up right where they left off. I've also heard that Jackson County has as many weapons as they've ever had.. Clarkrange lost their 2 best players but like Jackson County they reload every year as well. RBS is a very good team but is right where they belong in the #9 ranking because they play noone that gives them any credibility of being the team I know they're capable of being. Just my input on what I know and what I think :thumb:

Edited by swanson71