MBA vs. Trinity

Custer

Trinity is a talented, extremely well coached team that plays hard. I feel they will win this one easily, but the score will be closer than the BA trinity game. I think the 45:7 score reflected more on the way of how BA played compared to how much better trinity was than BA.

Trinity is a talented, extremely well coached team that plays hard. I feel they will win this one easily, but the score will be closer than the BA trinity game. I think the 45:7 score reflected more on the way of how BA played compared to how much better trinity was than BA.

Trinity is as good a high school team as I have seen in a long time. I think they will win by 2-3 touchdowns...35-17.

BA gave up too many big plays to keep the score close and the pick 6 was a killer. MBA will have to do a much better job of coverage on kickoffs and punts than BA did and eliminate turnovers to stay in the game.

Good Luck MBA....

I am pretty sure the Big Red is treating this like the next game on the schedule. The game film from the BA game will help them prepare and the first win helped their confidence. It also solidified many positions including QB. You can bet they will be well prepared and will try an execute their game plan.

I heard there were more fans in the stands last Friday night at BA from KY than TN so Trinity at home will be more than tough. Still it is hard to believe any HS team from Kentucky can be so highly ranked. I would be more worried if the team was from say Alabama, Texas, or Florida.

Rest assured there is no quite in this Big Red team.

I am pretty sure the Big Red is treating this like the next game on the schedule. The game film from the BA game will help them prepare and the first win helped their confidence. It also solidified many positions including QB. You can bet they will be well prepared and will try an execute their game plan.

I heard there were more fans in the stands last Friday night at BA from KY than TN so Trinity at home will be more than tough. Still it is hard to believe any HS team from Kentucky can be so highly ranked. I would be more worried if the team was from say Alabama, Texas, or Florida.

Trinity,St.X,Highlands, and Male have been nationally(or regionally) ranked, on-and-off, for the last 20-30 years. The rest of KY is awful. Trinity is the real deal this year.

The day you see 30,000+ fans in the stands for a Tennessee high school football game -- as is the case annually for the Trinity-St. X game -- is the day you will understand how big football is in Louisville. Actually, you'll get to see it up close and personally on Friday. Get ready for a long bus ride home.

Still it is hard to believe any HS team from Kentucky can be so highly ranked. I would be more worried if the team was from say Alabama, Texas, or Florida.

Guess you were shocked when the KY-TN HS all star series ended because of KY domination. If memory serves me right KY won all but 2 all star games with TN since the turn of the century.

Be worried, T will most likely win this game easily by several scores.

Edited by ToothPick

Trinity,St.X,Highlands, and Male have been nationally(or regionally) ranked, on-and-off, for the last 20-30 years. The rest of KY is awful. Trinity is the real deal this year.

Small school wise Mayfield has had its way with both Trousdale County and Milan beating both in years where they were state champs. KY and TN are actually pretty even though KY has been better the last 10-12 years, which is suprising given TN's larger population.

Trinity travelled well, but there were not more KY fans than TN . . . at least not until the 4th quarter.

Good luck MBA -- I'd love to see a win!

Looks like Toothpick and Moondog forget that MBA leads Trinity 3-1 in this match-up. In fact the Big Red have a pretty good track record against KY teams in general:

Opponent W L

Hopkinsville (KY) 3 1

Louisville Manual (KY) 2 1

Louisville St. Xavier (KY) 1 1

Louisville Trinity (KY) 3 1

Paducah Tilghman (KY) 1 1

Paul Dunbar (KY) 1 0

Warren Central (KY) 3 1

Good luck to the Big Red! I predict MBA will continue to lead this series regardless of who wins...

Trinity travelled well, but there were not more KY fans than TN . . . at least not until the 4th quarter.

Good luck MBA -- I'd love to see a win!

Keys to the game Friday night will be mistakes, turnovers, the kicking game and pass protection. MBA did not have a major mistake against Kingsbury and caused turnovers. They need the same type of performance. The Pick 6 against BA sparked Trinity. Also BA's interceptions killed two drives. BA is better than what they showed.

MBA's kicking game will be important in determining field position. They don't need to start deep in their own territory. Against Kingsbury, they started several of their drives around the 40. MBA's place kicker was effective Friday night, although they did not try a field goal. The kick off person had several kicks to the 10 yard line and appears capable of kicking the ball into the end zone. The punter was untested but has potential. Trinity is good in all kicking departments.

Finally, the O line will need to give the QB time to find the open receiver. The QB looked comfortable in the pocket and on the roll out going 10 for 12, but will need time to do the job again.

The local paper had the Big Red ranked 7th in Division II and not even ranked in the top 10 teams in the mid-state. That is the perfect place to pull an upset Friday night.

MBA 28 Trinity 27.

The day you see 30,000+ fans in the stands for a Tennessee high school football game -- as is the case annually for the Trinity-St. X game -- is the day you will understand how big football is in Louisville. Actually, you'll get to see it up close and personally on Friday. Get ready for a long bus ride home.

Classy post.

Louisville has no major league sports teams. UL and horse racing are it. That leaves HS football. Different market. Two perenially dominant teams with little competition statewide. Competition in Kentucky leaves much to be desired.

Over the last 10 years, Trinity is 6-9 vs. out of state opponents while winning 8 Kentucky state titles in its largest classification.

Trinity is 1-3 vs. MBA all time.

MBA will have to play their best game to win this year. Here's hoping they do. Roll Red!