AP prep poll Class A

GreenFog

Nice Post, PC does not have much representation in the polls as far as a close AP member, whereas teams like Lake Co. and Columbia Academy have many newspaper around to give them credibility and vote. NW, I think in your next vote you should consider Summertown and PC. PC is a very good team that should have only had one loss if all players had been there all year.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearcats I would beg to differ about LC having more newspapers around to give us representation. Have you ever been to Lake Co? We get zero press coverage. Could not even get an honorable mention player on the All- West TN football team presented by the Jackson Sun even though we had 2 all-state players and went 9-3. In basketball LC girls are 1 in the AP poll but not even mentioned in the Jackson Sun's Dirty dozen. THe Commercial Appeal only covers Memphis so you tell me who is giving LC press. Before you answer I will tell ya just like your Buffalo River Review we get our press from the Lake County Banner and sometimes the Union City Messenger when we play Obion Co. Teams.

NWHoopaholic knowing you like I do that poll you presented is unbiased since one team in particular is missing!!LOL :roflol:

Like I said in the post Dawg, LC is not Top 10 YET. Great potential. Beat Humboldt Tuesday and I will really push them! :thumb:

LC was actually recommended by the Jackson Sun for inclusion.

Edited by NWhoopaholic

Like I said in the post Dawg, LC is not Top 10 YET. Great potential. Beat Humboldt Tuesday and I will really push them! :thumb:

LC was actually recommended by the Jackson Sun for inclusion.

I have to say I'm with Wardawg on this NW...lol...I believe the polls are voted for on Monday afternoon aren't they?Anxious to see if the rankings change since last week.Lake Co was 7th and not thinking they'll move up..Just wanting to see if they drop since the last poll.I would think it would be hard since Lake Co has beaten Trenton by 14 points..a team that has beaten Humboldt..and really put it on Halls by close to 40 points.Not that beating Halls is big but by the point margin thta they did..Thanks for showing some people how things work.Especially to the PC and Summertown folks..Not many voters reveal that.I pretty well knew most of the papers that participate due from some of your threads from past seasons.You'd think more would participate..As for PC and Summertown being ranked..I'm on their side.Probably should be ranked.

It seems like every poll is slightly biased according to where the people voting on the teams live or the teams they watch or like to watch. so i dont think any poll is completely accurate, this is why we have district, region, substate, and state tournament games. At the start of the district tournament every 1A team in the state has a chance to go all the way to the state championship game and prove they are the #1 team in the state!

It seems like every poll is slightly biased according to where the people voting on the teams live or the teams they watch or like to watch. so i dont think any poll is completely accurate, this is why we have district, region, substate, and state tournament games. At the start of the district tournament every 1A team in the state has a chance to go all the way to the state championship game and prove they are the #1 team in the state!

Thank You Captian Obvious. :roflol:

Bearcats I would beg to differ about LC having more newspapers around to give us representation. Have you ever been to Lake Co? We get zero press coverage. Could not even get an honorable mention player on the All- West TN football team presented by the Jackson Sun even though we had 2 all-state players and went 9-3. In basketball LC girls are 1 in the AP poll but not even mentioned in the Jackson Sun's Dirty dozen. THe Commercial Appeal only covers Memphis so you tell me who is giving LC press. Before you answer I will tell ya just like your Buffalo River Review we get our press from the Lake County Banner and sometimes the Union City Messenger when we play Obion Co. Teams.

Yes, I have been to Lake Co., Like you just said you have the Lake Co. banner UC Mess. and Dyer Co. along with Martin, who represents PC, no one the closest Ap member voting is in columbia, I know for a fact LC gets more coverage in the polls not that it matters, its just like CA they are in every year no matter how horrible they are!