Alcoa @ AE

BCsportsfan

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't a person ask a simple question without you getting defensive? I'm just curious what the back story is regarding the player.

And I'm not sure I'm interpreting your statement correctly, but if I'm correct in assuming which two linemen you're talking about, one transferred from Fulton--my impression is it was motivated by school and football considerations, although you'd have to ask him or his family to be sure; the other transferred from Grace, which doesn't really have a "zone," although with Grace's probation issues it certainly would be understandable why a player might want to transfer.

As I said in my post, I'm not interested in starting the tired old debate about whether Alcoa "recruits" (you might have missed that disclaimer that was right there in my post). No doubt a lot of schools encourage good players to come to their programs. I'm just curious if the player in question's family moved to Alcoa or whether he's having to come all the way from East Knoxville to school every day, which would be quite a commitment.

Now, can I have an answer to my simple question? Or are you gonna continue to be surly about it? ;)

LOL! Of course Oggs family had to move into Alcoa or he would not be eligible this season by TSSAA rule. But you already knew that, right? So, please tell me again why you made your post?

yes...again, it's not rocket surgery. Unless you're greatly dominate over another team you have to pass to open up the run and vice versa

Just checking with ya gfield. I think the alcoa passing game could be special if the had a guy come in with a great knowledge of passing like rankin has of running,then 2 great football minds would have them balanced and untouchable ..IMO

With schools only 5 miles apart in a city where it's hard to know where the Maryville line starts and Alcoa line ends......plus the success of both teams, has created a lot of respect for each other.

Hi BCsportsfan you know your postings would look better with the 10 trophy on there! LOL :thumb:

GO ALCOA!! :thumb:

Edited by warhawks