Alcoa @ AE

BCsportsfan

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa and Maryville are rivals but at least their fans get along. Alcoa and CAK fans seem to just hate each other.

I've been apart of this rivalry for 4 years and feel just the opposite. I know the CAK fans highly respect Alcoa and what they have accomplished. I have several Tornado friends and enjoy talking football with them. In fact, they come watch CAK when they can and I do likewise with Alcoa. The Warriors owe much of their recent success to the Alcoa program for setting such a high bar of success. The primary point of contention between CAK and Alcoa is the open zone, no multiplier debate. On that issue we are on opposing sides, but certainly no ill will toward Alcoa as a whole. :thumb:

Should be a good game but in the end as in by the 3rd quarter blow out by the tornadoes as far as the CAk fans most are great people there are a few that may not be but thats everywhere. In the end all that matters is the Alcoa Program so A.E. take my advice and seek shelter cause a F5 is coming your way.

got that A-E the [F5 is looming

Alcoa and Maryville are rivals but at least their fans get along. Alcoa and CAK fans seem to just hate each other.

Personally, I dont know anyone from CAK but outside of Maryville its probably the one team I have more respect for then any. I remember not too long ago their Varsity lining up against our JV team that I was a part of. To see them go from that to honestly being a state champion caliber team (if Alcoa wasnt in the road) kinda makes you proud even being on the other side. If/when the day comes that CAK does get that monkey off their back and does beat Alcoa....even if its an Alcoa team that isnt nearly as powerful as it had been...a part of me will be proud of that program.

Personally, I dont know anyone from CAK but outside of Maryville its probably the one team I have more respect for then any. I remember not too long ago their Varsity lining up against our JV team that I was a part of. To see them go from that to honestly being a state champion caliber team (if Alcoa wasnt in the road) kinda makes you proud even being on the other side. If/when the day comes that CAK does get that monkey off their back and does beat Alcoa....even if its an Alcoa team that isnt nearly as powerful as it had been...a part of me will be proud of that program.

Thanks GF, I'm happy you feel that way. There will always be a few people at any school that have a hard time appreciating what any other school is doing to become better. Especially when those schools are winning. Accusations will always fly. Alcoa plays by the rules and so does CAK. All the people that I am acquainted with that really understand and appreciate the sport of football have a very high respect for Alcoa & Maryville. Its a respect that has been earned, and its something that CAK's young football program is trying to earn as well. Alcoa is just a beast and the Warriors haven't been able to "kill the dragon". But sharpening that sword in the attempt to slay the dragon has made the Warriors a much better program than it would have been without that monumental challenge. We're looking forward to having "too hype" over to our campus this year and eventually winning a few games against Alcoa to make this thing an actual rivalry. :thumb:

Uh oh uh oh uh oh here comes the Turtle..... Honestly, I haven't been on CoachT in a little minute so something told me to come visit the site.. Now Oggs, no there's no bad blood amongst him and his former teammates.. I mean, some may be upset that he left them but I'm pretty sure they're not going to sweat it. AE knows Oggs weakness just like Oggs knows AE's weakness.. With that said, I don't think Oggs will be a factor this game. Someone stated that Oggs made AE go last year, I agree with you but isnt that what the QB supposed to do? WOW peeps wake up!!! Oggs stated 2 weeks ago to Benny Perry, AE's principal, "There will be a Tornado Watch in 2weeks" The only thing I'm going to say about that is the best of luck to you because you already know these Roadrunners not going to let you punk their principal out.. :thumb:

Now to the ballgame... AE has struggle offensively the last few games yes we all know that.. But they'll be ok. This will be the game in which their offense will shine.. Get ready for a wire to wire ballgame with AE prevailing at the end haha

no one is giving AE respect nor a chance so as the saying goes, "To be the Champ you must beat the Champ!" That's AE's goal so don't think this game will be a cake walk because it won't be.. Honestly both teams don't have a passing game so it will come down to whichever team defense steps up and stops the running game....

Edited by Turtle

Uh oh uh oh uh oh here comes the Turtle..... Honestly, I haven't been on CoachT in a little minute so something told me to come visit the site.. Now Oggs, no there's no bad blood amongst him and his former teammates.. I mean, some may be upset that he left them but I'm pretty sure they're not going to sweat it. AE knows Oggs weakness just like Oggs knows AE's weakness.. With that said, I don't think Oggs will be a factor this game. Someone stated that Oggs made AE go last year, I agree with you but isnt that what the QB supposed to do? WOW peeps wake up!!! Oggs stated 2 weeks ago to Benny Perry, AE's principal, "There will be a Tornado Watch in 2weeks" The only thing I'm going to say about that is the best of luck to you because you already know these Roadrunners not going to let you punk their principal out.. :thumb:

Now to the ballgame... AE has struggle offensively the last few games yes we all know that.. But they'll be ok. This will be the game in which their offense will shine.. Get ready for a wire to wire ballgame with AE prevailing at the end haha

no one is giving AE respect nor a chance so as the saying goes, "To be the Champ you must beat the Champ!" That's AE's goal so don't think this game will be a cake walk because it won't be.. Honestly both teams don't have a passing game so it will come down to whichever team defense steps up and stops the running game....

IMG_0700.JPG

Always wondered what a turtle wearing rose colored glasses would look like. :roflol:

Edited by F5seekshelter

edward-norton-closing-laptop.gif

no.

LOL! Of course Oggs family had to move into Alcoa or he would not be eligible this season by TSSAA rule. But you already knew that, right? So, please tell me again why you made your post?

No, I didn't know that and am not an expert on TSSAA transfer rules. But one of your fellow Alcoa fans was kind enough to answer the question for me and I thanked him for that. Sorry that my ignorance of the TSSAA rules got your dander up.