Alcoa @ AE

BCsportsfan

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike the Chuck Jones animation where the Roadrunner always seems to escape the clever traps set by Wile E. Coyote, this game will be more like the Tazmanian Devil spinning himself into an F5 and eating everything in site. I'm sure AE will give a good effort but I don't believe they have enough ammo to seriously threaten the Tornadoes. An interesting sidebar will be to see how Oggs, the AE transfer to Alcoa, handles this game.

Alcoa should win this one going away, but I will say that AE is certainly getting battle tested early this year and should be a tough opponent for most other 3A teams when playoffs come around. That is if their record is good enough to get them into the playoffs by years end.

Good luck to both teams for an injury free game. :thumb:

Not accusing anyone of anything but whats the discipline like of the AE football team? Is Oggs still "friendly" with that side of the field? Im just wanting to make sure there's not any bad blood or ill will so to speak for him transferring and end up possibly losing a play maker.

He was interviewed on TV the other night at the AE/Fulton game, which he attended in an Alcoa shirt, presumably to watch his former AE teammates. If there was much "bad blood," it would have probably manifested itself when he showed up at that game. A more interesting question in my mind is why did he transfer? Maybe that question has been answered elsewhere and I just missed the answer. Did his family move to Alcoa or is he an out-of-zone player? And, no, I'm not trying to stir up a heated debate about whether Alcoa "recruits" players or has a lot of out-of-zone players; I'm just curious what category he falls into.

He was interviewed on TV the other night at the AE/Fulton game, which he attended in an Alcoa shirt, presumably to watch his former AE teammates. If there was much "bad blood," it would have probably manifested itself when he showed up at that game. A more interesting question in my mind is why did he transfer? Maybe that question has been answered elsewhere and I just missed the answer. Did his family move to Alcoa or is he an out-of-zone player? And, no, I'm not trying to stir up a heated debate about whether Alcoa "recruits" players or has a lot of out-of-zone players; I'm just curious what category he falls into.

Certainly not the same zone your recently "aquired" linemen came from.

Certainly not the same zone your recently "aquired" linemen came from.

Can't a person ask a simple question without you getting defensive? I'm just curious what the back story is regarding the player.

And I'm not sure I'm interpreting your statement correctly, but if I'm correct in assuming which two linemen you're talking about, one transferred from Fulton--my impression is it was motivated by school and football considerations, although you'd have to ask him or his family to be sure; the other transferred from Grace, which doesn't really have a "zone," although with Grace's probation issues it certainly would be understandable why a player might want to transfer.

As I said in my post, I'm not interested in starting the tired old debate about whether Alcoa "recruits" (you might have missed that disclaimer that was right there in my post). No doubt a lot of schools encourage good players to come to their programs. I'm just curious if the player in question's family moved to Alcoa or whether he's having to come all the way from East Knoxville to school every day, which would be quite a commitment.

Now, can I have an answer to my simple question? Or are you gonna continue to be surly about it? ;)

Edited by Warriors2011

Can't a person ask a simple question without you getting defensive? I'm just curious what the back story is regarding the player.

And I'm not sure I'm interpreting your statement correctly, but if I'm correct in assuming which two linemen you're talking about, one transferred from Fulton--my impression is it was motivated by school and football considerations, although you'd have to ask him or his family to be sure; the other transferred from Grace, which doesn't really have a "zone," although with Grace's probation issues it certainly would be understandable why a player might want to transfer.

As I said in my post, I'm not interested in starting the tired old debate about whether Alcoa "recruits" (you might have missed that disclaimer that was right there in my post). No doubt a lot of schools encourage good players to come to their programs. I'm just curious if the player in question's family moved to Alcoa or whether he's having to come all the way from East Knoxville to school every day, which would be quite a commitment.

Now, can I have an answer to my simple question? Or are you gonna continue to be surly about it? ;)

I have been told that Mr. Oggs and his family have moved into the Springbrook area(which i beieve is in the city of Alcoa)close to the pool..The reason he transfered i have no clue, but i would say he wanted to win a championship and maybe get noticed..

Looks like Alcoa put it on Loudon in the final 3 quarters, Seems like they were a little more balanced before the game became a blowout, Passing the ball 15 times in 1 half is a lot for Alcoa.

Goddardfield: I saw that Wall threw a INT, Do you think if Rankin came out and tried to open up the passing game against Maryville it would have worked??? NO it wouldnt.. Wall may be great someday but he is still miles away, and Rankin knows his players

Alcoa 41

AE 6

I have been told that Mr. Oggs and his family have moved into the Springbrook area(which i beieve is in the city of Alcoa)close to the pool..The reason he transfered i have no clue, but i would say he wanted to win a championship and maybe get noticed..

Thanks for the info. Although AE has at various times had a strong program, I would say that, given where the AE program seems to be right now, his chances of winning a championship and getting noticed are much better at his new school.

Looks like Alcoa put it on Loudon in the final 3 quarters, Seems like they were a little more balanced before the game became a blowout, Passing the ball 15 times in 1 half is a lot for Alcoa.

Goddardfield: I saw that Wall threw a INT, Do you think if Rankin came out and tried to open up the passing game against Maryville it would have worked??? NO it wouldnt.. Wall may be great someday but he is still miles away, and Rankin knows his players

Alcoa 41

AE 6

yes...again, it's not rocket surgery. Unless you're greatly dominate over another team you have to pass to open up the run and vice versa