Alcoa @ AE

BCsportsfan

I'm not hating on Alcoa...I have tremendous respect for what they've done the past 8 years...I'm just saying they seem mortal this year, but Alcoa fans don't want to admit it...they were predicting 10 to 15 straight Gold Balls on this site...a 24-7 beat down by AE was not a fluke...Milan's 1st team D hasn't given up a point either, so it looks like things could get interesting in Cookville this December...and did none of AE's points come against the F5 D?

How about 400 yard of Offense for Alcoa....only 80 for AE.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont recall anyone saying Alcoa is going to play smash mouth football this year. That would be kinda silly since our tail backs are 5'10" 160lbs at the most. The days of Lindsey, Shiverdecker, Warren and Tyson are behind us......for now. Alcoa is back to playing "speed ball" like we did in the 90s. The only problem is we've run up against two teams (maryville & AE) that are just as fast or pursue the ball extremely well and unless you change things up on offense (which both games we refused to), you're gonna get beat.

Hate on Alcoa all you want but take out the Maryville game and the first string defense has yet to yield a score to anyone. Defense wins championships.

Hey goddardfield......you ot'ta come to the practices! :thumb: You got quite the "fan club" with Players, Parents, Coaches, and Boosters! :flower:

Edited by BCsportsfan

Goddard, I think you're on target with your "mountain" metaphor. Alcoa seems to be down around the side of the mountain with a handful of other teams now--welcome to our world; it isn't that bad really. It doesn't surprise me, though, that some other posters on here are doing verbal back-flips and jabbing you Alcoa guys as much as they can. There were some Alcoa posters--not you--but you probably know whom I'm talking about--who have been less than gracious while their team was at the top of the mountain. Sometimes you're the hammer; sometimes you're the nail--best to remember that when you're the hammer. I guess for some of those guys they got so used to being the hammer they forgot what it's like to be the nail. It's telling that I haven't seen them post much if anything since the loss to AE; if they turn out to be fair weather fans, Alcoa will be better off without them.

CAK's Warriors2011 says: "Alcoa seems to be down around the side of the mountain with a handful of other teams now--welcome to our world; it isn't that bad really. It doesn't surprise me Sometimes you're the hammer; sometimes you're the nail"

Thanks! That just as it reads on the Alcoa locker room wall! :thumb:

Hey goddardfield......you ot'ta come to the practices! :thumb: You got quite the "fan club" with Players, Parents, Coaches, and Boosters! :flower:

I personally hope it lights a fire under the players and coaches and they prove me wrong. I really could care less about the parents or boosters though. "MOST" (key word) of them will be gone when Little Jimmy graduates and moves on to something else.

I'm not hating on Alcoa...I have tremendous respect for what they've done the past 8 years...I'm just saying they seem mortal this year, but Alcoa fans don't want to admit it...they were predicting 10 to 15 straight Gold Balls on this site...a 24-7 beat down by AE was not a fluke...Milan's 1st team D hasn't given up a point either, so it looks like things could get interesting in Cookville this December...and did none of AE's points come against the F5 D?

As the old saying goes, believe have of what you read and nothing of what you hear. If possible, go watch teams..any team, Alcoa, Maryville, Greeneville...and then when you come back on here you'll notices that most...not all...but most of the stuff spouted off on here is BS. One reason why Im so unpopular here. I tell it just like I see it.

Edited by GoddardField

Congrats to Turtle and the Austin East Roadrunners on a hard fought win! :thumb: That AE defense definitely came ready to play! I was very impressed with #9 and #10. Hopefully, we will meet up again in the playoffs. Good luck till then.........................

thank you for 'F5seekshelter' you have class but your friend 'Bc' needs some help how about you teach him how to take a loss like a man :thumb:

CAK's Warriors2011 says: "Alcoa seems to be down around the side of the mountain with a handful of other teams now--welcome to our world; it isn't that bad really. It doesn't surprise me Sometimes you're the hammer; sometimes you're the nail"

Thanks! That just as it reads on the Alcoa locker room wall! :thumb:

Amen, brother. Whatever that means. :flower:

