Football-Dist 9 (Sumner-Wilson) .....6A & 5A

rapidjohn

Wilson Central is ready to shock the state, they have an old guru back on the staff, and with last years talent from the freshman squad coming to varsity it adds an instant upgrade to this years team. The qb is deadly accurate in 7 on 7 games and in the spring, he looks prepared to carry this team, the wingbacks are extremely fast and can take the edge on anybody and the defense features 2 D-1 prospects with many future prospects in their junior and sophomore year this team is going to be sneaky good in these next 3 years and that "attitude" has seemingly changed for the better with Coach Dedman and his staffs enforcement on discipline this off season

Recycling an old coach will be NO help! You will win (1) district game (Portland) and they will be an improvement; you lost to them last year. Also, good luck scrimmaging that Macon Co. team.

Bucs Rule

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beech looked ok against Oakland tonight. Best I could tell it was 1-0 Oakland 1's v 1's in normal scrimmage. 3-0 Beech in short yardage scrimmage 1's v 1's. Lots of new skill guys finding their way early on. Kingcaid didn't play. Twisted ankle, not supposed to be serious. In my opinion, backs look pretty good (lots of options, including the Hurd kid who looks like he could be special) , qb is improving each practice, still looking for someone who can catch the football consistently. (lots of gator arms)

Edited by tandem

what about scrimmage info??

My Bucs looked OK vs an impressive looking Oakland squad.

Appears SC did OK in Clarksville.

Did Gallatin look better than Blackman?

Also appears my fears about MJ may be correct...........they are pretty good.

Did Lebanon really do poorly vs Smyrna......what about a Devil report.

Anything on the Commandos, WC, or Portland?

Friday nights in the fall mean HS football :popcorneater: .......go Bucs

I believe it was Kenwood that they played. I missed the MJ vs Brentwood scrimmage. Anyone have details on that one?

MJpride you have one outstanding looking team this year. Its a great time to be a bear fan is the word on the street. I showed up right after special teams and the Bears D was going against the Oakland O and did give up a point for 13minutes straight on D... if it were a real game they would have had more then 3 turnovers. Then your Bears O went against Brentwood and scored in 3 plays i think. I personally think that Mt. Juliet's offense is one of the top in the state at this point and time. EVERY back can run the ball and your WR can replace Cornelia which is the biggest question. Oakland just doesn't look like the "old" Oakland. Still a great team and will make noise again this year but not like they used too. They seem to be having problems with the O right now cause they had problems moving the ball against Mt. Juliet and Brentwood. Their D looks to be very solid though.

Brentwood looked very nice on Offense but had problems against the MJ Dfense for a while. Don't know if it was MJ's talent or Brentwood having struggles. Brentwood's QB looks great, seems to be the key to their offense as well. Brentwood's D wasnt as impressive though, let up a lot of points against both teams.

All 3 teams played outstanding and all look like they are primed for the season. Cant wait to watch these teams go to work on Friday nights. :popcorneater::mrgreen:

MJpride you have one outstanding looking team this year. Its a great time to be a bear fan is the word on the street. I showed up right after special teams and the Bears D was going against the Oakland O and did give up a point for 13minutes straight on D... if it were a real game they would have had more then 3 turnovers. Then your Bears O went against Brentwood and scored in 3 plays i think. I personally think that Mt. Juliet's offense is one of the top in the state at this point and time. EVERY back can run the ball and your WR can replace Cornelia which is the biggest question. Oakland just doesn't look like the "old" Oakland. Still a great team and will make noise again this year but not like they used too. They seem to be having problems with the O right now cause they had problems moving the ball against Mt. Juliet and Brentwood. Their D looks to be very solid though.

Brentwood looked very nice on Offense but had problems against the MJ Dfense for a while. Don't know if it was MJ's talent or Brentwood having struggles. Brentwood's QB looks great, seems to be the key to their offense as well. Brentwood's D wasnt as impressive though, let up a lot of points against both teams.

All 3 teams played outstanding and all look like they are primed for the season. Cant wait to watch these teams go to work on Friday nights. :popcorneater::mrgreen:

Thanks for the info. I stated earlier on that the offense should be unstopable. If the Defense can step it up a notch this team can make it to the championship game. Should be an exciting year. Go Bears!

what about scrimmage info??

My Bucs looked OK vs an impressive looking Oakland squad.

Appears SC did OK in Clarksville.

Did Gallatin look better than Blackman?

Also appears my fears about MJ may be correct...........they are pretty good.

Did Lebanon really do poorly vs Smyrna......what about a Devil report.

Anything on the Commandos, WC, or Portland?

Friday nights in the fall mean HS football :popcorneater: .......go Bucs

Portland beat Franklin Road Academy 14-0 the other night.

I'm hearing lots of talk about Gallatin being one of the top 5A teams in the state and making a run at a state championship appearance. I'm curious as to why they are not getting as much love from other coaches. They are picked 8th in Murphy Fair's preseason coaches poll (2 spots behind Hendersonville), 2nd by the district coaches behind Mt Juliet, and not even in the top 10 in the Nashville Examiner preseason poll (Beech and Hendersonville are in it). I'd be interested to hear some Gallatin folks' take on this. Do you think Lassiter gets no respect? I personally think they will be really good, but would expect more love for them from the preseason polls.

I'm not sure why Gallatin is not getting more respect in the preseason this year. Usually their in the top 10 on namesake alone. Not to say they deserve to be ranked up there every year for that reason. I think their are a couple of factors that play into it being different this year though. For one, the way Gallatin has struggled in the playoffs has started to carry over into the next season for some people. Also, there are several more programs on teh rise this year than there usually is. As for how good they actually are is still up in the air. As far as size, speed, and plain ole talent, on paper they are completely stacked. The key to this team is going to be discipline. Too many times last year we got called for silly and pointless penalties that killed/extended drives. From all that I've heard, Gallatin looked all the bit the part of a 5A contender against Blackman. I'll have a little bit more of an idea of things after this afternoon's scrimmage against Smyrna.

Preseason polls are usually not worth much. Typically it is based on tradition or (like Murphys poll) how the year did the year before. Columbia is getting a ton of preseason love because they have made 2 state title appearances. Hendersonville was devastated by graduation especially on their strength...the line. Realistically Ridgeway and Powell return probably the most and are deserving of high rankings. The fact that Lassiter's teams have not faired well in the postseason just adds to the fact that Gallatin is not getting the preseason accolades. Mt Juliet is also supposed to be very strong this year and many locally are singing their praises on it being their time. Personally I don't mind too much because I know what they have this year and everybody else is gonna soon find out. Gallatin is loaded this year and with some new coaching blood added to the mix. Gallatin might be headed back in the right direction.

I agree with you biggreenmachine, way too many times Gallatin shot themselves in the foot last year with just stupid and ill advised penalties. The boys need to play smarter than that. Nothing wrong with playing aggressive just not stupid.