Football-Dist 9 (Sumner-Wilson) .....6A & 5A

rapidjohn

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should be eligible this year if his parents are moving.

Who's the player?

The child's name is Jalen Hurd. He's supposed to be a really good RB from what I'm hearing - big and fast too. I looked him up on unapproved website and he was ranked as the top freshman in the state last year (among the the varsity teams).

1.)Mt.Juliet

2.)Gallatin

3.)Beech

4.)Hendersonville

5.)Lebanon

6.)Station Camp

7.)Wilson Central

8.)Portland

MJ has a shot at 10-0 this year if their D-fence is good their O has big O-line and fast, strong backs. (saw them at smyrna). MJ is very underrated this year.

Gallatin has some of the biggest line in the state... if the passing game is good they could take the district but i doubt it will be. D-fence looks solid not great but definitely not bad.

Beech lost a bunch of guys but the coaching staff will always have them ready to play. They lose to many offensive skill players to really be a #1 in the district.

Hendersonville could finish at 1 and could finish at 5. These guys are the true wild card in the district.

MJ could take state in 6A and Gallatin, Beech, and Hendersonville could take state in 5A overall this is a very strong district with great coaching staffs.

We did not look very good, but Coach Crabtree will have them together when "real" football begins.

go Bucs

Good news Buc Nation step son has decided to move back with his dad for his Sr season, coming from the talent rich state of Florida high school football

6'4 220 ....tight end/ def end

Lol at the folks putting Gallatin outside the top 3... From most reports I'm hearing, Gallatin is regarded as a top 3 team in 5A period. MJ will be good this year as always under Perry, but the lack of offense will be their demise. The Bears are still a legit playoff team though. Hendersonville likely won't make the playoffs this year, imo. Beech should sneak in. I think the 4th place spot goes to either SC or WC. So, here's my prediction:

1.)Gallatin (scary good)agreed, only questions for me are the OL and DL/ remember Green Wave fans Henry County has everybody back and Ridgeway has almost everybody back (4 committed D-1 so far with a few more to come)

2.)MJ (good defense, wing-t sucks)agreed as long as Perry is there

3.)Station Camp (good athletes, poor coaching, also wing-t sucks) not sure about this high, maybe, middle school and freshman went undefeated last yr, improved but a year away.

4.)Wilson Central (showed signs of improvement last year)Not convinced

5.)Beech (no Haymer, no Neal, No Zinchini)agreed

6.)Hendersonville (got smoked by Smyrna in scrimmage, lost alot on the lines)agreed

7.)Lebanon (new staff, new system, not much community support these days)agreed

8.)Portland (lets be honest, it's Aric coaching Portland...)agreed, but their middle school teams have been decent last 2 years.

OL and DL for Gallatin will be the biggest any team in 9AAA sees all year. SEVERAL 300+ pounders... Add to that the fact that Marc Williams (new OC) is a mastermind when it comes to the OL, and Gallatin's line will actually be one of their strong points. Also, keep in mind that Henry County has the same problem against our district as Gallatin has against the Williamson County district. Furthermore, Henry County has the same problem the Green Wave had when we were in playing against Metro Schools every year. The competition just isn't there against Clarksville schools; thus, Henry Co. usually isn't battle tested when playoff time rolls around. Ridgeway will be good, and may even go 10-0 in the regular season again. However, if that Hendersonville team from last year could beat them then I don't expect them to fare well against the elite teams from the mid-state. Gallatin will be good, I assure you. Multiple D-1 prospects on the field. The only games I could potentially see us losing would be Brentwood and Oakland. But with a scrimmage schedule of Blackman (Shadowens+Mathers = state title run), Smyrna (beat Hendersonville 8 scores to 0, and Pearl Cohn 5 scores to 0), and Riverdale (let's face it, they are Riverdale)... Gallatin will be well prepared for the season. Perhaps I'm just biased, but Gallatin will look much like the Green Wave of old on offense. I'm still not sold on the 4-2-5 defense though, but we'll see... I'm still saying that Gallatin plays Tullahoma in Cookeville this year. GGW

OL and DL for Gallatin will be the biggest any team in 9AAA sees all year. SEVERAL 300+ pounders... Add to that the fact that Marc Williams (new OC) is a mastermind when it comes to the OL, and Gallatin's line will actually be one of their strong points. Also, keep in mind that Henry County has the same problem against our district as Gallatin has against the Williamson County district. Furthermore, Henry County has the same problem the Green Wave had when we were in playing against Metro Schools every year. The competition just isn't there against Clarksville schools; thus, Henry Co. usually isn't battle tested when playoff time rolls around. Ridgeway will be good, and may even go 10-0 in the regular season again. However, if that Hendersonville team from last year could beat them then I don't expect them to fare well against the elite teams from the mid-state. Gallatin will be good, I assure you. Multiple D-1 prospects on the field. The only games I could potentially see us losing would be Brentwood and Oakland. But with a scrimmage schedule of Blackman (Shadowens+Mathers = state title run), Smyrna (beat Hendersonville 8 scores to 0, and Pearl Cohn 5 scores to 0), and Riverdale (let's face it, they are Riverdale)... Gallatin will be well prepared for the season. Perhaps I'm just biased, but Gallatin will look much like the Green Wave of old on offense. I'm still not sold on the 4-2-5 defense though, but we'll see... I'm still saying that Gallatin plays Tullahoma in Cookeville this year. GGW

Sqaushwave I hope your right on this one but it will take a better performance on deffense than the wave had last year...Hard to give up 22 pts a game and end up in Cookeville...We will know a little more about the deffense when Smyrna comes a callin in the first scrimmage in a couple of weeks...Plus after 3 scrimmages Smyrna,Blackman and Riverdale I hope we are not to beat up by the start of the season...lol

Squoshwave17, who are the multiple D1 prospects you are talking about? Not doubting, just wanted to make sure I know who to look for.