McMinn Central vs Livingston Academy

jwcardin

Does a local bank or any place sell tickets in advance? We may just drive down after breakfast and spend the day.

You should be able to get them at the school. I think the TSSAA dictates how many tickets the visiting school is allocated. You may want to call them early tomorrow.

By the way, you do know you'll still have to stand in line until the doors open? For whatever reason, the TSSAA is anal about that and in my opinion the doors aren't opened early enough.....especially when people are lined up outside in the elements.

Edited by blitzinbuc

I am going to have to go with LA by 11 points in this one...would not be completely surprised if it ends up being 11 the other way but due to the fact that the best district in the state in Single A and Double A is Livingston's (8AA) and 7A which is also in Livingston's area and fields teams like Jackson County which will probably end up winning the SIngle A State Tournament. This experience at home and more importantly on the ROAD will prove to be the difference maker in this one. LA is a powerhouse team that finally slipped up (on the 4th time they played Cannon County) and it is unlikely that they lose 2 games in a row to end this great season. I take LA by 11 and then its on to the BORO and I would be shocked if LA is not the ones holding up the GOLD BALL one week from Saturday. Also would not shock me to see LA-Cannon County for the 5th time around in the State Championship Game...

Does a local bank or any place sell tickets in advance? We may just drive down after breakfast and spend the day.

I wish a person could buy tickets in advance, but that isn't going to eliminate the lines. Some will go to Central and see one big long line, not realizing that there is a ticket line and a line to get in the door at game time. I have been there as early as 3:pm EST (You hogeyes better not forget the time!) I am going out and spend the day too. Its always a nice trip as I used to live in Athens a short distance from there but long time ago!

Wildcat70

I'm thinking it was '08 when Central beat LA in the Round House. Central has been so close many times - losing two state championship games - and has made it to the boro about 5 straight years now......only losing the first round once, to LA in 2009. I dare say that playing LA (as well as Upperman and York) in substate so many times made Coach Morgan and the Chargerette players realize years ago what it took to elevate their programs to play at that level. I wish McMinn Central played a home and away with LA, or one of the stronger programs from your district every year. I guess since the coaches on both sides figure they'll eventually be playing one another in substate, as well as the distance, it won't happen.

That statement got my attention because I remember playing Central in the 1st round on Thursday, March 7, 2002, at 10:00 am. Central was AP # 1 with a record of 33-1 and Jackson County was 33-4, these were the 2 best teams in tournament and met in the first AA game. Jackson Co won 44-40 and went on to win the gold.

Wish I could make it to this game but will have to settle for the radio. Good Luck to both teams.

That statement got my attention because I remember playing Central in the 1st round on Thursday, March 7, 2002, at 10:00 am. Central was AP # 1 with a record of 33-1 and Jackson County was 33-4, these were the 2 best teams in tournament and met in the first AA game. Jackson Co won 44-40 and went on to win the gold.

Wish I could make it to this game but will have to settle for the radio. Good Luck to both teams.

I vaguely remember that game, though I wasn't there. The reference I made about Central only losing in the first round once was Central's last run of them going to the 'boro 5 consecutive years.

I agree, it would be nice to have a team like Livingston on our schedule.

After playing Livingson 4 times (so far) this year I can say with some authority that it's not that nice. No doubt playing in a district with 2 other teams ranked in the top 10 has helped Cannon improve but it does start to wear on you at times.

It was easier for Cannon to beat McMinn Central this year than it was for us to beat LA but it was early in the year and McMinn may have had an off night. I just don't have a decent feel for how good McMinn really is so it's hard to make a prediction but I'll be surprised if McMinn dominates. Sometimes winning margins are grossly inflated because the losing team cannot handle the press so a lot of blow-out wins may not mean that much when it comes time to play a team that has no problem with full court pressure. I suspect you may have to take the press out of the equation for this game and whoever has the better half court game may win.