FRANKLIN REBELS 2011

callofdooty

you ae in winchester tenn if not thats my bad but we do play a franklin county rebels

Franklin County Rebels are in Winchester, TN. Franklin Rebels are in Franklin, TN (Williamson County). So you do have the wrong team.

Pretty sure Franklin County doesn't have a D1 QB and is probably not as good as Franklin. At least they haven't been in the recent past.

Edited by Blazeallthewaze

Franklin never does well in 7 on 7s, it's just not their game. The teams with the best athletes win in those tournaments, that's not Franklin. In real football, the team with the best FOOTBALL PLAYERS wins. Perfect example: Hilsboro beat Franklin in 7 on 7 at Vandy, I don't see that happening on the real field this year...

I agree with all of your post, but the question still lingers. IF the qb is D1 level talent, he should have had much more success at the 7 on 7. Was he inaccurate? Bad hands in the receivers? Can't run routes? Can't throw to a spot?

If the brag is that the guy is D1 quality, the 7 on 7 shows there must be some weaknesses somewhere...where are they? A big, slowfooted qb can be D1 if he has laser accuracy and great receivers and some good blocking. It doesnt sound like its all there for FHS, regardless of what some are saying. A very young O-line, and either receivers with bad hands, or cant run a route, or a qb that cant hit a spot; things that make you go hhhhmmmmmm.

I agree with all of your post, but the question still lingers. IF the qb is D1 level talent, he should have had much more success at the 7 on 7. Was he inaccurate? Bad hands in the receivers? Can't run routes? Can't throw to a spot?

If the brag is that the guy is D1 quality, the 7 on 7 shows there must be some weaknesses somewhere...where are they? A big, slowfooted qb can be D1 if he has laser accuracy and great receivers and some good blocking. It doesnt sound like its all there for FHS, regardless of what some are saying. A very young O-line, and either receivers with bad hands, or cant run a route, or a qb that cant hit a spot; things that make you go hhhhmmmmmm.

I have said it before and I will say it again, 7 on 7 will not have anything to do with how a team plays real football. Most coaches only do 7 on 7 because everyone else is doing it and if they didn't it would look as if are not working as hard as someone else.

I have said it before and I will say it again, 7 on 7 will not have anything to do with how a team plays real football. Most coaches only do 7 on 7 because everyone else is doing it and if they didn't it would look as if are not working as hard as someone else.

I have said that as well. But when people boast of a D1 qb that can't deliver in a passing camp...it makes you wonder. It looks to me that Franklin going to the 7 on 7 reveals some glaring weaknesses. They would have done better to stay home and appear lazy.

I have said that as well. But when people boast of a D1 qb that can't deliver in a passing camp...it makes you wonder. It looks to me that Franklin going to the 7 on 7 reveals some glaring weaknesses. They would have done better to stay home and appear lazy.

Does Matt play defense? No. I think everyone can agree that the Rebels weakness on defense last year was pass defense. Good thing for them the majority of the teams they play will be running the ball. Do you think Centennial will be able to throw it around the yard or even be able to have enough time before Ramirez puts the QB on his back.

I think everyone will agree, Matt has the talent to be a Division 1 QB. He has more talent than Nichols, but Nichols had more talent at the skill position than Matt will have this season.

I am not a Rebels fan but a fan of Williamson County Football, but I am sick and tired of hearing about Centennial and you taking cheap shots at Franklin. Let's wait to the season starts, but then again if Franklin loses some non-district games I am sure you will be hear letting the Franklin faithful know about it.

Edited by Gerry Bertier

Does Matt play defense? No. I think everyone can agree that the Rebels weakness on defense last year was pass defense. Good thing for them the majority of the teams they play will be running the ball. Do you think Centennial will be able to throw it around the yard or even be able to have enough time before Ramirez puts the QB on his back.

I think everyone will agree, Matt has the talent to be a Division 1 QB. He has more talent than Nichols, but Nichols had more talent at the skill position than Matt will have this season.

