John Allen to be named new head coach at Chattanooga Central

T Mac said all that needs to be said about J Allen..........he left LFO for recruiting and was told he will EVER be allowed to coach in N Ga again as long as the current school board is alive!!!! He left Bradley because of the demands he was wanting and SBA was too small of a school for a BIG TIME COACH like Allen (so he says). He will be the better coach @ Central ONLY because he s got better athletes to choose from!!! Let s make sure and see how many Howard/Brainered kids start transferring to Central because there school is failing or what not!!!!! As far as the former coach @ Central.....what a joke. He had enough talent but didnt know what to do with it ( Allen knows how and what to use and read a defense lol)

Every coach in the Chattanooga area is laughing at Chatt Central over this hire. To say he is a used car salesman is an insult to used car salesmen around the country.

For those who don't understand why, I suggest you ask either:

a. Mark Mariakis

b. The players from LFO's 2004 team who committed to Jack St. but had to sit out a year because their transferring from Tyner, Howard, and Brainerd that fall had cost them the necessary classes to be college eligible.

c. Anyone involved with Bradley Central football.

d. The people involved in Murray County(GA)'s recent coaching hire.

e. Silverdale's 2010 team- whom he quit on during the season.

• Upvote 1

Barger built the foundation for that program. He took a Valley mentality where you have to do a lot with a little to just be semi-successful. He worked hard to win the games he could win and won them. If he won one he was not supose to it was pudding, or a program builder. Believe me people leave prgrams for many reasons other than the desire to do so. Family, political environment where you may no longer be certified to teach a certain position. We went 8-4 at Whitwell and won a Region title, after the school had not won but one ballgame in three years. I was let go as teacher and assistant coach because I was only certified in Gov't, and at the time you could teach one class of social studies outside your field. Before polititians stepped in. I was let go needing only two classes that UTC did not offer in the summer. Went to Red Bank and it looked like I used that success to move up. I was taking classes in the fall when Red Bank hired me. I like John Allen, he is a great coach. Does anyone not find it ironic that the new head coach at Silverdale is the president of the school. I like Rogers but can people not read between the lines. In conclusion, I think John Allen was told last summer he needed to change his offense, and he stuck with program for remainder of the year with the understanding that it was his last year. We scrimaged them this fall and it did not take me two seconds to realize there was something wrong there. If Silverdale told him that and that is the direction they needed to go in than so be it, but don't blame Coach Allen if that was not the direction he wanted to go in. Anyway I could be way off base but this is how I see it. By the way all of you guys that don't like his offense. Signal MTN. did a pretty good job of running pretty much close to the same thing. Good luck coach, look forward to seeing you this fall.

Central is not going to play teams half their size.

• 4 weeks later...

Central looked very strong tonight vs. my Eagles. Coach Allen has brought them a long way in just two weeks. Always had lots of talent at Central, but the difference in swagger, discipline, and execution were obvious. With some hard work this summer and a good fall, Central will be a strong team next year. :thumb:

I was totally impressed with the New Central Coach... I noticed him focusing on the right things on the field fundamentals...you can't win with strategy if you can't get in a stance. They were physical... I imagine he will have a 1st class weight program that will take them to the next level. They are going to be a problem for us, but I look forward to the smash mouth competition.....I'm sick of the spread weenies. WE both run the wing t and that's a recipe for some GATA.

looks like central may be on the up swing...Allen has them going in the right direction and with cook as the d cord they will play fundamental football. Someone told me that they left the potential starting QB at home, because he was late! that will get your attention everytime. Good Luck Pounders.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I dont think they will be a doormat. I do not think he will jump ship or if he does it wont be for Ooltewah. I do not think they will be world beaters this year but will be much improved possibly going 6-4 or as good as 7-3. The next couple of years after this could be very good. The tide has changed in that these young kids coming up are very talented. They have won their whole lives from kids through through middle school. Not just in football but in all sports. Central has always had the reputation of having athletes but not winning. The truth of the matter is they didnt have the athletes until recently. Just because you look like an athlete doesnt make you an athlete. I think Brown middle won the conference this year.Ooltewahs feeder programs have dried up and the few athletes that would once go to Ooltewah from Hunter midle chose to go to central this year. With east hamilton now pulling kids from Ooltewah and the athletes going from Hunter to Central instead of Ooltewah its not looking good for Ooltewah in the immediate future. I dont know coach Allen but I can say this. This group of freshmen and sophmores have won everything their whole lives and there is no reason they shouldnt continue to win, doesnt really matter who the coach is as long as he's decent..

How did Central look in their scrimmage last night

They've had athletes for years and years. The school here used to play them fairly regularly and nobody on the schedules except Tyner had better athletes.

Looking at it totally from the outside, I think they'd be better off putting the Chattanooga Central (downtown area) history in the past and renaming the school Harrison High School. That would give the community something to be proud of and not have to look at a closed school not even in their area for their best football memories. This would be like Soddy-Daisy closing their high school, the county opening a brand new school in Collegedale, and calling it Soddy-Daisy.

They've had athletes for years and years. The school here used to play them fairly regularly and nobody on the schedules except Tyner had better athletes.

Looking at it totally from the outside, I think they'd be better off putting the Chattanooga Central (downtown area) history in the past and renaming the school Harrison High School. That would give the community something to be proud of and not have to look at a closed school not even in their area for their best football memories. This would be like Soddy-Daisy closing their high school, the county opening a brand new school in Collegedale, and calling it Soddy-Daisy.

Goes back to just because a kid looks like an athlete it doenst make him an athletes. Dont get me wrong, Central has had a few here and there but not a lot at once. The previous years kids were never that good as youth or in middle school. The ones that were pretty good went to Ooltewah after middle schol or to private schools. This crop of Freshmen and sophmores they have now have grown up winning. I think they won the county league championship every year in football won middle school last year and the state in baseball every single year since they were 5 years old. Most of them decided to stay together and they havent lost the kids to Ooltewah or private schools like they normally do.