Class A Girls favorites for next season?

maddiemay

I never said anything bad.There are a lot of big girls acroos the stste.Would say the same thing if it were my daughter.She's talented but cant run the floor like the other girls.Nothing wrong with that.she has her strengths and will be a handful on the offensive end and Lake Co having to guard her.I just think it was wrong for the coach to have her out at the end of the game last year at the half court trying to chase the ball against a much quicker player.That would be like her trying to guard TT on a press and keep T.T. from bringing the ball up the court.Not going to happen.But she was giving an all out effort.Just that the coach left her out to dry.The game was over and should have held her back.The whole gym saw that.I had several around me that commented on it,people that I didnt know.She is awesome.Just that she has her strengths which looks to be very strong and will be a hand full once she sets up on offense or defense.But when it comes to a fast team,if Jackson Co doesnt get back to a half court set,will hurt them on fast breaks .Wasnt talking about her in a bad way.There are a lot of girls smaller that are not fast as well.I'd say the same thing.Union City has a couple girls that are bigger girls.They're not going to run with Lake Co.But they are very good players just like the big girl from Jackson Co.I'd love to her on on Lake Co's team.That way we would still have the speed and a big girl down low.I'd love to have her.That's what Lake Co has been lacking.Again.Wasnt down playing the girl.She is awesome.Just that I think Lake Co's strength will be her weakness running the floor.But at the same time,her size will give Lake Co a lot of trouble down low once she sets up and has her space.

My point was you bringing up the losing weight issue, just saying girls tend to be sensitive on that subject, and even though she is a very big girl, she is that just a teenage girl. She had been through the passing of our father like a month before state, and I'm sure if she read that it would have hurt her feelings. So yes, she is my baby sister.

My point was you bringing up the losing weight issue, just saying girls tend to be sensitive on that subject, and even though she is a very big girl, she is that just a teenage girl. She had been through the passing of our father like a month before state, and I'm sure if she read that it would have hurt her feelings. So yes, she is my baby sister.

I understand Wasnt meaning it that way.I would never intentionally try to hurt a player's self esteem.She is an awesome player.I see a lot of big girls that can really play.Humboldt had a player a couple years ago that was really big,looked to be out of shape so to say but that girl could really play.But like I said,I have got to see her play and I'd say the same thing if I saw a player that weiged 95 lbs and was slow footed or didnt move her feet very well.Lake Co has a couple players in that same mold that starts.Shasta Bolden and Brooke Horton can both shoot the 3 ball really well but compared to the other Lake Co playersare holding the press of Lake Co back somehwat.I think if they were in better shape,again a different term, could make Lake Co a lot better team.They are fine as they are.But could do a lot better.Do a lot of things well but their size and feetwork hold them back.I think hold Lake Co back somewhat in a press but they can light it up.But at the same time,Lake Co has a very good 9th grader that was a very good player as has started since the 6th grade that is a T.T. clone as far as speed.She very well may work her way into the starting lineup because of her speed. I know what you are saying but at the same time,some of these girls are 17 and 18 and have the ability to go to college.Their coaches will let them know pretty quick.But again.She is awesome and will give us a lot of trouble under the basket.Wasnt meant to be negative or about her.I've seen slower players a lot smaller and would say the same thing if they were lacking on defense or something LC could explore.Wish we had her or a girl that size down low.That way we could run with T.T. and maybe score baskets on layups when we can and with her ,play a half court game also.She's an awesome player .

Edited by mrbigster

Well I hope Makenzie can reach her potential, she has already improved so much from when she was younger. Now that she is getting looks from some "Mid-Major" colleges, she has to prove she is worth a look.

She will.Sorry if I offeneded you or her in any way.I do like to stir the pot at times but would never intentionally try to hurt a kid .Or at least about personal matters or appearance.May get on to our girls like T.T. is she misses free throws or some of them not hustling.

Edited by mrbigster

• 4 weeks later...

Silverdale coach expects to win the state

http://www.nooga.com/23187_girls-high-school-basketball-overview/

This year’s team returns three starters, including Mariah Massengill and classmates Haley Redmond and Abbey Alosi. All three are quick, athletic guards, which Massengill hopes can counteract the interior size of last year’s other co-champion in the district, Chattanooga Arts & Sciences.

“CSAS has a bigger team,†David Massengil said. “We will have to beat them with speed. They can’t touch us with a 40-foot pole. We’ve got speed like I’ve never seen before … but if they get an inside game against us, it will be hard for us to match up with them.â€

Rebekah Walliser, a 5-foot-10 forward, is Silverdale’s only senior. She will be relied on to provide a physical presence in the paint. If she can support the talented juniors, Silverdale has a chance to build on its burgeoning success.

“We’re going to be right there battling for the district championship again,†coach Massengill said. “And I hate to jump to next season, but next year I’m expecting to win state.â€

Nothing wrong with confidence but getting there with the likes of Jackson, Clarkrange, Clay County etc in the way, should be the primary goal first.

Edited by Indian

Jackson County,Lake County or Cloudland will be your state champions this year. If I had to go with a sleeper it would be Clay County though.

Hope its Cloudland, I think all the ingrediants are there,players and coaches. They just need to stay healthy and have a little luck along the way.Bring ur on home girls.

This year’s team returns three starters, including Mariah Massengill and classmates Haley Redmond and Abbey Alosi. All three are quick, athletic guards, which Massengill hopes can counteract the interior size of last year’s other co-champion in the district, Chattanooga Arts & Sciences.

“CSAS has a bigger team,†David Massengil said. “We will have to beat them with speed. They can’t touch us with a 40-foot pole. We’ve got speed like I’ve never seen before … but if they get an inside game against us, it will be hard for us to match up with them.â€

Rebekah Walliser, a 5-foot-10 forward, is Silverdale’s only senior. She will be relied on to provide a physical presence in the paint. If she can support the talented juniors, Silverdale has a chance to build on its burgeoning success.

“We’re going to be right there battling for the district championship again,†coach Massengill said. “And I hate to jump to next season, but next year I’m expecting to win state.â€

Nothing wrong with confidence but getting there with the likes of Jackson, Clarkrange, Clay County etc in the way, should be the primary goal first.

He needs to worry about getting past the opponents from Region 4 other than once in a blue moon before he expects to win state.

• Upvote 1

The Chattanooga area teams are usually pretty weak. CSAS gets the dog beat out of them when they play Clarkrange or JC so this guy's very optimistic. Sounds like Rex Ryan talking.