Bradley Central?

Coach J

Bradley Central was VERY tough in the playoffs last year...I came down for the Oak Ridge game. I LOVED their stadium! It sits down in a bowl , and it really has a small college feel. Their P.A. announcer was the worst, though-a cheerleader/homer with a mic. "That Bear's in the den!!!" I wanted to beat Bradley just because of him! I really was impressed with their team , and I believe their outstanding quarterback and wide receiver return. They should do exceptionally well , especially considering they are located in quadrant II , the weakest region of 6A football in Tennessee.

• Upvote 1

I know Da Bears are returning tonnes of talent for this season but will they gel and pick up on a good path or will politics plague them like in years past?

With the amount of talent coming back for Bradley, the Cleveland game maybe for the district championship at this point regardless of politics.

They lost awhole lot on the defensive side of the ball and that is were great teams are made.

Don't bet on losing that many will hurt. Lots of underclassmen got extensive playing time. Upcoming sophmore class was undefeated in middle school and I beleive the JV did very well last year. But, you never know who transfers in and out and all that. Hardest to replace will be Bolton at end.

Edited by hootowlhollow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bradley Central was VERY tough in the playoffs last year...I came down for the Oak Ridge game. I LOVED their stadium! It sits down in a bowl , and it really has a small college feel. Their P.A. announcer was the worst, though-a cheerleader/homer with a mic. "That Bear's in the den!!!" I wanted to beat Bradley just because of him! I really was impressed with their team , and I believe their outstanding quarterback and wide receiver return. They should do exceptionally well , especially considering they are located in quadrant II , the weakest region of 6A football in Tennessee.

Oh yeah, we have such a homer, unlike everyone else. :roflol: I actually thought "That Bear's in his den" was a pretty good line in place of Touchdown Bradley".

Actually, I appreciate your complements about the stadium. Been traveling around HS venues for over 35 years now and seldom do I find one that compares, let alone surpass. Not slighting anyone there, but we do have an really nice place. But to be honest someone back when the school was being built made a terrific decision in using the terrain to our advantage and locating the field there.

Most of the key players will be back but as mentioned in another post replacing Bolton will be impossible. I have not had as much fun watchin' a player as I did him in many years. The other big loss is Dwain Massingil, the FB/LB. Really was a load at 235 with good speed and power.

The good thing is that the freshmen coming in are good quality and the JV team from last year went undefeated. This gives me some expectation that a good season and another playoff run is in the offering.

• Upvote 1

The Bears should score a lot of points. The question will be on defense--who replaces Colbaugh, Bennett, Bolton and others? The defensive backfield will be a strong point. Their offense returns the All-District quarterback (Bryce Copeland) and the All-District Wide Receiver (James Stovall). They also return the All-District defensive back of the year (Rue Goldston). A new kicker in Miles Christian will force teams to travel further on kickoff returns. There's a strong couple of players to back up Copeland at QB (Wilson and the freshman Clark). There's a host of young sophomores moving up from the undefeated JV who haven't lost from the 6th through 9th grades. The future looks bright for Coach Floyd and his staff. It all starts on August 19th vs Polk County who is a 3A powerhouse, with one of the most anticipated seasons for the Bears in a long time.

The Bear offense looked pretty good in winning the 12-team passing league at Signal Mountain this past Saturday. If they can avoid injuries and find some solid line play the Bears will be in the playoffs again.

Go Bears!

Edited by baconbreath