Smith County travels to Livingston Academy

scooter

This is always a game marked on my schedule..well they all are but this is LA and Smith County. Nobody has to say big game. Its early season and both teams are trying to improve from their last game. If LA can stop the run as I feel they can stop the pass, and stay on offense while minimizing penalties they have a great chance to win. I know thats pretty vanilla but football aint rocket science...Just taking care of business. I have been wrong about this game more than once over the last 10 years but I believe again LA will win. Just gonna buy a ticket and find out! Lookin forward to seeing ILHSF and RC.

GO HOG-EYE!!!

I was wrong again. Smith County made the right adjustments at half and the bigs up front and depth was the difference. Good game just not the outcome I wanted. Good luck to SC the rest of the way.

ILHSF...good to see you tonight! You are right, thats why they play the game.

Well there is next year..lol! GO BIG BLUE!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

I was wrong again. Smith County made the right adjustments at half and the bigs up front and depth was the difference. Good game just not the outcome I wanted. Good luck to SC the rest of the way.

ILHSF...good to see you tonight! You are right, thats why they play the game.

Well there is next year..lol! GO BIG BLUE!

Good game to watch. Good jobs Owls. The coaches did make good adjustments. The owls looked some better this week. Keep improving.

Good luck to LA. Always a classy bunch.

Edited by Termite

Well another year and another Smith Co. win. I think the LA faithful thought this would be the year LA would start a win streak over Smith Co. but it didn't happen. Maynord's dominance over the cats continues. Wasn't impressed with either team's offense. I think LA had 19 yards in the second half. That's pretty bad. Smith Co. offense wasn't very impressive either. Coach Maynord just decided in the second half that they could ram it down LA's throat and that is exactly what they did. Smith Co. defense was really good. As someone said earlier on this thread, there's always next year. But LA has been saying that for several years and the Maynord/SC streak rolls on.

Guest Termite

I don't know what was said at half time, but it had an effect. In the 2nd half SC just run it down their throats and I don't believe LA made it past the 50...

They did make some good adjustments. Got the line tuned up a little, and I noticed #25 was used more in the 2nd half.