Farragut vs Soddy Daisy

FARRAGUTADGRAD

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen the bracket for the tournament. Is Maryville in the same bracket as SD and Farragut? If anyone has the breakdown, could you post it? I think Maryville would have to be the favorite to win state this year.

Not sure about that one Jake. Murvul was lucky to beat Farragut 3 times this year and extremely lucky to get by Norris and Science Hill. I heard their baseball team had to ask the football team for directions to Murfreesboro. They may just be happy to be staying overnight.

I do wonder who the real favorite would be. Is it the young talented Farragut team? Who has the "shutdown" pitcher now that Pfeiffer and Norris are out? Surely the middle TN teams are very good. Who are some studs to watch play?

Not sure about that one Jake. Murvul was lucky to beat Farragut 3 times this year and extremely lucky to get by Norris and Science Hill. I heard their baseball team had to ask the football team for directions to Murfreesboro. They may just be happy to be staying overnight.

I do wonder who the real favorite would be. Is it the young talented Farragut team? Who has the "shutdown" pitcher now that Pfeiffer and Norris are out? Surely the middle TN teams are very good. Who are some studs to watch play?

This tournament is as wide open as I can remember in recent history. Usually there is a team that comes into this tournament as the clear favorite. I honestly believe all 8 teams have a shot. MJ has a very strong pitching staff and great defense. Indy has 2 stud pitchers. Collierville can put up a ton of runs. Obviously SD and Farragut can play with anyone. Arlington is extremely talented. Its gonna come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and the team that gets the best pitching performances. Hold on to your hat, It's gonna be a fun week of baseball!

This tournament is as wide open as I can remember in recent history. Usually there is a team that comes into this tournament as the clear favorite. I honestly believe all 8 teams have a shot. MJ has a very strong pitching staff and great defense. Indy has 2 stud pitchers. Collierville can put up a ton of runs. Obviously SD and Farragut can play with anyone. Arlington is extremely talented. Its gonna come down to who makes the fewest mistakes and the team that gets the best pitching performances. Hold on to your hat, It's gonna be a fun week of baseball!

You can't rule out Columbia. Horne, one of TN's best HS pitchers, will go against Maryville. Good test for them if they can beat 2 of the best pitchers in a row. If they can they will be in the mix. Farragut will have to grind it out without Pfeifer. Taylor is very good, Chandler can be good or not so good, and after that there are many questions.

I can appreciate your zeal for your team, but can you explain further why you think they are the favorite? I think there are seven other teams that would be very interested to hear your case. I have seen all of the other teams first hand, other than Soddy Daisy this year, and I have to say there is really no clear cut favorite. All very good ball teams there this year.

Actually, I am just a Blount County resident, not a Maryville fan. Other than Maryville and Farragut, I have not seen the other teams play. If you have seen the all the others play this year, then your prediction should be far more educated than mine. What is your prediction?

To be honest, my evaluation has a lot to do with seeing Farragut and knowing how successful they have been down there the last few years. Until someone beats them, they would have to be one of the favorites, and Maryville has beaten them three times this year, two of which their ace was pitching, I believe. Maryville has 4 pitchers that they can win with and they have a ton of confidence coming off the win at Science Hill against Norris. I would not be surprised to see the championship come down to Maryville vs. Farragut, and I believe Maryville wins that matchup.

I am sure all of the kids involved has put in countless hours of work and I wish them all good luck in the tournament. Go make yourself some memories.

Actually, I am just a Blount County resident, not a Maryville fan. Other than Maryville and Farragut, I have not seen the other teams play. If you have seen the all the others play this year, then your prediction should be far more educated than mine. What is your prediction?

To be honest, my evaluation has a lot to do with seeing Farragut and knowing how successful they have been down there the last few years. Until someone beats them, they would have to be one of the favorites, and Maryville has beaten them three times this year, two of which their ace was pitching, I believe. Maryville has 4 pitchers that they can win with and they have a ton of confidence coming off the win at Science Hill against Norris. I would not be surprised to see the championship come down to Maryville vs. Farragut, and I believe Maryville wins that matchup.

I am sure all of the kids involved has put in countless hours of work and I wish them all good luck in the tournament. Go make yourself some memories.

Pfeifer pitched against Maryville 3 times this year.

- Mar 16: Farragut 4-0

- Apr 13: Maryville 2-1

(The 2 runs were unearned. Right fielder dropped a fly ball with 2 out and 2 on letting the 2 runners score)

- May 9: Farragut 5-1 (Pfeifer pitched 6 shutout innings, relief pitcher gave up the 1 run)

In 3 games against Maryville Pfeifer has not given up an earned run. If Pfeifer does pitch against Maryville, I'll take Farragut.

Pfeifer pitched against Maryville 3 times this year.

- Mar 16: Farragut 4-0

- Apr 13: Maryville 2-1

(The 2 runs were unearned. Right fielder dropped a fly ball with 2 out and 2 on letting the 2 runners score)

- May 9: Farragut 5-1 (Pfeifer pitched 6 shutout innings, relief pitcher gave up the 1 run)

In 3 games against Maryville Pfeifer has not given up an earned run. If Pfeifer does pitch against Maryville, I'll take Farragut.

My bad "sports19" about the number of times Maryville beat Pfeifer. IF Pfeifer was pitching against Maryville, I would also change my prediction in Farragut's favor. The key here is that Pfeifer will not be pitching against Maryville, IMO. I don't think the Vandy coaches were thrilled the last time he pitched, so I would think that Pfeifer's season is over. He has to much of a future to take a chance. I wish that he could pitch because I hate to see a kid that has accomplished everthing that he has be denied an opportunity for another championship, but I don't think that is going to happen