Oak Ridge Football

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new sports editor appears to be all about the Cats. I have read stories recently about the baseball team's district and region playoff run, about the soccer team's difficulities, and about the track team's win at their sectional. He seems to be doing a great job of covering in-season sports in person.

Why would you want a story about spring football? Why wouldn't you want to stay under the radar at this time of year?

The new sports editor appears to be all about the Cats. I have read stories recently about the baseball team's district and region playoff run, about the soccer team's difficulities, and about the track team's win at their sectional. He seems to be doing a great job of covering in-season sports in person.

Why would you want a story about spring football? Why wouldn't you want to stay under the radar at this time of year?

Agreed, he has done a great job covering OR sports in general. But not ONE paragraph or photo regarding spring practice. There just doesn't seem to be any excitement in the air. Very few posts and no media coverage. Not what I expected coming off of a state semi-final season. Maybe its just me, but I expected more excitement.

I have heard Ryan Hall looks good running the ball. Jaylin Henderson and Kevin Steen not playing football.

Hey Boobie, I've been to some practices. The kids are very excited. The numbers are up, they are much stronger and in great condition. They're working really hard. There are some holes to fill where we lost some good players. But it's all good. It's gonna be a great year. We have to beat Farragut, Powell and AC to win the region, which is team goal number 1.

Another side note, Bradley Zulliger has grown, he's bigger and stronger and has worked really hard on the passing game. Look for him to have an outstanding year. If he stays healthy, he will rewrite the Oak Ridge record books for a qb in all categories.

Agreed, he has done a great job covering OR sports in general. But not ONE paragraph or photo regarding spring practice. There just doesn't seem to be any excitement in the air. Very few posts and no media coverage. Not what I expected coming off of a state semi-final season. Maybe its just me, but I expected more excitement.

I have heard Ryan Hall looks good running the ball. Jaylin Henderson and Kevin Steen not playing football.

There not playing? yikes, Jaylin was supposed to be something special, that sucks..That article sounds pretty encouraging, nice.

I didn't get to see any days of spring practice. Here are the positives I've heard. I won't print "this guy can't catch" or "he's really slow". I've not heard much negative about the team.

There has been a good turnout (numbers are up).

The kids are disciplined.

The team is much stronger. The weight room program is paying off.

Rian Hall has had a very good spring and appears to be THE MAN running the ball.

I am assuming Matt Moore was running track, but he will be a solid back as well.

Zulliger is bigger, stronger, better.

Upcoming JR lineman/linebacker Zak Clark is playing on par with last years starters. Physically handling most of them.

Jaylin Henderson (basketball), Kevin Steen (GREAT baseball player), and several other sophs have chosen not to play. Very bad mistake in my opinion.

Deron Williams has played like a beast at defensive end.

And, rumor has it, Coach James Mitchell is now at Farraagut.