• Cosby
    • Cloudland
    • Hancock County
    • Hampton
    • University High
    • Unaka
    • Washburn
    • J.Frank White

People in Carter county think the sun sets on all their sports teams. They think theyre sooo good in every sport. You people (mainly from Hampton) talk $%^& on here about how good your teams are. Well i promise Cosby wont be scared come tuesday. Cosby has way more basketball tradition that your Bulldogs and thats not even questionable. We have the better coach and we have a group who knows how to play and they know how to win and i assure you that you all have no answer for Corey Conard. And when you pack it in on him its bombs away. If we shoot DECENT we blow Unaka out of the gym. We only hit 3 three's and Corey had a bad game and scored he still 21. Our people around here dont wish for wins, they are expected. And it will be no different come this tuesday at 7:45. Dont bash our schedule. We played jeff county seymour gibbs pigeon forge twice and two teams from middle tennessee in which we had no idea what they had or how good they were. So untill then ill let you Carter county folk sit around and talk about how you all invented the game of basketball. See ya tuesday...its a date

Sounds like you are the one with the problem. It is what it is son. I got nothing against Cosby and I made a friend in ole24eagle, but its a long shot to say you even have a chance of keeping it close if Hampton comes to play. They are better than you. YOu'll see. :)

How in the world did I miss THIS thread?!!!

'Eagle, I was surprised to see Unaka played you so close....although I've said all year they are more talented then they appear.

The DOGS aren't gonna overlook Cosby....but they know this is a battle that must be taken care of if they wish to fight in the war on Saturday.

Such hostility by some Cosby fans....maybe we Carter Co teams should be on here talking about how sorry our teams were at 25-3?!! :)

People in Carter county think the sun sets on all their sports teams. They think theyre sooo good in every sport. You people (mainly from Hampton) talk $%^& on here about how good your teams are. Well i promise Cosby wont be scared come tuesday. Cosby has way more basketball tradition that your Bulldogs and thats not even questionable. We have the better coach and we have a group who knows how to play and they know how to win and i assure you that you all have no answer for Corey Conard. And when you pack it in on him its bombs away. If we shoot DECENT we blow Unaka out of the gym. We only hit 3 three's and Corey had a bad game and scored he still 21. Our people around here dont wish for wins, they are expected. And it will be no different come this tuesday at 7:45. Dont bash our schedule. We played jeff county seymour gibbs pigeon forge twice and two teams from middle tennessee in which we had no idea what they had or how good they were. So untill then ill let you Carter county folk sit around and talk about how you all invented the game of basketball. See ya tuesday...its a date

A better coach?!!! And know better how to play?!!

King, B&G, you all on here again talking 'bout shooting in a peach basket? You KNOW Hampton thought of it first!!! :)

'Tradition, if Cosby can play half as good as you talk, it should be a good game!

We WILL see you there

Edited by uknoit2

Sounds like you are the one with the problem. It is what it is son. I got nothing against Cosby and I made a friend in ole24eagle, but its a long shot to say you even have a chance of keeping it close if Hampton comes to play. They are better than you. YOu'll see. :)

'Ole eagle' is always a class act.....pulls hard for his team and respects the competition.

Ive never seen Cosby's trophy case, don't know how many "Hall of Fame" coaches they have or had, don't know how many times they've made it to the boro, or how many 'state recognized' players walked their floors......BUT I do know about Hampton's now and then and we backwoods Carter Co folks are quite proud of our DOGS and 'LANDERS......and yes, even those Rangers!

'Ole eagle' is always a class act.....pulls hard for his team and respects the competition.

Ive never seen Cosby's trophy case, don't know how many "Hall of Fame" coaches they have or had, don't know how many times they've made it to the boro, or how many 'state recognized' players walked their floors......BUT I do know about Hampton's now and then and we backwoods Carter Co folks are quite proud of our DOGS and 'LANDERS......and yes, even those Rangers!

