Webb - Mairvul

STARSNBARS

Most of these so called prognosticators (Stars: It's not a bad word) are not Maryville fans. I have the utmost respect for The Webb School. I'll take any of the above mentioned scores. I just want a W and then I'll pull for The Webb School, for the rest of the season. :thumb:

I agree. If anyone has read my posts I really respect Webb. They run the WingT really well and those Blanche Brothers are outstanding.

As a Webb fan we are really thankful for an opportunity to be able to play a team and program like Maryville in an atmosphere that will be as exciting as what will occur on Saturday. As a fan of them I don’t feel disrespected by bigearl. Thats his opinion and its more associated with how good he thinks this Maryville team is and its understandable. We understand that in some years Maryville would blow us out 42-10...hopefully it’s not this year for everyone’s sake that will be going to watch the game....but we also believe this is one of the years in which we have one of our stronger teams and think we can go in and compete against Maryville and if things work out perhaps pull off an upset.

Webb doesn’t shy away from playing the best teams in the state...we've played Alcoa in the past 8 years, mccallie, Baylor, MBA, Ensworth, BGA w/ flemming and karl, Briarcrest when they had those great teams, and just about every school in the knoxville area that’s willing to play us. Discounting the knoxville schools b/c we have a pretty good streak going against them and just about all refuse to play us now, have been blown out against those other teams but also in some years we have been quite competitive with them and have won...we feel this is one of the years in which we can compete. But you never know we may be getting ready to play one of the best Maryville teams they have had, either way we known maryville will be pulling for us next week against Ensworth :thumb: .

As a Webb fan we are really thankful for an opportunity to be able to play a team and program like Maryville in an atmosphere that will be as exciting as what will occur on Saturday. As a fan of them I don’t feel disrespected by bigearl. Thats his opinion and its more associated with how good he thinks this Maryville team is and its understandable. We understand that in some years Maryville would blow us out 42-10...hopefully it’s not this year for everyone’s sake that will be going to watch the game....but we also believe this is one of the years in which we have one of our stronger teams and think we can go in and compete against Maryville and if things work out perhaps pull off an upset.

Webb doesn’t shy away from playing the best teams in the state...we've played Alcoa in the past 8 years, mccallie, Baylor, MBA, Ensworth, BGA w/ flemming and karl, Briarcrest when they had those great teams, and just about every school in the knoxville area that’s willing to play us. Discounting the knoxville schools b/c we have a pretty good streak going against them and just about all refuse to play us now, have been blown out against those other teams but also in some years we have been quite competitive with them and have won...we feel this is one of the years in which we can compete. But you never know we may be getting ready to play one of the best Maryville teams they have had, either way we known maryville will be pulling for us next week against Ensworth :thumb: .

mofo you are exactly right. maybe i'm waaaaaay off on the score i'm just going on what I know of this team. 1. MHS put up 31 on Alcoa last year in a loss and #4 is so much better now than he was then it is immeasurable. 2. The O line is the best we've had since 98. 3. Prevo is a year older and upstaged Young(a D1 signee) twice as a frosh. 4. Rebel Ron the 2 that I heard that defected were nephews of an lb that wore #52 and is a year or two younger than you.

Hey, there's nothing to laugh out loud about. They are unbeatable, the single greatest high school program in the U.S. Webb, or any other team they play, might as well not even show up.

I totally agree man. Even Mater Dei in california or any of the great texas HS football teams dont want none. I am totally with you on this, no laughing here buddy. Real Talk. They may even be able to beat the Chicago Bears barring turnovers.