Best HS Running Backs the last 10 years?

Sterling was better than Bohanon and Summers????? Your smoking that good stuff son!!! lol Bohanon went to Alabama, Summers to UT...where did sterling go?

Typical illiterate OR fan. I said best HIGH SCHOOL running back last 10 years, let me repeat TEN years. Yeah Sterling was better than Bohanan, had better stats in high school and your hero Bohanan had ZERO rushes at Alabama, just like Sterling had zero at Ole Miss. Looks like they both had the same college career, and Sterling had the better high school one. Therefore, Sterling>Bohanon. Man just keep digging that ditch a little deeper, you just keep looking worse as you go. Maybe you've had a dose of radiation from Y-12.

Typical illiterate OR fan. I said best HIGH SCHOOL running back last 10 years, let me repeat TEN years. Yeah Sterling was better than Bohanan, had better stats in high school and your hero Bohanan had ZERO rushes at Alabama, just like Sterling had zero at Ole Miss. Looks like they both had the same college career, and Sterling had the better high school one. Therefore, Sterling>Bohanon. Man just keep digging that ditch a little deeper, you just keep looking worse as you go. Maybe you've had a dose of radiation from Y-12.

hahaha i am just having a little bit of fun with you man. your the one getting all bent out of shape. Just a little fun smacktalk, get a sense of humor :)

Also, you gotta think of the times then 2 guys ran...When sterling was running around there werent really any good teams in the area, unless yall played Maryville back then? Competetion was much better in the state as a whole in the mid 90's when Bohannon was playing for OR. Never said Sterling wasn't good, but he WAS NOT, leaps and bounds ahead of Spencder Gulmire. Gulmire and Sterling were both ALL STATERS. They both deserve there due respect. I will tell you what though, i wouldn't have traded Spencer for Sterling. As im sure it would be the other way around for you. You wont find a better leader on a team then Gulmire was. Also, Spencer was on a team that went to the state championship game as well. Stats don't always tell the whole story Admiral. :)

I am a Maryville fan so I am going to be bias toward Carl Stewart. I also recognize he was helped by the quality of the overall team and system he played in (Cassen Jackson-Garrison at Central was pretty impressive too). I would also throw Golden Tate in the mix.

But the back I was most impressed with was Dennis Rogan. An absolute workhorse! On both sides of the ball, and as a punt/kick-off return man. No time was this more evident than in the play-off game with Catholic (a true mud bowl slugfest). I don’t remember the year or his stats – but he literally took over that game. Several times I thought Fulton would lose the game, maybe they should have, Catholic might have been the better team. But Rogan simply refused to give up! That in my opinion (after 40 years of watching High School football) was the greatest individual performance I have ever seen!

If I remember right, they beat Alcoa that year and won the State Championship over an excellent David Lipscomb team.

Spencer Gulmire Oak Ridge....Farragut guy, i am sure you remember him :) lol

SS you beat me to it. I had to chuckle when I read your post. Farragutgrad may be a little young to remember the "Shauns" and the dominance over that period of time. As far as Gulmire, that was one of the most amazing efforts I've ever witnessed. Farragutgrad, what he is referring to is a 347 yard, 3 TD game in final game of the regular season by Spencer Gulmire. Here is an article if you're interested:http://www.farragutpress.com/articles/2005/11/3817.html

All the backs you guys have mentioned are worthy. Gulmire was really something and hard to explain. You would just have had to watch him play.

Edited by Govolsknox

SS you beat me to it. I had to chuckle when I read your post. Farragutgrad may be a little young to remember the "Shauns" and the dominance over that period of time. As far as Gulmire, that was one of the most amazing efforts I've ever witnessed. Farragutgrad, what he is referring to is a 347 yard, 3 TD game in the 3rd round of the playoffs by Spencer Gulmire. Here is an article if you're interested:http://www.farragutpress.com/articles/2005/11/3817.html

All the backs you guys have mentioned are worthy. Gulmire was really something and hard to explain. You would just have had to watch him play.

Totally agree...Didnt Sterling play on that 2005 team of Farragut? just saying ;) lol Love you farragutgrad! haha