Clinton vs. Dobyns-Bennett

dbFAN91

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What part of TSSAA 3A region 1 district 1 do you not understand? 7 games, no choices. Got 3 dates open...those 3 dates have to match somebody elses 3 available dates. Other schools have mandatory conference games and natural rivals that eat up their available dates. Further, not all coaches across the state are just begging to add DB to their slate of conference games and rivalry games. Not to mention, not all teams travel as well as others...so when you travel to their place it costs a fortune and when you host a team that only brings 25 moms and the coaches girlfriend, it doesn't do much to fund the non revenue producing sports.

It's not as simple as just picking up the phone and dialing up Maryville, Riverdale and MBA and telling them to meet you out behind bowling alley after school. We are very fortunate to have the good quality out of conference games that we have. I miss Oak Ridge... and the 2 games with MBA were as fine as H.S. Football gets but travel toNashvegas and a motel bill for a hundred was costly and got worse when they came to Kingsport with about 100 fans.

Ya know, it might just be that ol' wiggles needs to get his team to invest a little bit of time and effort into becoming more competitive??? Just a thought.

ol' wiggles team is the mighty wildcats of Oak Ridge so more competitive.... I think not, and I don't think you better question our schedule. Somehow Mike Mullins (our AD) seemed to be able to schedule some competitive games....just sayin.

Dragons in an upset! Lol....sorry guys, I thought everyone needed a good laugh!

I don't really think this will be the blowout that everybody is predicting. DB still has some questions to be answered, QB?, defensive backfield? turnovers? And I just don't believe Clinton is as down as people say. We will see.

ol' wiggles team is the mighty wildcats of Oak Ridge so more competitive.... I think not, and I don't think you better question our schedule. Somehow Mike Mullins (our AD) seemed to be able to schedule some competitive games....just sayin.

Again, I say that Farragut seems to be about an equal opponent to DB's opening opponent, although they might be softened up a bit now for the wiggly one! As for the Maryville date, y'all dumped us for them. Guess I should be bitter as the jilted lover??? Either way, that's bout all you get to choose, rest is done for you, just like us. I stand behind our out of district schedule...not sure who you would have us play? I'll not question OR schedule, never have. If you can convince the gurus that created this messed up districting and playoff nonsense to fix it, I would be a happy man...til that happens, pls cast blame where it belongs.

I will say, I'm truly shocked at your team affiliation. Never had to defend our program to a true 'Cat before...just sayin.

Dragons in an upset! Lol....sorry guys, I thought everyone needed a good laugh!

At least you can be humorous about it, and not take it too seriously Dragon92 :) Need more guys and people overall on here and in life like that! I can say one thing about you. You stick by your team, and i respect that!

Edited by SweetScience

At least you can be humorous about it, and not take it too seriously Dragon92 :) Need more guys and people overall on here and in life like that! I can say one thing about you. You stick by your team, and i respect that!

I was upset when we lost last week Science, but some people really do take it too seriously. Its just a game. These kids work hard all yr round and people shouldn't get on here and talk about them like they do. These kids are playing a game and trying to have fun.

Your right SS. I stick by my Dragons through thick and thin. 10-0 or 0-10...i will be at every game cheering them on. :thumb:

Again, I say that Farragut seems to be about an equal opponent to DB's opening opponent, although they might be softened up a bit now for the wiggly one! As for the Maryville date, y'all dumped us for them. Guess I should be bitter as the jilted lover??? Either way, that's bout all you get to choose, rest is done for you, just like us. I stand behind our out of district schedule...not sure who you would have us play? I'll not question OR schedule, never have. If you can convince the gurus that created this messed up districting and playoff nonsense to fix it, I would be a happy man...til that happens, pls cast blame where it belongs.

I will say, I'm truly shocked at your team affiliation. Never had to defend our program to a true 'Cat before...just sayin.

I am a true cat...born and raised. If you look at my previous post you'll see that I clearly said everytime I have been at your first class facility, DB fans always have the same thing to say. Really, we are on point here, I have a great respect for your school, and especially your fans, just not your schedule. As a true cat, it IS frustrating to hear DB folks comparing wins/loses with other teams that clearly play much harder schedule wether it's DB's fault or not.

Maybe Boise State is stuck with their schedule as well... but that still doesn't make them a BCS team.

As far as a sense of humor.....golly..... can't we just get along!!!!