I am not a Rebels fan but a fan of Williamson County Football, but I am sick and tired of hearing about Centennial and you taking cheap shots at Franklin. Let's wait to the season starts, but then again if Franklin loses some non-district games I am sure you will be hear letting the Franklin faithful know about it.

Ummm, huh? A little sensitive, are we? And I dont think eveyone does agree about what D1 talent really is. A big body? It helps. Good arm, definitely. Quick release, yep. Great hands, of course. Great vision, no doubt. Illusive hips, a huge benefit. Speed, a great asset. Great receivers, definitely. FHS is missing some of these things.

Please point out any cheap shots. Truths hurt sometimes, but that doesnt make it a cheap shot. And I could care less what you are sick and tired of hearing about. Stop reading if you dont like it.

WOW :popcorneater:

Ummm, huh? A little sensitive, are we? And I dont think eveyone does agree about what D1 talent really is. A big body? It helps. Good arm, definitely. Quick release, yep. Great hands, of course. Great vision, no doubt. Illusive hips, a huge benefit. Speed, a great asset. Great receivers, definitely. FHS is missing some of these things.

Please point out any cheap shots. Truths hurt sometimes, but that doesnt make it a cheap shot. And I could care less what you are sick and tired of hearing about. Stop reading if you dont like it.

If you could careless then why would you respond?? :thumb:

Are you a college scout? Have you ever played the game of football? I think I will trust college coaches more than you. He may not turn out to be a D1 QB, but I will trust the guys who get PAID to recruit and whose job depends on how well they evaluate talent.

It is fine to support Centennial, but why always tear down Franklin? Is it because Franklin is where Centennial wishes it could be? I think so. Why not support your team and act like they have been there before? Oh wait they haven't. Seems to me you have a complex with Franklin.

Since you could careless, I would expect for you not to respond, but I know you won't be able to resist.

If you could careless then why would you respond?? :thumb:

Are you a college scout? Have you ever played the game of football? I think I will trust college coaches more than you. He may not turn out to be a D1 QB, but I will trust the guys who get PAID to recruit and whose job depends on how well they evaluate talent.

It is fine to support Centennial, but why always tear down Franklin? Is it because Franklin is where Centennial wishes it could be? I think so. Why not support your team and act like they have been there before? Oh wait they haven't. Seems to me you have a complex with Franklin.

Since you could careless, I would expect for you not to respond, but I know you won't be able to resist.

GerryBertier -

I am not picking sides nor am i legal defense for Sir Taco - Personally Taco and I have had some verbal jabs and yes I am tired of El TACO taking over and hijacking other TEAMS topics like this one and the Independence Eagle one with his CHS wisdom/gossip and anything CHS !!

Now i dont have him coming on here and questioning FHS, or thier QB but TACO stop taking over other teams topics stick to your own ///

As i said before FHS fans have always talked bout CHS never beating FHS so his comment FHS zero in a 100 is all fun in games

Not that I put much credence in 7 on 7 football, but a DI qb that can only win 4 games at Vandy's 7 on 7 doesnt bode well. Is there a receiver issue? I have heard he is a little slow, but come on, there was no rushing, so how fast do you need to be for 7 on 7 success. Whats the story there?

If it is a receiver issue, combined with an inexperienced o-line, picking FHS at the top may be a gamble. I'm not saying anyone else is better, but there seem to be some pretty serious questions that need answers.

Above is my first post in this thread...not sure how it is a highjack. It is a simple post with reasonable questions about FRANKLIN. Notice no CHS references. Someone else brought up CHS in a way to attack my post. I responded and defended. Again, not a thread highjack. I rarely post in non CHS threads about CHS. It is almost always someone else that brings up Centennial's history to try to put me in my place. That is someone else's issue and inability to defend their team and respond intelligently to my posts.

I can contribute in any thread I choose, as long as a do it in a "CoachT Acceptable" manner.

If I point out that a 7 on 7 may point weaknesses with FHS, and the weakness may be what FHS was touting as their strength, why does the response have to be to slam CHS?

The answer is simple; fear of the future.

Thank you for this opportunity to take a FHS thread and allow me to speak about CHS.

Any by the way, Independence still has the worst staff in the county and that has nothing to do with Centennial either.