MBA Head Coaching Search

howdoitknow

John Tucker will be a 3 year starter at center their aint no potential to it. 5 for 5 at Alcoa, that's far better then he did at Riverdale and he won 4 their and lost 3-4 others. Quarles is very good at Maryville, but one has to admit Rankin is the best in Blount Co, East Tenn, and the whold state of Tennessee. Tell you what let Rankin and Quarles switch jobs and see who wins the last 2 years...the Red Rebels!

At first I didn't believe what I was hearing but now that I have talked to a few buddies that know Rankin fairly well, I do believe he would go back to Middle Tenn and his family would gladly make the move with him.

PLUS, you are talking double dipping from public to private and he prolly not mind giving up that other title, vice principle either...can't imagine how he can do both jobs.

Go ahead and wite it down and post iton your fridgerater door...Rankin takes the MBA job just in time for spring practice....UNLESS MCGUGIN FILES AND WINS HIS LAWSUIT AGAINST THE SCHOOL.

Despite applying every time there is an opening, Rankin will never be the coach at MBA. He brings nothing to the classroom and has been running away from competiton his entire career. If you can't beat em, split em right Gary?

You know what Randall Cobb , Brandon Warren , Ray Sykes , Lankster , and Sommers , among many others had in common ...... They never beat Maryville / Quarles . I give Rankin credit for making Alcoa a much more disciplined , better team , but I have never seen Rankin pull out the Miracles that I've seen Quarles pull out . Alcoa has had some of their most talented teams ever the last few years ... let's see Rankin win this year and then I might put him closer to the same category , but still not better . You may find a few Alcoa fans who might take Quarles over Rankin , but you won't find one Maryville fan who would take Rankin over Quarles .... ZIP , ZERO , NADA .

Maryville was loaded too and beating those Alcoa teams wasn't a "miracle" it was "expected". You have your opinion and I'll have mine. Rankin > Quarles

Maryville 6A v. Alcoa 3A

How many times should Alcoa have to beat a team with 3x the students before they get any credit.

Go back and check to see how many games GQ has lost as a HC and see how many coaches have beaten him more than 1x. I do not know the answer but I'm bettin' Rankin is the only one...Helton might have but I don't know

Off the subject a little, but I saw some detailed info about Alcoa and Maryville mentioned in this thread, which made me think one of you folks would know about the upcoming schedule. I thought I heard that MBA and Ensworth would be playing Alcoa and Maryville in alternating years. I thought it started this year but I don't see it on any schedules. I don't want to start an "afraid of" campaign, as I don't believe any of these schools are afraid to play the other, just looking for information if it is next year or it is not happening.

5 for 5 at Alcoa, that's far better then he did at Riverdale and he won 4 their and lost 3-4 others. Quarles is very good at Maryville, but one has to admit Rankin is the best in Blount Co, East Tenn, and the whold state of Tennessee.

These iz two good coaches and all......Butt eye wood haiv tha Wing Tea goo-roo....Ole Shep frum Hauls and formur South Doil coach Swaffurd..with his classy coachin' shert and tie....raited ahead ov both Quarles and Rankin in tha hold stait ov Tinnersee.... :thumb:

All sights, sounds, & smells seem to indicate that Daniel McGugin has not been terminated as the head football coach at Montgomery Bell Academy. I feel confident that the MBA administration is working on a golden parachute for Coach McGugin. In that package will be a large sum of money/benefits for the next three years, a public apology by MBA, and both sides will agree to keep their pie holes closed forever.

The big question is will Mr. Bradford Gioia survive this latest PR blunder?

While I agree with most of what you say, I doubt there will be any additional comments from MBA or McGugin, other than perhaps a few carefully worded, basically meaningless statements. My guess is everything now is in the hands of lawyers for the two sides and any settlement will certainly include a "gag order."

While I agree with most of what you say, I doubt there will be any additional comments from MBA or McGugin, other than perhaps a few carefully worded, basically meaningless statements. My guess is everything now is in the hands of lawyers for the two sides and any settlement will certainly include a "gag order."

you are right: http://www.tennessean.com/article/20110425/SPORTS07/110425038/McGugin-MBA-agree-part-ways?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports

Nice shout out to the message boards.

I would also like to commend and compliment the adept and quality of spin that has been produced to minimize the damage getting caught cheating can do to a schools reputation.

Apparently money is handed out so often from coaches to players that no one thinks to question it until a digruntled parent speaks up three years later.