Who are the expected star players for the 2011 season in East Tennessee?

westrebel20

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devon Swafford at Dobyns-Bennett outstanding runningback and receiver. Also, Ty Hayworth tore up the Army All Star combine in San Antonio. He will be a five star recruit this coming year. Already receiving letters from Alabama, Florida State, Tennessee, Ohio State and Texas just to name a few.

Devon Swafford at Dobyns-Bennett outstanding runningback and receiver. Also, Ty Hayworth tore up the Army All Star combine in San Antonio. He will be a five star recruit this coming year. Already receiving letters from Alabama, Florida State, Tennessee, Ohio State and Texas just to name a few.

Devaun Swafford will be explosive. Ty is a good player but I heard he didnt do well at all in the combine. I know he wasnt in the top ranks cause they were posted. I think he will get a good offer but I wouldnt say 5 stars by no means. Hunter Holt will do as much if not more and the other 2 will be Will Allen and Justin Long. Letters mean absolutley nothing.

Devon is a really good back.He has a lot of moves and is hard to get a straight shot on.Ty is the first DB offensive lineman in several years to get this much attention from D1 schools.By far the best chance we have had for a big man in a good while.He has a great work ethic and you just can't teach size to go with his great strenth.All that to the side,I really like this young man even if he didn't want to play football.He has raised the bar for all the future offensive lineman at DB.For those that don't know of him,he is just killing every DB lifting record as well.One makes me sad to see go,but I couldn't pick a better player to see do it then TY.

Devon is a really good back.He has a lot of moves and is hard to get a straight shot on.Ty is the first DB offensive lineman in several years to get this much attention from D1 schools.By far the best chance we have had for a big man in a good while.He has a great work ethic and you just can't teach size to go with his great strenth.All that to the side,I really like this young man even if he didn't want to play football.He has raised the bar for all the future offensive lineman at DB.For those that don't know of him,he is just killing every DB lifting record as well.One makes me sad to see go,but I couldn't pick a better player to see do it then TY.

anyone else in east tn that will be good. not just college good. im looking for guys that will make a difference in high school

anyone else in east tn that will be good. not just college good. im looking for guys that will make a difference in high school

There are two at Knox Central. Cody Blanc and Josh Poplar. Cody is a senior and Josh is a sophmore. Both had good seasons last year and should have great years this year. Blanc Is as fast ans anyone and has the ability to take a hit with his size but can also out run almost anyone. Poplar is a strong hard nosed runner and has all the speed you need. He will be a sophmore and should have a better handle on high school football.

There are two at Knox Central. Cody Blanc and Josh Poplar. Cody is a senior and Josh is a sophmore. Both had good seasons last year and should have great years this year. Blanc Is as fast ans anyone and has the ability to take a hit with his size but can also out run almost anyone. Poplar is a strong hard nosed runner and has all the speed you need. He will be a sophmore and should have a better handle on high school football.

i second that, cody is a very good talented player.. For oak ridge we have bradley zulliger on offense, can run and pass the football, dual threat qb... on defense we have linebacker elliott normand who led the defense in tackles as a sophomore on a team that went to the semifinals. Watch out for him next few years, great talent.

• 3 weeks later...

Trent Waters has transfered to Bearden and sat out his Sophomore season as a result. He is 6'2" 215 lbs. and has been getting attention since his Freshman year were he started on both sides of the ball. He was a all region and all district linebacker as a freshman and was defensive player of the week in the Knoxville area after his very first high school game were he had 3 interceptions. This kid also plays receiver, quarterback, special teams, and safety. He will be a asset to the Bearden Bulldogs since they lost so many players at key positions. The 2011 season will be a rebuilding year for Bearden but look for this kid to get Bearden noticed.

In regards to Josh Poplar at Central, not sure that Central is the best program for him to be in but if thats where he's zoned then that's where he's gonna have to play. He's a quick back with a good head on his shoulders for football. He's sees the entire field and will most likely have a good Sophomore season. He just needs to get in the weight room and get some size to him. (Heard he gave up AAU basketball for football, also heard alot of people questioning that move so we will have to see how that plays out for him).

Aaron Blance at Webb has also got to be mentioned. He's a real quick kid that does stuff on the field you just can't teach. His size is his only set back as he definetely has the athletic ability. Webb also lost alot of key players the last two years but Meske is the best at getting the most out of what he's got. Aaron and his brother Caleb will be key to them having another winning season.

In District 5-AAA

Chad Voytik Sr. QB Cleveland 6'0 195. Has been named to the 2012 ESPNU Watch List. Threw for 1,850 yards and 17 TDs as a junior. He also ran for 439 yards and 7 TDs.

Desmond Sharp Jr. RB Rhea Co. 5'10 160. As a Sophomore ran for over 962 yards 7 TDs. in 11 games. Des is a good running back with a lot of potential. I look for him to have a big year next year and gain some attention.

Jacob Revis Jr. OL Rhea Co. 6'3 285. Named the District 5-AAA Offensive Lineman of the Year. He is the little brother of current UT Vol Kevin Revis. Has good size and speed. He is a great kid in the classroom and in the weight room. Can play any spot on the offensive line and can long snap. Has had several good camps as a freshman and sophomore. I look for several D-I schools to start recruiting him soon.

James Stovall Sr. WR Bradley Central 6'3 185. Stovall is a play-maker. He is a very tall and speedy receiver with great hands. I look for him be one of the top prospect in the Chattanooga area.

Justin Houston Sr. RB Bradley Central 5'8 160. Houstin is a great running back with outstanding speed. I think if he has a good off season he could be one of the better senior running backs in the chattanooga area. He is a pure athlete.

Bryce Copeland Jr. QB Bradley Central 5'10 160. Named District 5-AAA QB of the Year. He is another good QB in District 5 AAA. He has a strong arm and a great team around him. He is a winner and should have another great year next year.