Carthage Vs. Lafayette Alumni game

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win?

• Lafayette
    • Carthage
    • Everyone in attendance

I'm a shore nuff glad yens think I'm a smart feller. All I did was speak the obvious. If them Macon fellers think Smith County is a cupcake, they must be. Them Macon County fellers have been one long enough to reconize anotheren. From Macon County? Naw. I've been there a time or two. If ever I was in Macon County for any amount of time........I would shore nuff be FROM there. I would move. Yens really ought to thank them Smith County people. If them fellers from Smith County hadn't put a McCalls there, Macon County would be right there with Picket County but without a lake.

:roflolk:

still gonna say it. ANT beat pemberton yet! and played 6 teams with out a winning record actually 7.it's not hard to have a good record at a pace like that.im just worried if pemberton was to luck up and beat'em AGAIN are they gonna drop us like trousdale.bottom line 9 out of 10 the jackets beat the owls.that was a L INSTEAD OF A W on the ole record.and 9 out of 10 the jackets beat the tigers but they still like trying to beat'em. here are some clear water facts moonshinner.

Edited by bigstick12
  • Upvote 1

still gonna say it. ANT beat pemberton yet! and played 6 teams with out a winning record actually 7.it's not hard to have a good record at a pace like that.im just worried if pemberton was to luck up and beat'em AGAIN are they gonna drop us like trousdale.bottom line 9 out of 10 the jackets beat the owls.that was a L INSTEAD OF A W on the ole record.and 9 out of 10 the jackets beat the tigers but they still like trying to beat'em. here are some clear water facts moonshinner.

Macon County does play a brutal schedule: Goodpasture who was the 3a state runner up last season, Jo Byrns who was the 1a state runner up last year, Trousdale County who was the 2nd best team in 2a last year who just got unlucky and met up with the state champs in the 3rd round, White House who returns pretty much everyone from the team they had last year, and Smith County who i'll go out on a limb and say probably is a top 10 team in 3a. Smith County did play a weak schedule last year, but when you play a weak schedule a good team will always dominate and that's what they did. They have a small blimish on the schedule from the game with Macon County last year, but other than that they pretty much dominated everyone else they played in the regular season with the exception of White House who I believe man handled Macon County. Macon County will be a much improved team so the game between Smith and Macon will be a great one to watch...

The Goat sez: Good post! :thumb::roflolk:

here is the best one.out of the 10 games on the owls schedule.only 1 team broke the 500 mark and that was their cross town team gordonsville.nobody they played during the regular season broke 500.now that's a nice schedule.

Iffin Macon Co. would win a few more, maybe SCs schedule wouldn't look so weak, would it ?

I reckon if yens are the whipping boy in your district, yens play a tough schedule. If yens the lead dog in the district, yens play a weak schedule. Don't that seem about right there whipping boy? And yens shore seem to be proud of playing taking the field with TC every year, Ever take a gander at TCs schedule? See, I done told yens yore right up there with Pickett Co.

Can't do nothing bout them teams in a district. Yens need to talk to the TSSAA bout that. Cheatham Co., Gordansville,White House, Macon Co.. Westmoreland and East Lit. and P.C. in the playoffs were outside the district last year. I probably shouldn't oughta speak about the playoffs. Yens don't know anything about that, unless you went to watch TC play in some.

Lil bit of a stretch there ain't it ? Comparing MC to TC. Yens might oughta check them facts . I believe the record between TC and SC are jest bout even. Matter of fact I do believe SC beat TC 2 years in a row (07-08) 35-0.That don't happen too much does it? TC was cut loose (2010) when that Satterfield feller showed his rear. Yens shore do like to hang yore hat on the fact that them TC fellers whip that butt for yens every year. Besides a McCalls, that must be MCs claim to fame. Yens oughta get a sign at the bottom of the hiil..."Welcome to Macon County.......we get whipped by TC every year........we beat SC every 7or 8 years........and we have a McCalls"

Lil bit of a stretch there ain't it ? Comparing MC to TC. Yens might oughta check them facts . I believe the record between TC and SC are jest bout even. Matter of fact I do believe SC beat TC 2 years in a row (07-08) 35-0.That don't happen too much does it? TC was cut loose (2010) when that Satterfield feller showed his rear. Yens shore do like to hang yore hat on the fact that them TC fellers whip that butt for yens every year. Besides a McCalls, that must be MCs claim to fame. Yens oughta get a sign at the bottom of the hiil..."Welcome to Macon County.......we get whipped by TC every year........we beat SC every 7or 8 years........and we have a McCalls"

moonshiner, in all fairness to that overall record between tc and sc being "jest bout even," the times they haven't played consistantly fall on years when tc has had their best teams. now, ask someone from carthage why this is and the answer is, it's because of sc's "superior morals," then ask someone from trousdale why it is and the answer is sc's "inferior testicular fortitude." i'd say that, as with all conflicts of opinion, that the truth resides somewhere amongst the murky middle. if someone were to ask me my opinion, i would say; i played in the late nineties on a team that went 54-4 with 2 state championships. needless to say, i couldn't get family members in carthage to answer my phone calls much less get the owls to play us. :roflolk:

Edited by snoball5278

moonshiner, in all fairness to that overall record between tc and sc being "jest bout even," the times they haven't played consistantly fall on years when tc has had their best teams. now, ask someone from carthage why this is and the answer is, it's because of sc's "superior morals," then ask someone from trousdale why it is and the answer is sc's "inferior testiclur fortitude." i'd say that, as with all conflicts of opinion, that the truth resides somewhere amongst the murky middle. if someone were to ask me my opinion, i would say; i played in the late nineties on a team that went 54-4 with 2 state championships. needless to say, i couldn't get family members in carthage to answer my phone calls much less gets the owls to play us. :roflolk:

Say it ain't so!:shock::roflol:

moonshiner, in all fairness to that overall record between tc and sc being "jest bout even," the times they haven't played consistantly fall on years when tc has had their best teams. now, ask someone from carthage why this is and the answer is, it's because of sc's "superior morals," then ask someone from trousdale why it is and the answer is sc's "inferior testicular fortitude." i'd say that, as with all conflicts of opinion, that the truth resides somewhere amongst the murky middle. if someone were to ask me my opinion, i would say; i played in the late nineties on a team that went 54-4 with 2 state championships. needless to say, i couldn't get family members in carthage to answer my phone calls much less get the owls to play us. :roflolk:

Yens shore like using them fancy words. Yens seem to be a pretty smart feller. Study on this a minute. Does yens reckon them SC fellers knows years in advance when TC wuz to have them best teams so they knows when to play and when not to? I ain't real shore it matters one way or another. Nothing lost or gained either way , playing or not playing. Iffin SC is a cupcake like some say, what does it matter to TC or MC anyway? TC already has enough of them they have to play in their district;. I jest like the way them MC fellers like hanging their hat on how they play take the field with TC every year.

I wuz a thinking yens can't be too bad a feller iffin yens got kin in Smith Co., but iffin they won't answer the phone either they owe you money, or yens are using too many of them fancy words.