How do you deal with crazy parents?

missinglink

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've about had it with all these parents griping at me about their kid not starting or not getting enough snaps. Before I go nuts this fall does anyone have any answers? Any good resources you can point me to?

Just trying to stay sane.

The best think i can tell ya is When your kid gets good enough 2 start he will and if you want him 2 play get in the stands cheer for EVERYONE Then talk 2 the player he knows if he is good enough 2 play and find a place for him maybe on punt returns kick off ect

Edited by jeffs

I've about had it with all these parents griping at me about their kid not starting or not getting enough snaps. Before I go nuts this fall does anyone have any answers? Any good resources you can point me to?

Have a parent meeting. Tell all of the parents that you do not discuss playing time with parents. If a parent has a gripe about how much their kid is playing then they can take them somewhere else.

Have a parent meeting. Tell all of the parents that you do not discuss playing time with parents. If a parent has a gripe about how much their kid is playing then they can take them somewhere else.

Tell them to suck it up. We dont always get what we want in life. If they wanna play then there gonna have to earn there time just like every other kid that is playing right now. Some kids just dont have the talent to play over other kids. Tell them you are there to win and to keep your job, and by doing that you are putting the best players on the field that have the best chance of winning you the game. If they dont like it, tell them to lump it or leave it. Parents are more immature then most kids. I am so glad my parents werent this way with me. Sometimes it is an embarrassment to the kid himself, sad. Grow up people.

Just tell em....thier kid is not one of your favorites and isnt sucking up enuff. :roflol: ....or you could tell to go get thier own team and thier kid can play all he wants!!! :thumb:

Just tell the parents that their son is a "duck!" (non-player). He has a bill, webbed feet and quacks and honks. Suggest they take their son to Wal Mart and explain they are having a sale on hands, feet, speed, and size! He needs all of em!

It is all about the MONEY. Pay for play is always the best system. Coaches can't always count on the Booster Club coming through with the under the table money. Be BOLD and sent the cost of playing time high. You can always come down but it hard to go back up on your set prices. Depending on the school, QB playing time runs about $5,000 to $6,000 range. More depending on the kid.

You should take care of this up front by letting parents know that you do not discuss playing time, but you will discuss what their kid needs to do to get better so he can compete for playing time. If they don't appreciate that, tell them to hit the road because they will be trouble down the road if you don't. You have probably figured out by now that our society is the softest that it has ever been and the majority of kids today are so used to having everything given to them that they don't know how to work hard and compete.