Humboldt @ Jo Byrns

Shep

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see more of aaron vinson #3 and frankie running, as defenses will key more on brandon and frankie. If the team doesn't beat themselves it will be a good game, and maybe even a win for jb.

They certainly should have built some confidence after the East Game. This game will be a good indicator of where the red devils are compared to last year.

How will this game compare to last yrs team

To see if they are better,or just as good as last years team I think is what she's saying. I personally don't think they are better than last years team on defense,but I think we can be by the time playoffs roll around.

I want to see more #3 on the field.

Edited by RedDevil88

Wow, I'm surprised by the SF score! Is SF that good? I know they came on strong toward the end of last year but the QB got hurt; right?

Kinda hard to gauge South Fulton right now.They lost to West Carrol,a team that a lot of yall saw play Wayne co in the jamboree.And when you look at the Humboldt-Milan score you think Humboldt must be the real deal.So not sure.The Red Devils have an excellent quarterback and a big running back about 260 lbs in Tatum but I think they lost a couple players to Union city.So not sure about South Fulton as of yet.

Edited by mrbigster

Humboldt held South Fulton to 15 yards rushing the 1st half and led 21-0. The Vikings were banged up after the loss to Milan and had sveral players not practice all week. The Vikings were sluggish on offense in the second half. They moved the ball deep into South Fulton territory several times but did not finsh the drives. They missed two field goals. South Fulton scored on two deep passes over a sophomore corner that would not have been in the game if not for an injury. Humboldt has a lot of work and healing to do this week if they are to compete with Jo Byrns. The Humboldt defense is SOLID. The offense has yet to be dominant.

To see if they are better,or just as good as last years team I think is what she's saying. I personally don't think they are better than last years team on defense,but I think we can be by the time playoffs roll around.

I want to see more #3 on the field.

still don't see how this coming fri nights game is gonna compare to last yrs team or any other yr ,,,do i personally think jb is as good as they were at this time last yr NO but they could inprove and be better than last yrs team who know's time will tell,,,

I think this years team is better on offense. We lost players in 2 key positions on offense. offense: FB Johnny smith, and TE michael yates. You may say well those positions dont get the ball and score, but against defenses they are both 1 on 1 blocking positions, and if they arent executed properly the whole play is a mess.

Me too!!! I still think we'll have to play better than we have all year but like you said, I like our chances a lot better. The rctimes article says JB gave up 23 yards of offense after ER scored their first TD! That's more like it!

Moto, let me ask you a question. Our kicking game at South Pittsburg is not great. I have been telling Grider that he needs to train those boys to lift their leg up above their head when they are learning to kick the football. I was listening Friday night and when those boys would kick the balls, it sounded like a dud. How much air pressure does that Adkins man at Joe Byrns keep in his balls? I think Grider needs to add some air to ours so that when our boys kick it, the ball will go further and higher. You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

Moto, let me ask you a question. Our kicking game at South Pittsburg is not great. I have been telling Grider that he needs to train those boys to lift their leg up above their head when they are learning to kick the football. I was listening Friday night and when those boys would kick the balls, it sounded like a dud. How much air pressure does that Adkins man at Joe Byrns keep in his balls? I think Grider needs to add some air to ours so that when our boys kick it, the ball will go further and higher. You think im joking but im not.

13psi