Webb - Mairvul

STARSNBARS

TK may be the 2nd best sophomore on the field in this game. Shaun Prevo is very special himself. Under GQ I only seen 2 players do what they wanted against Maryville. They both played for White Station. Anthony Hayes and Julian Burton. They beat Maryville by themselves. I saw many great players go against Maryville only to leave with a big ole L on their hind end. Randall Cobb,Brandon Warren,Dustin Lindsey,Jason Witten,Gerald Riggs,Chris Russsel,Terrence Scott,Cassen Jackson,Graig Cooper and James Stone just to name a few.

What about Tyler Robinson (KY), Steven Isom(CN), Jaron Toney(TN),Daryl Warren(KY), Taharn Tyson(UTC), Austin Talent(TT), and "Vee" Hambrick(UofA)?

Edited by BCsportsfan

Red robin you beat me to that, i was thinking about that last night and i had just remembered Ensworth and totally forgot to put that. Only one person said TK could do whatever he wants...As a sophomore he is very talented but i dont see him taking over a game anytime soon esp against maryville. He will be an SEC player by the time he is a senior barring injury....i am willing to put a small bet on that.

Good point about maryville....they havent lost to a knox county public school in looong time. No on here is trying to knock maryville down....everyone from webb knows theyre awesome...the webb people are trying to garner a little respect...that most in the knoxville area dont seem to give them...yet, most of the maryville fans have shown that until one dumb comment about a sophmore player doing whatever he wants.

Edited by mofo11

This is what I was vague about the other day. I hate to hear this news, but I knew it was coming . My source has been 100% correct so far. I didn't want to release details till it came out in print.

Knox News

Blount Today

Even though this is just being published , this news is 3 - 4 weeks old and with 1 exception will not bring down the EMPIRE ,LOL . Now having read this someone out there please name another coach around here that would take action like this ... I mean really not before a weak game or run of games.

I heard tale of a conversation at a local Alcoa restaurant some weeks ago where a certain players dad (from webb) was talking smack about how MARYVILLE was gonna be blown out by Webb. Now considering the pedigree of this individual I would think that he might show a little more respect than ignorance. But , just keep on believing that.

GREYRIDER

Very few coaches would discipline their player like GQ does. I remember in 2003 when Maryville was playing Central for the region championship. Earlier that week 2 players got in a scuffle and didn't play in the Central game. Both players were key players. In 2006 GQ suspended 3 players including an All State RB before the Alcoa game. I saw GQ kick an All State RB before the 2002 season. GQ doesn't put up with any crap. What dissapoints me is these kids should know how GQ is. A lot of coaches wouldn't suspend a kid unless they are playing a weak opponent.

Even though this is just being published , this news is 3 - 4 weeks old and with 1 exception will not bring down the EMPIRE ,LOL . Now having read this someone out there please name another coach around here that would take action like this ... I mean really not before a weak game or run of games.

I heard tale of a conversation at a local Alcoa restaurant some weeks ago where a certain players dad (from webb) was talking smack about how MARYVILLE was gonna be blown out by Webb. Now considering the pedigree of this individual I would think that he might show a little more respect than ignorance. But , just keep on believing that.

Hey GR: I wouldn't take offense to anything that particular pedigreed Webb dad may or may not have said. If you know him you know he is "loud and proud" and is just doing what he does best, stirring things up. I'm sure he wouldn't lay down a large some of hard earned Benjamin's on that prediction. He's just having some fun. GQ and Maryville have reached a point of respect around the area that is unsurpassed. But I must also say that Webb has earned a lot of respect as well. This is a matchup between 2 very well respected teams and coaching staffs with great winning traditions. I expect Maryville to win, but I think Webb is more than a worthy opponent and it should be entertaining.

Hey GR: I wouldn't take offense to anything that particular pedigreed Webb dad may or may not have said. If you know him you know he is "loud and proud" and is just doing what he does best, stirring things up. I'm sure he wouldn't lay down a large some of hard earned Benjamin's on that prediction. He's just having some fun. GQ and Maryville have reached a point of respect around the area that is unsurpassed. But I must also say that Webb has earned a lot of respect as well. This is a matchup between 2 very well respected teams and coaching staffs with great winning traditions. I expect Maryville to win, but I think Webb is more than a worthy opponent and it should be entertaining.

That is just a dumb comment about Webb dads. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are a CAK dad which means you are jealous of everything about Webb. Yall played us two years in football and we rocked you both years and you wont play us anymore. You have nothing to play for because every year you will get beat by Alcoa in the playoffs so have fun this year. Stop coming into these threads and making stereotypes about Webb dads. Its just ignorant.

That is just a dumb comment about Webb dads. You have no idea what you are talking about. You are a CAK dad which means you are jealous of everything about Webb. Yall played us two years in football and we rocked you both years and you wont play us anymore. You have nothing to play for because every year you will get beat by Alcoa in the playoffs so have fun this year. Stop coming into these threads and making stereotypes about Webb dads. Its just ignorant.

Vols12345678 i think you are over reacting a bit. Dont get upset by a comment and then turn around and make a similar dumb comment back at them...So far its all second hand information anyway on a message board .Saying a CAK dad is jealous is just as dumb esp. when he was just complementing Webbs program....CAK has gotten better and better over the years and trying to trash their program does not make Webb's any better.

As a Webb fan ill say In the end Webb has to be able to move the football and score... b/c i dont see Webb being able to stop maryville. If webb has an upsett itll be something like 35-34..but if webb cant score and maryville shuts down the wing-t it could very easily be 35-7...its the first game of the season so its hard to judge...but when you got a future college qb playing its very hard on high school defenses to stop. Hope its a Good game.

Edited by mofo11

Yes , I understand how all that works but I was just throwin' the line out, so to speak. The fact remains that what was said was said and meant, and it makes great bulletin board material for the troops. As far as Webb goes , I think that they are a traditional program with talent and discipline. They are respected.