Perry Co.

teton

Week 10 so far away but off the cuff the most interesting aspect of season/game will be qb play. Can rice switching to qb work and can pc oline protect theirs?

I look for Rice to have a big year at QB, Tyler was as good as they come but WC can do many more things with Austin taking the snaps. I also think the defense will be excellent this year with size and toughness up front and a ton of speed in their backs. PC will have some boys step up on the offensive line but I dont know if it will be enough,

Edited by wildcat89

Its a three horse race this year between PC, WC, and C'wood. MTP and CA will both be solid football teams. Any way you look at it this season your going to have 4 or 5 region games this season that will be no walk in the park. Whoever goes to playoffs this year from this region is going to be battle tested.

Edited by theshow

Best of luck to PC's version of the boys of fall.I knew earlier than most(not from P.C.)that last seasons' squad had the ingerdients to be special,and would love to see this years boys recapture that same "magical" blend of talent and belief in each other.This is the pivotal season(IMO)that will determine the Vikings future status,top tier in 6A,and a solid program year after year...or "that great season of 2010-2011".I heard great things this past spring about the excitement around the program,and high numbers of kids trying out,but lately have heard a lot of basketball guys maybe sticking to the hardwood.I always respect personal decisions of this nature but at the same time it saddens me to hear that the "play for each other" mentality that made last years team exceptional may have evaporated over the summer.Hope the Vikings have another season to remember,the class displayed by the fans as well as the team earned ya'll a long distance fan in myself,and I wish you all a safe and successful upcoming season.

Best of luck to PC's version of the boys of fall.I knew earlier than most(not from P.C.)that last seasons' squad had the ingerdients to be special,and would love to see this years boys recapture that same "magical" blend of talent and belief in each other.This is the pivotal season(IMO)that will determine the Vikings future status,top tier in 6A,and a solid program year after year...or "that great season of 2010-2011".I heard great things this past spring about the excitement around the program,and high numbers of kids trying out,but lately have heard a lot of basketball guys maybe sticking to the hardwood.I always respect personal decisions of this nature but at the same time it saddens me to hear that the "play for each other" mentality that made last years team exceptional may have evaporated over the summer.Hope the Vikings have another season to remember,the class displayed by the fans as well as the team earned ya'll a long distance fan in myself,and I wish you all a safe and successful upcoming season.

Great post, tradertwo. Thanks for the kind words! A couple of the b-ball players have said they're not playing football this year, but we're still hoping they'll change their minds. Either way, there is a lot of excitement in PC. We're not just a basketball county anymore.

I look for Rice to have a big year at QB, Tyler was as good as they come but WC can do many more things with Austin taking the snaps. I also think the defense will be excellent this year with size and toughness up front and a ton of speed in their backs. PC will have some boys step up on the offensive line but I dont know if it will be enough,

Wayne County's Defense?????????????????? I hear that is going to be a big question mark. Some say that Wayne County's defense is going to be very weak. No LBs to speak of....Maybe Horton....D line will be huge though.