I think it means that your CAK Warriors have never beaten the Tornadoes and you are feeding a flame that your Warriors really dont want you to feed!!! :hungry: Just sayin..... :thumb:

Oh...do you guys take the things you see on here and print them out and give them to the Alcoa players? Are they really that hard up for motivation? Come on; you have to be kidding if you expect me to believe that your mighty F5 needs to read something some old goober like me posts on a silly message board like this in order to get fired up. Surely the Alcoa coaches can motivate their players without my aimless ramblings on here. "My" Warriors might or might not beat Alcoa this year--the CAK defense certainly will have to improve in order to have a chance (see how a grownup can be realistic about his team's chances--you guys should try it some time like Goddard does). But whether CAK beats Alcoa or not, you guys are fooling yourselves if you think this year's Alcoa team is as good, or will be as dominant of other teams, as last year's team. And the only world in which my words, taken out of context by your buddy BC, will serve as any serious "motivation" for Alcoa players is in your own little fantasy world. But anyway, it's a free country--you guys get back to your fun and read my silly stuff to your players to "feed that flame" if that's what you want to do with your time.

I think it means that your CAK Warriors have never beat the Tornadoes and you are feeding a flame that your Warriors really dont want you to feed!!! :hungry: Just sayin..... :thumb:

Here's a thought for you to ponder: when you and BC get on here and predict without any doubt another state title, or a huge victory over Alcoa's next victim, are you "feeding a flame" too? Hmmmm. I think you guys "fed the flame" for AE and "your" Tornadoes got burned! Ouch! Are you guys who did so much trash talk on here before the game going to take any of the blame? For "feeding the flame" and getting AE all riled up? Yes? Or no? Wasn't it at least partly your fault? For feeding the flame? I smell a hypocrite.

Here's a thought for you to ponder: when you and BC get on here and predict without any doubt another state title, or a huge victory over Alcoa's next victim, are you "feeding a flame" too? Hmmmm. I think you guys "fed the flame" for AE and "your" Tornadoes got burned! Ouch! Are you guys who did so much trash talk on here before the game going to take any of the blame? For "feeding the flame" and getting AE all riled up? Yes? Or no? Wasn't it at least partly your fault? For feeding the flame? I smell a hypocrite.

Nope. No hypocrite here. My predictions definitely can feed flames. I am sure both players and coaches print bulletin board material from time to time. However, I usually base my predictions on the previous years matchups.... :thumb: When you get on here and compare nails to hammers, it seems like you are talking as if your team has actually done something in the past against the F5. So, my comment was simply to establish what BC meant by his post that you simply stated you did not understand from where he was coming. Personally, I like it when you guys feed the flame. It makes both victories at the end of the year so much more fun! :roflol:

See ya at the end of October! :thumb:

Edited by F5seekshelter

Nope. No hypocrite here. My predictions definitely can feed flames. I am sure both players and coaches print bulletin board material from time to time. However, I usually base my predictions on the previous years matchups.... :thumb: When you get on here and compare nails to hammers, it seems like you are talking as if your team has actually done something in the past against the F5. So, my comment was simply to establish what BC meant by his post that you simply stated you did not understand from where he was coming. Personally, I like it when you guys feed the flame. It makes both victories at the end of the year so much more fun! :roflol:

Well you guys need to go back and take some reading comprehension classes. If you'll go back and re-read my original post (which I know you won't because you're rolling on floor laughing out loud like a teenager), the "hammer/nail" metaphor was talking about POSTERS on this message board who get all haughty when their team happens to be slaughtering everybody, and have a less than gracious attitude that suggests they don't know what it's like to be "the nail." Can't you guys separate the FAN from the TEAM when the context clearly indicates I was talking about posters, like you and BC, just to name a couple of examples, who are VERY accustomed to their team being the "hammer" and are now having to eat of the same humble pie that most of the rest of the world partakes of on a regular basis? Come on..any grownup could tell that my post was about the importance of being a gracious winner because everybody loses every now and then. It's pretty juvenile to take that sort of post and try to distort it into bulletin board material. Are you sure you guys are old enough to be on this board? :lol:

Edited by Warriors2011