Rhea County Eagles

kampkiffen

I will say I'm fine with Fitzgerald leaving in general. However, I'm not exactly okay with the timing of the decision. These players are 8 weeks from pads and roughly eleven weeks from game week. Having to put in a whole new system that quick and adjust to a new staff will be very hard to do.

I understand your post but like it has been said there is never a good time. I have alot of respect for Coach Fitz and his desision. I wish him and his family the very best and hope to see him on the sidelines next season somewhere. EVEN if it is somewhere like Cleveland! He has done alot for so many of our kids through the years. I hope our admin has learned something today. I do understand there was more than admin to reach that decision though. Him and his family have been through more than any parent should EVER have to face this past year. This is a huge loss to our program. Coach, you are a great man and coach and will be missed by many!!!

Walt Cameron is not a quitter.. His legacy shall continue through his prodigy, Coach Josh Owensby. Coach O's high powered offense has torn opposing defenses a new rectum the past 2 years, much like Walt Cameron's. Owensby's high school athletic reign rivals that of Walt's, both shining bright on the football field as well as the basketball court. Coach Owensby borrowed what I like to call Cameronian offensive concepts and perfected them. He played a vital role in the immediate turn around of Bledsoe Co. football. Owensby, much like Cameron is loved by many and hated by few and was voted Mr. RCHS in the early 2000's. At the least he should be named OC if he chooses to apply. Coach Cooks departure leaves a void at SCMS for a P.E position.. COME HOME O!

Walt Cameron is not a quitter.. His legacy shall continue through his prodigy, Coach Josh Owensby...

Lordy, I guess my mind is slipping in my old age. I didn't realized Coach O was that young Owensby boy. I do remember seeing him on the basketball court and ball field when he was in high school.

Maybe you need a new name. Or maybe you can follow your glorious OC to his next dynasty. :thumb:

Lordy, I guess my mind is slipping in my old age. I didn't realized Coach O was that young Owensby boy. I do remember seeing him on the basketball court and ball field when he was in high school.

Maybe you need a new name. Or maybe you can follow your glorious OC to his next dynasty. :thumb:

Good Idea!

Well I just got word the softball coach just resigned too. So that means we need football coaches softball coaches and soccer coaches now.

Let me repeat an earlier post - why would any sane person want to coach at Rhea County with the current administration? They ran off a good softball coach last year and word has it she was not rehired cause she did not play the principal's neices. Her replacement just quit, which shows she is smart enough to get out. They ran off a baseball coach that built a program out of nothing, and they refused to help him with anything but turned around and gave his replacement everything he asked for. They made life miserable for the football staff, which is why they quit. Replacing these coaches is not a problem. Tell Levengood and Messemer to coach the teams. This is their problem. They caused it.

coaching kill count....6 football coaches

Fitz, Cameron, Hampton, Cook, Smith, Smith

soccer coach

softball coach

rumor is basketball coach tried to leave to go to bryan college...

really hope you guys in evensville can get the ship turned around! As far as who to hire...hire someone who wants to be there and someone who will give everything to restablish Golden Eagle Football!

coaching kill count....6 football coaches

Fitz, Cameron, Hampton, Cook, Smith, Smith

soccer coach

softball coach

rumor is basketball coach tried to leave to go to bryan college...

really hope you guys in evensville can get the ship turned around! As far as who to hire...hire someone who wants to be there and someone who will give everything to restablish Golden Eagle Football!

And that's just the count from this year.

There is no accountability in the AD's office. We get no explanations, followed by non-answers in the Free Press. Why was the softball coach canned last year? It certainly wasn't wins and losses. A "change in direction" is what we're told. Please.

Maybe Rhea Co. can chime in and tell us how much cash the football team is being forced to drop on these new uniforms so we can comply with the new "kelly green" mandate being forced down everyone's throats. Meanwhile the football stadium is a wreck. We STILL have no track, despite competing on the state level for years now. We've got 4-tone green and Easter pastel yellow literally splattered all over the school. Its an embarassment. It makes it look like we have no pride (or at minimum, colorblind). Its like a 4-year old drew a picture of the school with the leftover crayons nobody ever uses. I could go on, but the point is that this county really does have pride in the school but are being forced to live with the decisions made from on high.

I would compare this coaching mis-management to Mike Hamilton, but at least Hammy can keep his facilities in order.

Nothing will change until people demand it. The problem, ladies and gentlemen, is at the TOP.

It seems to me that you have to offer the position to Coach Cook if he will take it. You could do a whole lot worse than calling the defensive signals at Central. Nobody wants success for the Eagles more than he does and the guy knows football. Supereagle can run his mouth all he wants but Ive not seem him post his coaching credentials. Im really concerned that the coaching staff resigned but is staying as teachers. This is handcuffing the coaching search because no established coach is going to want to step in to a situation where there are no jobs that you can fill with coaches. Lets be honest, these guys were not hired for their teaching ability, they were hired to coach. Like it or not, that is how things work. I can not believe the administration would allow them to stay and not coach. Lets put the ego's and all this garbage aside and give the kids the support they need to compete and be successful. After all, isn't that the goal of school sports?