Alcoa @ AE

BCsportsfan

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right here! You might as well pile on now while you can. :rolleyes: Alcoa still has 12 championships ans 7 straight! How many does the the lil green men have??? Alcoa's first loss in division since 2003! That's 8 years! Greeneville?....well there's that 10-0 beating Betsy put on the green devils 2 years ago! :roflolk:

Alcoa is STILL the team to beat for 3A state championship! :thumb:

hahahah how did I know that you go back to that ol' state championship trash?? How about for once you finally dont talk trash and give some props to those roadrunners you said would get cooked. And for ye complie'ments on dem lil ol' Green beans.... well ye cee dey gonna meet up show nough and we's gonna settle dis ol lil score, wa ye say?? wenner takes all da moon pies?? :roflol: Good luck to the "F-5" an dem lil green boys, de the best win!!

the f-5 will re-group. feel sorry for their next opponent. congrats AE you did what milan and alot of other teams couldn't do. i'm not gonna say it was a fluke but just saying if ya'll meet again i would still put my money on the f-5.

To be honest, Milan and a lot of other teams played a much bigger beast of an Alcoa team. Its like Hillsboro or Mo West victory over Maryville years before. Climbing the mountain is fun, being at the top is great...eventually though you gotta start your way down it. Just depends on how "fast" you decide you want to go down it.

To be honest, Milan and a lot of other teams played a much bigger beast of an Alcoa team. Its like Hillsboro or Mo West victory over Maryville years before. Climbing the mountain is fun, being at the top is great...eventually though you gotta start your way down it. Just depends on how "fast" you decide you want to go down it.

Goddard, I think you're on target with your "mountain" metaphor. Alcoa seems to be down around the side of the mountain with a handful of other teams now--welcome to our world; it isn't that bad really. It doesn't surprise me, though, that some other posters on here are doing verbal back-flips and jabbing you Alcoa guys as much as they can. There were some Alcoa posters--not you--but you probably know whom I'm talking about--who have been less than gracious while their team was at the top of the mountain. Sometimes you're the hammer; sometimes you're the nail--best to remember that when you're the hammer. I guess for some of those guys they got so used to being the hammer they forgot what it's like to be the nail. It's telling that I haven't seen them post much if anything since the loss to AE; if they turn out to be fair weather fans, Alcoa will be better off without them.

Goddard, I think you're on target with your "mountain" metaphor. Alcoa seems to be down around the side of the mountain with a handful of other teams now--welcome to our world; it isn't that bad really. It doesn't surprise me, though, that some other posters on here are doing verbal back-flips and jabbing you Alcoa guys as much as they can. There were some Alcoa posters--not you--but you probably know whom I'm talking about--who have been less than gracious while their team was at the top of the mountain. Sometimes you're the hammer; sometimes you're the nail--best to remember that when you're the hammer. I guess for some of those guys they got so used to being the hammer they forgot what it's like to be the nail. It's telling that I haven't seen them post much if anything since the loss to AE; if they turn out to be fair weather fans, Alcoa will be better off without them.

For the most part I take this all in fun and enjoy stirring the pot on here a lot. Every team has "those fans" and if you cant take getting hassled when you lose then you shouldnt be talking when you're winning. I noticed on a certain Alcoa facebook page that some people have taken "stabs" or "offense" to some of the Alcoa fans leaving before the AE game was over. Making comments like "Ill always be there for the boys when they come off the field" and thing about true fans staying...Which really, is quite funny because I dont remember seeing most of those people when we were 11-4 in 03, 3-7 in 02 or 6-6 in 99....So as someone that's missed 3 Alcoa games in 14 years I just laugh off fair weather fans.

live in the present...the past is the past...Alcoa is 2-2...won their 1st game on a kick return and a trick play...and got a beat down by AE...what happened to Alcoa "smash mouth" football...

I dont recall anyone saying Alcoa is going to play smash mouth football this year. That would be kinda silly since our tail backs are 5'10" 160lbs at the most. The days of Lindsey, Shiverdecker, Warren and Tyson are behind us......for now. Alcoa is back to playing "speed ball" like we did in the 90s. The only problem is we've run up against two teams (maryville & AE) that are just as fast or pursue the ball extremely well and unless you change things up on offense (which both games we refused to), you're gonna get beat.

Hate on Alcoa all you want but take out the Maryville game and the first string defense has yet to yield a score to anyone. Defense wins championships.

I dont recall anyone saying Alcoa is going to play smash mouth football this year. That would be kinda silly since our tail backs are 5'10" 160lbs at the most. The days of Lindsey, Shiverdecker, Warren and Tyson are behind us......for now. Alcoa is back to playing "speed ball" like we did in the 90s. The only problem is we've run up against two teams (maryville & AE) that are just as fast or pursue the ball extremely well and unless you change things up on offense (which both games we refused to), you're gonna get beat.

Hate on Alcoa all you want but take out the Maryville game and the first string defense has yet to yield a score to anyone. Defense wins championships.

I'm not hating on Alcoa...I have tremendous respect for what they've done the past 8 years...I'm just saying they seem mortal this year, but Alcoa fans don't want to admit it...they were predicting 10 to 15 straight Gold Balls on this site...a 24-7 beat down by AE was not a fluke...Milan's 1st team D hasn't given up a point either, so it looks like things could get interesting in Cookville this December...and did none of AE's points come against the F5 D?

Edited by cofo