Maryville spring practice

• 2 weeks later...

Looking toward to the greeneville maryville scrimmage this summer. It's gonna 2 of the top teams in the state battling it out

LOL,You win 1 gold ball and yall a top team in the state now.LOL,You people over in the NE part of the state have got to be on something.G-Ville ran over a very weak conf. and playoff teams.Youll see like you did a few yrs back in the playoffs your not in our league or on our planet.Ill save u devil fans some time.Rebs by 6 scores on your so called top D.And Alcoa by 28 when they come to your lil teams house and shows you how real ball is played

Got a pretty good shot at getting them this year. ;)

Call it "Bulletin Board Material" if you want but Maryville better be better against the run if they want to snap their two year skid against Alcoa. Two years ago Toney ran wild against the Rebels defense and last year it was more of the same with both Warren and Hambrick (who returns this year).

Call it "Bulletin Board Material" if you want but Maryville better be better against the run if they want to snap their two year skid against Alcoa. Two years ago Toney ran wild against the Rebels defense and last year it was more of the same with both Warren and Hambrick (who returns this year).

Who didn't Alcoa run all over last year? Nothing wrong with maryville's defense, nobody in the state could stop Alcoa's run game last year howdoitknow2...Hope my teams (Oak Ridge) run defense sucks as bad as Maryville's did last year, if so we will win state :)

LOL,You win 1 gold ball and yall a top team in the state now.LOL,You people over in the NE part of the state have got to be on something.G-Ville ran over a very weak conf. and playoff teams.Youll see like you did a few yrs back in the playoffs your not in our league or on our planet.Ill save u devil fans some time.Rebs by 6 scores on your so called top D.And Alcoa by 28 when they come to your lil teams house and shows you how real ball is played

I don’t think anyone is saying that Greeneville will beat Maryville, but you will leave that scrimmage game with more respect of this Greeneville team. I don’t talk trash and never plan to. I have nothing but respect for the Maryville program, because it is first class. However, if you watched Greeneville last season, then there is no way that you wouldn’t consider them one of the top teams in the state. I’m not saying they were a top 3 team overall, but they could compete with anyone. Even other Maryville fans mentioned this. This year’s defense will be very strong regardless of classification and the Devil's offense should be good as well. Why do you think Maryville and Greeneville scheduled this scrimmage? It sure wasn’t because Maryville thought it would be an easy game. They could have gotten an easy game with many other teams.

I understand the Maryville has a dynasty going, and I congratulate them on that. Greeneville doesn’t have a dynasty yet, and may never get that opportunity. But, anyone that has seen the improvement in Greeneville’s program over the past several years has to respect what they are doing. I mean, a championship and a runner up isn’t exactly a horrible performance since they moved Greeneville to the proper classification. The bottom line is, Greeneville doesn’t have the history of Alcoa or Maryville, and we acknowledge that. But, is it such a horrible thing for Greeneville to strive to get to that level?

I don’t think anyone is saying that Greeneville will beat Maryville, but you will leave that scrimmage game with more respect of this Greeneville team. I don’t talk trash and never plan to. I have nothing but respect for the Maryville program, because it is first class. However, if you watched Greeneville last season, then there is no way that you wouldn’t consider them one of the top teams in the state. I’m not saying they were a top 3 team overall, but they could compete with anyone. Even other Maryville fans mentioned this. This year’s defense will be very strong regardless of classification and the Devil's offense should be good as well. Why do you think Maryville and Greeneville scheduled this scrimmage? It sure wasn’t because Maryville thought it would be an easy game. They could have gotten an easy game with many other teams.

I understand the Maryville has a dynasty going, and I congratulate them on that. Greeneville doesn’t have a dynasty yet, and may never get that opportunity. But, anyone that has seen the improvement in Greeneville’s program over the past several years has to respect what they are doing. I mean, a championship and a runner up isn’t exactly a horrible performance since they moved Greeneville to the proper classification. The bottom line is, Greeneville doesn’t have the history of Alcoa or Maryville, and we acknowledge that. But, is it such a horrible thing for Greeneville to strive to get to that level?

Yall are doing a good job up there, don't listen to that guy, most Rebels fans aren't that cocky, and do respect the Greeneville program GvilleDevilsFan

George never goes all out to win a scrimmage guys , he's all about making sure everyone plays and everyone is learning and improving . Maryvilleman70 , welcome aboard , but I see no reason to be posting about "beating someone by 6TD's " in a scrimmage game . Congrats to Greeneville's success , and glad we get to mix it up a little bit , even if it is just a scrimmage .

George never goes all out to win a scrimmage guys , he's all about making sure everyone plays and everyone is learning and improving . Maryvilleman70 , welcome aboard , but I see no reason to be posting about "beating someone by 6TD's " in a scrimmage game . Congrats to Greeneville's success , and glad we get to mix it up a little bit , even if it is just a scrimmage .

You're right.Got a little to pumped up,ready for some football.where is the Gville-Mville scrimmage going to be and when?Much respect for what Gville has done.But thought it was DISRESPECTFUL last yr when there fans wanted to start chatting WE WANT MARYVILLE after they won there title. :angry:

Edited by MaryvilleMan70

Amen howdoitknow2....Alcouh run thru Mairvul like a 30 foot combine thru a wide opun wheet feeled....And playin' at Alcouh.....Eye've enstalled tha Naders az a urly 37 1/2 point favritt....