Alcoa vs. Clevegas

Coach J

Cleveland has a really good looking team. The Cleveland defense is very talented and get to the ball exceptionally quick. Give the Blue-Raiders defense lots of credit. Held the Tornadoes out of the end-zone on 4 plays from inside the pass. Tornadoes have got to be able to keep good teams from stacking the box. It might take the new QB's a few weeks to work the kinks out.

Not impressed with the Cleveland QB at all. Maybe it was Alcoa's defense. Personally saw little to indicate an Elite 11 QB. Cleveland will challenge Bradley for the District title.

I agree. I'm not taking away from the boy's ability...obviously an outstanding athlete. Just figured he would be able to lead his team to a score.

My 2 cents....

-Clevelands QB looked to be a great QB and a great athlete with a very good arm. I think it really hurts him that he doesnt have the talent around him to make him look even better. CHS WRs werent God awful but they werent the best either.

-I hate the 3-4 defense. Not just at Alcoa but every team that runs it. Its just a personal preference for me but there is pros and cons to it...

+It seemed that the middle was more open against Alcoa's D then in previous years. Again, it rolls back to talent level you're playing against. It didnt really hurt them against Cleveland but it could be a long night against teams like Maryville or Greeneville.

+A positive I saw out of it was the rushing of the Outside Linebacker (Usually Oggs). The kid is so quick he couldnt be blocked and really a force on D all night.

-That leads me into the Quarterback situation. I wasnt impressed with Oggs at all. The kid is an AMAZING athlete with amazing moves but he's not a "threat" in the passing game. His passes left a lot to be desired. I think Wall would much more be suited as the every down QB and use Oggs as a WR/Athlete situation.

-Koko being out is going to hurt more then I expected Im afraid. Vee did great tonight as did Chapman (I think that's his name). Hambrick seemed to hesitate when he got to the hole and stood up. Its not something that cant be fixed but the one time he stayed low and hit the hole hard was at the end of the game and he broke it for a big gain.

All in all I thought it was a great game. I stayed for the first half of Maryville. Maryville is what Maryville is, I really think Alcoa is going to have to work extra hard this week. Prevo looked to be a man among men tonight. Really looking forward to next Saturday and hopefully cooler weather, even though Ill be at the field at 2pm again lol

I agree. I'm not taking away from the boy's ability...obviously an outstanding athlete. Just figured he would be able to lead his team to a score.

Well, its kinda hard to look good when your receivers dont get open, and your line leaves you at most 2 seconds to pass every time. Voytik really couldnt help it, the kid is obviously talented. If you have ever noticed every great QB has a GREAT supporting cast around them. And sorry, but Clevelands Offense was very lackluster around Voytik. Give the kid a break.

When a really good player don't have the players around him they don't look to good. During warm ups he was throwing the ball 60 yards on a rope. I thought that was pretty neat. Alcoa was just a way better team.

He has got plenty around him. What the heck does it matter if he can throw it on a rope during warm-ups. No doubt Alcoa was the better team but if he is such an outstanding QB, why not throw it? They were just running a run of the mill zone/read out of shot-gun. Maybe Cleveland needs to look at the scheme.....If he can throw, then have an offense that features that. Cleveland has tons of talent on this years team and it is up to the head coach to find a scheme that fits that talent.

He has got plenty around him. What the heck does it matter if he can throw it on a rope during warm-ups. No doubt Alcoa was the better team but if he is such an outstanding QB, why not throw it? They were just running a run of the mill zone/read out of shot-gun. Maybe Cleveland needs to look at the scheme.....If he can throw, then have an offense that features that. Cleveland has tons of talent on this years team and it is up to the head coach to find a scheme that fits that talent.

Doesn't matter who he has around him Warhorse, if the line cannot keep him from getting sacked everytime, there is not much he can do. I dont care if he has jerry rice and lynn swann to throw to. His line DID NOT give him ANY pass protection, it was easy to see that.

this is about the dumbest thing I've read on here, I don't care how good a qb is or how strong his arm is he can't throw it from his back, which is where he was on just about every attempt.

3 Plays Made This Game:

1.) Trick Play Double Pass for the game's first TD by Oggs-to-Wall-to-Dean

2.) Oggs 3rd & Long 50+ yard run that set up Hambrick's 4 yard TD run

3.) Hambrick's 50 yard punt return for a TD

Outside of these plays it is a 0-0 game :thumb:

I'd love to play poker with some of the people that have recently posted, especially howdiitknow2......you'd be living in a cardboard box. :thumb:

From Maryville holding starters in the jamboree to to the play calling from Alcoa and Maryville game Sat night, there has been A LOT held back from both teams. I have watched enough from both teams in the practices and scrimmages to know that play calling was very limited. Especially after Alcoa went up 21-0. If you think running up the gut or between the tackles is all their offensive, because that's all they did after getting a sizable lead.......when you'll be shock at what your see next week when Marville and Alcoa go at it. Alcoa will have more trick plays, Marville will have trick plays and the play books will be wide open. :popcorneater: