Greeneville at Mo West

First, Mo West has a very good team. They were simply more physical than Greeneville tonight. Both teams have great defenses and kickers with strong legs, so there were a ton of FG attempts.

A couple big mistakes really hurt Greeneville offensively. The interception in the end zone and the block in the back on a running play that would have given Greeneville the ball around the 5 really cost them tonight. Regardless, the Greeneville offense was no existent tonight. They have a lot of work to do on offense. But, that is why you play a tough non conference schedule to let you know.

The good news for Greeneville is, I honestly don’t think they will play any 4A teams that are at the level of this Morristown West team. They are going to win a lot of games in 5A in my opinion. Greeneville now has an off week to get healthy and get the offense going.

Great game Morristown West, you were the better team tonight.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's how my day got started.... My dog got ran over by a school bus in front of my children, I got a speeding ticket going 55 in a school zone. My wife told me is leaving me for a midget, my car was stolen while paying for a full tank of gas, my wallet was picked off at the mall, the Novocaine wore off 10 minutes into my root canal, and I got a text saying I was losing my job to the same midget that was sleeping with my wife. But after this crappy day I'm smiling ear to ear.... because Greeneville lost.

Thank you Morristown West!

darn, that described my day too! Freakin midgets....but God love the Trojans!

ANYTIME GHS gets beat I am ecstatic! I can't wait to see Alcoa absolutely throttle them.

You jack wads from GREENEVILLE get on here and run your mouths and teoem want to whine about class. Please

We have a few fans who run their mouth too much on here like every other team does, but that doesn't mean the team or the rest of the fans are like that. With your comments, how are you any different?

I am very proud of the Greene Devils. They just had their 16 game winning streak broken by a very good team.

That whole off season and you dont even make it to Alcoa?

*smh*

You aren’t going to hear any trash talk from me. Greeneville still has a very good team, but they have a lot of work to do.

This year’s Morristown West team reminds me of the old Mo West teams from about 7-10 years ago. They are big, strong, and athletic. While they likely aren’t at Alcoa’s level, they should at least give Greeneville a better idea of what they will face against Alcoa. I’m still looking forward to the Greeneville vs. Alcoa game, but we better get the offense going quickly. The defense will get a boost soon when two starters return. Regardless of the outcome of this game or the Alcoa game, this tough non-conference schedule will only help Greeneville during the playoffs.

Teoem? Go back to Jeff county...dumb b!tch

This is the exact attitude that makes people dislike greeneville. I am the type of person who gives credit where it's due, and last year G'ville had a reason to be cocky...but after watching the SHHS game and then seeing MW beat them tonight-they have nothing to be cocky or brag about, unless u count beating SG, WG, & CD by 20+ an accomplishment...

This is the exact attitude that makes people dislike greeneville. I am the type of person who gives credit where it's due, and last year G'ville had a reason to be cocky...but after watching the SHHS game and then seeing MW beat them tonight-they have nothing to be cocky or brag about, unless u count beating SG, WG, & CD by 20+ an accomplishment...

One loss doesn’t mean that Greeneville isn’t a good team. So far, they have scrimmaged Maryville and DB. They have played 6A Science Hill and a very impressive 5A Morristown West. They also have one 6A team and Alcoa left to play before they get to the conference. There aren’t too many 4A teams who are going to look great against those caliber teams. This will only make Greeneville better. This Greeneville team is more like the team from 2 years ago, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing (that team finished Runner Up, but had a chance to win). They will have to work harder than last year, but they still have enough talent to get there. The first thing they have to do is get healthy.