Kids say the darndest things sometimes. They seem to lack that brain to mouth filter that adults gain from experiance.(not all of it good) Actually the game of basketball was invented in Mass. for the YMCA by old Naismith. BUT the second game ever played was between Cloudland and Hampton!I think Jerry even coached in that one.(started coaching at Cloudland,you know) :roflol: All kidding aside,looking forward to tomorrow night. Should be some great games. Hope the dogs and Landers bring their "A" games. Be great to see both in the Boro, but got to worry about the step in front of you, cause you start lookin ahead and that step will trip you up every time. Good luck to both teams. See you guys at Ch.Doak.

Kids say the darndest things sometimes. They seem to lack that brain to mouth filter that adults gain from experiance.(not all of it good) Actually the game of basketball was invented in Mass. for the YMCA by old Naismith. BUT the second game ever played was between Cloudland and Hampton!I think Jerry even coached in that one.(started coaching at Cloudland,you know) :roflol: All kidding aside,looking forward to tomorrow night. Should be some great games. Hope the dogs and Landers bring their "A" games. Be great to see both in the Boro, but got to worry about the step in front of you, cause you start lookin ahead and that step will trip you up every time. Good luck to both teams. See you guys at Ch.Doak.

:roflolk::roflolk:

It may be a great game tomorrow....I hope to see the DOGS bring their A game of the past (with a few twists) and put it away early :thumb: (though we are prepared for a 4-qtr battle)

Then we can talk a lil trash about Saturday!

I wouldn't be jumping to quick to count the DOGS out. I haven't seen Cosby play but their record speaks for itself. I expect a good game from both teams on Tuesday night.

All teams have their crazy fans, even Cosby, but most of us just pull hard for and have faith in our teams. That is how most of us are on here.

You want to talk about tradition??? How bout answering this question, HAVE YOU EVER WON A STATE TITLE IN ANY SPORT? NOOOOO!!!

GO DOGS!!! Tear them Eagles Up!!! GO DOGS!!!

Fixing to get a lesson in sex tomorrow night, fully expect the Bulldogs to be focused and ready for the task at hand. Carter Co should prevail by double figures in both games.

Edited by pujo

A lesson in sex? lol i dont even know what that is suposed to mean? Im not a kid, im 22. And ive seen every Cosby Game the past 15 years. I dont need a gps to get to the 'boro ill put it to you like that. We had 2 state runner up's in a row, thats more than Hampton can say since ward and hughs have been alive. We have had 5 all state basketball players The last 10 years. Make that 6 if conard doesnt get snubbed. Hughs and Ward and 2 really good players and i respect the job they have done. Its just awful arrogant to get on here and guarantee a district 1 championship rematch. 9 times out of 10 we have the bullseye on our back. I kind of like how you all are the favorites. Id rather be the hunter than the prey...

A lesson in sex? lol i dont even know what that is suposed to mean? Im not a kid, im 22. And ive seen every Cosby Game the past 15 years. I dont need a gps to get to the 'boro ill put it to you like that. We had 2 state runner up's in a row, thats more than Hampton can say since ward and hughs have been alive. We have had 5 all state basketball players The last 10 years. Make that 6 if conard doesnt get snubbed. Hughs and Ward and 2 really good players and i respect the job they have done. Its just awful arrogant to get on here and guarantee a district 1 championship rematch. 9 times out of 10 we have the bullseye on our back. I kind of like how you all are the favorites. Id rather be the hunter than the prey...

Unlike alot of 1A schools, we have more than just a couple of players....Hughes and Ward havent accomplished anything by themselves...there are another 3 talented starters and two great subs that have to be accounted for and make the style game they play possible.

Dont know about any other, but I havent guaranteed a thing and we LOVE being hunted :thumb:

Hampton won the state championship in 1960 (when there wasn't any classifications). We also were state runner-up in 1981, and 1983. Granted, Hughes and Ward were not alive then. We did make the state semi-finals in AA in 1992 plus several state quarter final appearances. Coach White has over 725 wins in his career, so I believe Hampton does have tradition in basketball. Anyway, did you play for the Cosby team that defeated Hampton in the sub-state four years ago? You guys could really shoot the rock! I was impressed with that team.