South Pitt and Signal Mountain scared of Alcoa

ckyfan

There is nothing magical about Alcoa.

They got a freight train started there in H.S. football. This is how they keep the engine of that train stoked.

Students who live outside Alcoa’s zone can pay $500 to attend. The football program’s success has drawn talented athletes from other zones willing to pay the tuition in exchange for a better chance of winning a championship or being noticed by college recruiters. With 96 players currently going through summer workouts, 40 percent of Alcoa’s male student population is on the football roster.

I guess S.P., and T.C. should start charging students to play football for them. :roflol:

There is nothing magical about Alcoa.

They got a freight train started there in H.S. football. This is how they keep the engine of that train stoked.

I guess S.P., and T.C. should start charging students to play football for them. :roflol:

you're dead on, i've said for years if tc had an open enrollment policy that they would be competeing with alcoa in less than 3 years. i'd go so far as to say that sp would be doing the same thing. open enrollment is the slighty less talented sibling of the recruiting that the private schools do. :roflolk:

alcoa and greeneville are houses built on circumventing the rules that others play by. no better than the gaggle of "abc" schools that no one talks about any more. :thumb:

you're dead on, i've said for years if tc had an open enrollment policy that they would be competeing with alcoa in less than 3 years. i'd go so far as to say that sp would be doing the same thing. open enrollment is the slighty less talented sibling of the recruiting that the private schools do. :roflolk:

alcoa and greeneville are houses built on circumventing the rules that others play by. no better than the gaggle of "abc" schools that no one talks about any more. :thumb:

It's pretty common actually. For Example, Cleveland City Schools and Bradley County Schools are seperate systems. But if a county kids wants to go to Cleveland they pay $500 and they are in. Same thing with Blount co. and Alcoas city system. Heck, at Cleveland the coach will pick you up in Soddy Daisy and drive you there apparently.

It's pretty common actually. For Example, Cleveland City Schools and Bradley County Schools are seperate systems. But if a county kids wants to go to Cleveland they pay $500 and they are in. Same thing with Blount co. and Alcoas city system. Heck, at Cleveland the coach will pick you up in Soddy Daisy and drive you there apparently.

That is funny. Especially if you are a tailback?

you are exactly right longsack, it is as common as it can be.

You have got be joking. I garuntee you that any football game is physical. It says in my Murphy Fair book that it is a contact sport. I garuntee you that someone could get hurt in any game. It would make us a better team and on top of everything, Grider could make 25,000 dollars a year to play these Alcoa boys. Grider could take that money and buy some real nice champion rings or even buy us a greyhound bus so we dont have to rent one anymore. That Rankin man spent 180,000 dollars lat year on his boys champion rings. This is a bunch of mess. That Rankin man is a real good coach. That Hargis man wrote in that article that Rankin man wants to be in a small town. Maybe Grider could get him to be an assistant coach here. You think im joking but im not.

Good post...there are no excuses.

NO team in 1A or 2A is going to beat Alcoa. It aint happening. If a team played a soft schedule then by all means schedule Alcoa, but anyone that thinks that South Pittsburg schedule isnt already extremely tough might need the head examined. Should S.P. have played Alcoa instead of Baylor North or Polk County-Benton?

NO team in 1A or 2A is going to beat Alcoa. It aint happening. If a team played a soft schedule then by all means schedule Alcoa, but anyone that thinks that South Pittsburg schedule isnt already extremely tough might need the head examined. Should S.P. have played Alcoa instead of Baylor North or Polk County-Benton?

Alcoa has a case it can make from Baylor North dodging them but it is ridiculous that they gripe about SP when they have Heritage and W.B. inside of their own county who are dodging them.

Of course, you would not win. However, some Sp folks whine about teams that will not play the Pirate. SP will not play Alcoa.