Maryville @ Farragut

tnfutbolfan

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not see the game, but I heard Maryville showed that they don't know how to act now that they are one of the teams to beat. Anyone who pays attention to East TN soccer knew this would be "the year" for Maryville. They are very talented and evidently this was put on display last night. It's unfortunate that they don't know how to "act like you've been there".

Something about a post-game ceremony of sorts in the middle of Farragut's field? Don't know the exact details. Perhaps Nednatterjack can fill us in?

I am curious to see how Maryville doesn't know how to act. I figure an excited group of boys took down Farragut for the first time in a long time. Maybe Farragut fans are upset because they celebrated to much after the game or after goals...I would bet Coach Feather has his boys disciplined on the field, playing as a team, and with passion. Passion is something alot of Farragut teams are missing if you ask me, but talent of course is never a problem. Now Farragut knows what it feels like to be on the other side. To those who say act like you been there before...this Maryville team has not been there before, but they are going to get there!!!

Maryville 6-0

Boards seem quiet, no comments on game? I missed the showdown but heard it was an ugly Farragut showing and nasty Maryville fans, but team looked impressive.

Actually it was sad! For me it was the end of an era for a dominate soccer program that has finaly hit the skids. Maryville was very talented and came out aggressive. There was no problem with the students section of Maryville as kids will be kids. The adults might need to learn how to win with dignity. I do fear though that the rezoning has stripped too much talent away from Farragut that is now going to Bearden and Hardin Valley. Hats off to Maryville as there program has finally overcome their greatest obstacle.

I am curious to see how Maryville doesn't know how to act. I figure an excited group of boys took down Farragut for the first time in a long time. Maybe Farragut fans are upset because they celebrated to much after the game or after goals...I would bet Coach Feather has his boys disciplined on the field, playing as a team, and with passion. Passion is something alot of Farragut teams are missing if you ask me, but talent of course is never a problem. Now Farragut knows what it feels like to be on the other side. To those who say act like you been there before...this Maryville team has not been there before, but they are going to get there!!!

I'm also anxious to hear what exactly was done that was so offensive. I do the PA for Maryville, so I've only seen them play twice this year, but I'm betting it was their students that may have crossed the line. Quite a few of them were present for the WB game last week, and they sure got rowdy. I didn't notice any shortage of class from the adults, even when TN High beat them on Saturday at MHS.

I'm glad to see Maryville perform well this year. I think they are very good...not great. Still, I'm anxious to see what their talented coaching staff will be able to do with this bunch.

If the fans got out of control, I just ask that you give them a pass this once. Beating Farragut is a big deal. Blowing them out on the road was probably too much for immature 17-year-olds to handle.

I mean, this is probably the worst Farragut team in over a decade no? I'm sure it's a conspiracy with knox county. They didn't like Farragut winning at stuff so they took kids away. I mean, they took some of the classes away from Farragut that they didn't have at other schools didn't they? Farragut had them because of the amount and type of kids that go there. Taking them away meant there was no need for the classes anymore. They had to even out the schools in the county. They can't be raising all the schools to Farragut's level, because that would never happen. Their only option was to bring the top down. Just sayin...

Anyways. with soccer, I just think it's tough to lose as many people as Farragut did and still be a championship team. You just won't see it happen too often at the high school level. The experience isn't there. I kind of figured Farragut would be getting better as the season goes on, but they are also playing some tougher teams as the season goes, so it's hard to say. If Maryville fans did celebrate too much, I can't say I blame them that much, but at the same time, it'd be like Farragut freaking out and rioting if they beat a Maryville football team that had a losing record and no real shot at competing that year. It's still great that you beat them, but it's not like you beat them when they were good.

I mean, this is probably the worst Farragut team in over a decade no? I'm sure it's a conspiracy with knox county. They didn't like Farragut winning at stuff so they took kids away. I mean, they took some of the classes away from Farragut that they didn't have at other schools didn't they? Farragut had them because of the amount and type of kids that go there. Taking them away meant there was no need for the classes anymore. They had to even out the schools in the county. They can't be raising all the schools to Farragut's level, because that would never happen. Their only option was to bring the top down. Just sayin...

