Oak Ridge Football

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a dang good one

oh, have you seen him play littledawg? i honestly havent, just heard of him last year listening to the campbell co game on the radio and they gave him a few carries in that game.. david clary was saying what a good prospect he is... hey nole, who do we have scheduled to play in the spring? what team are we playing i should say?

• 2 weeks later...

Steen is a talented back, he was a latecomer last season. He needs to add some size and strength, but a whole year with the team starting in July will help get him ready. Matt Moore will carry the bulk of the load at running back. I know he hasn't done much to this point, but just wait and see. Matt is strong, fast and tough. He's going to surprise alot of people this year, just wait and see. Rian is the slot back. It's a hybrid position, running back/receiver. This year will be his and Zulliger's third year together in this system. If Moore and Steen can come through as legitament threats out of the backfield it will really open things up for Rian and we will see this offense work like it is supposed to.

The kids have had a great offseason, they started lifting in November with about 65 coming on a daily basis. Most teams start lifting in Jan. after Christmas break. They are in great shape and much stronger. This team will be solid.

Steen is a talented back, he was a latecomer last season. He needs to add some size and strength, but a whole year with the team starting in July will help get him ready. Matt Moore will carry the bulk of the load at running back. I know he hasn't done much to this point, but just wait and see. Matt is strong, fast and tough. He's going to surprise alot of people this year, just wait and see. Rian is the slot back. It's a hybrid position, running back/receiver. This year will be his and Zulliger's third year together in this system. If Moore and Steen can come through as legitament threats out of the backfield it will really open things up for Rian and we will see this offense work like it is supposed to.

The kids have had a great offseason, they started lifting in November with about 65 coming on a daily basis. Most teams start lifting in Jan. after Christmas break. They are in great shape and much stronger. This team will be solid.

Great update ORidgeKat...i am really excited to see what more brings to the table...he runs about a 11 flat in the 100 meters, which isnt blazing fast, but that is fast enough to outrun most guys on most teams...If it translates over to "football" speep, watchout..We all know track speed and football speed are 2 different sotries. I am excited about this year and the coming years. I believe OR is back on track to get where we are used to being, which is a legitimate top 5 team in the state. Thanks and keep the updates coming, seems you know a lot.

I was thrilled with the way the season turned out last year. It is exciting to see things moving back to the way they should be. I'm counting on OR getting back to the level that they can get past Maryville.

I sure hope we see the offense take a big step this year. If we are going to line up in a spread, there has to be a legitimate threat to pass the ball, which for the most part was sorely missing last year. Maybe this year will be different.

I appreciate the updates from you guys. Living out of the Ridge makes it hard to get information, except on the T.

Edited by Govolsknox

I was thrilled with the way the season turned out last year. It is exciting to see things moving back to the way they should be. I'm counting on OR getting back to the level that they can get past Maryville.

I sure hope we see the offense take a big step this year. If we are going to line up in a spread, there has to be a legitimate threat to pass the ball, which for the most part was sorely missing last year. Maybe this year will be different.

I appreciate the updates from you guys. Living out of the Ridge makes it hard to get information, except on the T.

same here govols, i live in maryville, so it is nice to get the updates from guys like ORkat, he seems to know a lot about the program... i am guessing one of his boys is on the team? either that, or he is just a die hard fan like i am hahah...or he is nat shipley, we all know who nat is if your from the ridge...guy has been a staunch supporter of OR football for years.. He is dedicated..I am hoping that Rashard Gray can turn into a threat as a wideout.. He definitely has the tools...goes about 6'2-6'3 and is pretty fast.. I wonder if we may turn Chris Gholston into a wideout? i think he could be good at that position..Tall and lanky and very fast...Is on the 4x100 relay team from OR that won @ the volunteer track classic against teams from all over the state...He was on the final leg of that team...they are tough to beat

SweetScience,

I don't have a boy on the team, but I've got one on the way. I'm just a 4th generation Wildcat. I'm friends with a few coaches and know some of the boys. I like to go watch practice and NEVER miss a game. I just love my Cats and support them however I can. It's in my blood. Go Big Red!

SweetScience,

I don't have a boy on the team, but I've got one on the way. I'm just a 4th generation Wildcat. I'm friends with a few coaches and know some of the boys. I like to go watch practice and NEVER miss a game. I just love my Cats and support them however I can. It's in my blood. Go Big Red!

i heard that! same here...Who will be stepping into Geoff Cards spot at MLB? Do you know? How good do you think Flowers will be this year? Thanks!

Oak Ridge does have a ton of tradition and I do respect them they are what we all compare to from little league up to high school. I dug some information to start some new tradition. Oak Ridge is still the TOP DOG in Anderson County... from 2000 to 2010 Oak Ridge is 96W-38L Mavericks are 85W-43L Clinton 35W-76L... But like I say I hope you all win the state every year in 6A I was rooting for you all last season. Same for Clinton and Anderson County I hope one of us would win it every year I pull more for AC but if we lose I will be rooting for the other County teams... Its just good football throughout the season cant wait CATS will be tough... :popcorneater:

Sweet, that's a good question. They might have to move Elliot Normand into the middle, Alex Ingham is a quaility experienced linebacker too. They will be two of the three. We'll have to see what comes out of spring practice which starts on the ninth. That's an area where we have two proven guys but need someone to step up and we need to build some depth there. That's what spring is all about, finding out who can help and where to play them.

Sweet, that's a good question. They might have to move Elliot Normand into the middle, Alex Ingham is a quaility experienced linebacker too. They will be two of the three. We'll have to see what comes out of spring practice which starts on the ninth. That's an area where we have two proven guys but need someone to step up and we need to build some depth there. That's what spring is all about, finding out who can help and where to play them.

Ingham is awfully small for a LB it seems...Normand i think has the potential to be All State starting this ytear and his senior year, he is awesome, and brings the wood every time he hits somebody. He is a tough son of a gun.