Class AA Favorites for next season?

Yall would be lucky to make it out of the region and sub-state if that were to happen.Much less worry about Jackson Co.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!?! We made it to the region semi's this year in AA with a bunch of Sophomores and Juniors(only 2 that played serious minutes the year before). We drilled Bradford this past year in the Christmas tournament. We drilled Greenfield in a preseason game at Gibson Co. If we were to drop to Single A, we'd be in Murfreesboro more years than not. Our middle schools are stacked with talent right now. For your sake (and Lake Co.'s), you better hope you don't see Gibson Co. drop to Single A basketball. Once TT is gone, Lake Co. will not be heard of again.

Arer you really serious.The middle school has 2 players now that will be 9th graders just waiting in the wings to take over for T.T. and Carnation.The Yancey girl reminds me of T.T.Just my opinion.The othe rgirl is a girl named Ruby,don't know her last name but if I'm correct,the middle school lost the middle school state this year by 1 point.Plus those two girls will just play beside T.T.'s sister who is a fresman this year and played a lot and Tiana Gray,another freshman that started last year.And then Simone has two more years.Lake Co girls will be very good for at least for about 5 more years.Plus the middle school plays Dyersburg,Three Oaks,Northview,Humboldt,Union City.Not Frog Jump,Spring Hill,Yorkville.A big difference ,believe me.

Arer you really serious.The middle school has 2 players now that will be 9th graders just waiting in the wings to take over for T.T. and Carnation.The Yancey girl reminds me of T.T.Just my opinion.The othe rgirl is a girl named Ruby,don't know her last name but if I'm correct,the middle school lost the middle school state this year by 1 point.Plus those two girls will just play beside T.T.'s sister who is a fresman this year and played a lot and Tiana Gray,another freshman that started last year.And then Simone has two more years.Lake Co girls will be very good for at least for about 5 more years.Plus the middle school plays Dyersburg,Three Oaks,Northview,Humboldt,Union City.Not Frog Jump,Spring Hill,Yorkville.A big difference ,believe me.

Our middle schools play Trenton, Milan, Three Oaks, Hillcrest along with the teams in our area. Our schools are not consolidated like Dyersburg is with Three Oaks or Dyer Co. is with Northview or Lake Co. HS is with Lake Co. MS or Milan HS is with Milan MS. If you combine Yorkville, Dyer, Rutherford and Spring Hill middle schools and make Gibson Co. Middle School, you'd be EXTREMELY surprised at the talent that all 4 of those schools would put together in girls basketball. That has been in the talks a little, but I doubt it happens with South Gibson HS being built. Some parents are wanting to combine all of the middle school athletics together as well making them the Jr. Pioneers. Spring Hill and Yorkville have already combined in basketball because of lack of numbers. The Jr. Pioneers football team has already combined all the middle schools together to hopefully improve the football team at the HS. It'd be nice if they did that in basketball, but I'm not sure if it'd happen. And oh yea, you don't want to see Gibson Co. in Single A basketball, lol.

May want to add Grundy Co. Lady Jackets to the list, all 5 starters return from a 21-8 record, and they are deep on the bench. big girls 6'2" Coffelt, has added about 15 lb of muscle so far this year, 6' Wiseman is as strong as they come. Meeks 6' point guard and a bulldog on the defensive side from Stiefel will turn many heads this fall. This could be the year of the Jacket District better batten down the hatches this year could be a major STORM BRUING FROM THE MOUNTAIN.

For sure Coffelt is the dominent player. :flower:

• 3 months later...

Macon County is not losing anyone.

The problem with macon is they play no one during the regular season to get ready for tournement play. They border Jackson Co and Livingston acd. and refuse to play either. They never won a district title back when they were in the district with Upperman, LA, Cannon and Jackson county.

Edited by lookinggood

The problem with macon is they play no one during the regular season to get ready for tournement play. They border Jackson Co and Livingston acd. and refuse to play either. They never won a district title back when they were in the district with Upperman, LA, Cannon and Jackson county.

Rumor is Macon had 2 to quit last week. 1 was a starter and the other a furture starting post.

• 1 month later...

They did pretty well to be so "weakened by lack of competition."

I see they are playing LA friday night and should be very strong this year, but I also heard Coley and another girl has left the team,I know the parents were very upset last year when a player was hurt and the coach wouldn't let her play in the christmas tourney even tho her dad said she was fine and he attempted to approach her coach and others talked him out of it.

I see they are playing LA friday night and should be very strong this year, but I also heard Coley and another girl has left the team,I know the parents were very upset last year when a player was hurt and the coach wouldn't let her play in the christmas tourney even tho her dad said she was fine and he attempted to approach her coach and others talked him out of it.

Seems like an odd reason to quit the team. Must be more to it. Saw where the Tennessean (Maurice Patton) had Macon County and Lipscomb in the Midstate top ten preseason.

Whoever you are "hearing" this from is lying to you. Calamity nor anyone else on the team has quit

Saw Macon co. play two years ago when these girl was in grade school they are big and hard to match up with.Jackson co. got a big girl and the Cole girl has size and can play guard or forward word in Jackson co. Cole might be the best that every play for Jackson co. before she leave. Saw her play jr pro in Cookeville when she was in grade school nobody in sight of her it was just something for her to do.She a team player and just like a coach on the floor