Anyways. with soccer, I just think it's tough to lose as many people as Farragut did and still be a championship team. You just won't see it happen too often at the high school level. The experience isn't there. I kind of figured Farragut would be getting better as the season goes on, but they are also playing some tougher teams as the season goes, so it's hard to say. If Maryville fans did celebrate too much, I can't say I blame them that much, but at the same time, it'd be like Farragut freaking out and rioting if they beat a Maryville football team that had a losing record and no real shot at competing that year. It's still great that you beat them, but it's not like you beat them when they were good.

You sounded like Glenn Beck. Its a conspiracy to bring Farragut down.

How can you believe that Farragut has no shot at competing this season? They can and should always compete! Its Farragut soccer. Loaded with club soccer talent, and and backed by West Knoxville money.

Next week the CAK faithful are going to come out and say that the US fiscal situation has led to their drop off this season. Nope never mind they wont they understand the state of their program and support the kids in it.

I mean come on!!! No excuses its a rebuilding year. No one was complaining the last two years about these same issues.

You sounded like Glenn Beck. Its a conspiracy to bring Farragut down.

How can you believe that Farragut has no shot at competing this season? They can and should always compete! Its Farragut soccer. Loaded with club soccer talent, and and backed by West Knoxville money.

Next week the CAK faithful are going to come out and say that the US fiscal situation has led to their drop off this season. Nope never mind they wont they understand the state of their program and support the kids in it.

I mean come on!!! No excuses its a rebuilding year. No one was complaining the last two years about these same issues.

I was mostly just kidding about the conspiracy part.. at least when it comes to athletics (we all know the KNS has a love obsession with Farragut and only wants to cover them). the academic part I completely believe, because I read something before they built Hardin Valley talking about their budget and how they wanted to even out all of the schools academically. I don't see any of the other schools getting better. All I have seen is Farragut getting worse, by losing classes. How else can you make your schools even when one is generally regarded as being far above most of the others? They can't afford to raise the others up. The only feasible option they had was to lower the bar (Farragut) so the others could catch up. Farragut wasn't that over crowded to begin with. They need to change the zones back to the way they were, because here in about 5 or 6 years, Hardin Valley will have over 2700 students, and they'll be in the exact same situation. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if HVA already has more students than Farragut. I mean, was HVA not built for 1700? They had that when they originally opened the doors. Anyways, back to athletics..

The part about Farragut not competing, most people didn't expect them to win a state championship this year. I personally don't expect them to make it out the district tourney. The fact that Farragut was not a favorite to win a state championship, is what I mean by "not competing".

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

I wish I could have seen this game!! I am happy for Maryville....I had watched them over the years and as a parent for Bearden (and Oak Ridge) players, I always thought that the only problem they had was lack of agression. I am gald to see that they are bringing more intensity to the field. As far as the not knowing how to act.....I would remind everyone that these are still young men and they play with great passion. Let winners have celebration!! How many times have they watched others celebrate when they were beaten! Hey, what goes around comes around! I look forward to watching the Maryville Bearden game. I will be there!! :)

I did not see the game, but I heard Maryville showed that they don't know how to act now that they are one of the teams to beat. Anyone who pays attention to East TN soccer knew this would be "the year" for Maryville. They are very talented and evidently this was put on display last night. It's unfortunate that they don't know how to "act like you've been there".

Something about a post-game ceremony of sorts in the middle of Farragut's field? Don't know the exact details. Perhaps Nednatterjack can fill us in?

As Groucho Marx said in Room Service, " now that I've had my dinner, I look at things a little differently". Congrats to Maryville and it sounds like you walked the walk so talk the talk. A little bit of Passion for all those years is great to let out. Lincoln19, now you know how all the other teams felt year after year. Learn how to win and learn how to lose.

As Groucho Marx said in Room Service, " now that I've had my dinner, I look at things a little differently". Congrats to Maryville and it sounds like you walked the walk so talk the talk. A little bit of Passion for all those years is great to let out. Lincoln19, now you know how all the other teams felt year after year. Learn how to win and learn how to lose.

When Farragut walks the walk and talks the talk, they are bashed for it. They are called arrogant rich snobs that are classless... I love double standards. They are so much fun. Just lets you know that when people only hate when you do it, you've done something right.