Ooltewah at Siegel

HornedOwl

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best way I can describe Siegel is, and this is a compliment to Siegel, think Riverdale in Rankins second season, but with more imagination on offense.

They will only get stronger and tougher as they progress over the years.

Also know that one of the QB's is the HC of MTSUs football team son. The young man DOES know football and does not rattle easy.

Ooltewah is averaging 36 points per game.

Defense is averaging giving up 11 points per game.

Three turnovers against Cleveland made a huge impact on the score. One was a pick 6.Two fumbles lost were in the fourth qtr. Raiders also had a big goal line stand in the third qtr.

Qb. for Owls had over three hundred yards passing against East Hamilton.

#28 Had over one hundred yards rushing against Brainerd.

Most Owl teams in the past have rushing yards and very few passing. This year there is more of a balance .

Owls do not anyone or anything that looks like,runs like,plays like Mathers(blackmon).

Owls do not have a Qb like the franklin QB.

But,they do have a very good defense,a good kicking game(kick-offs have been a little scary)AND some playmakers(when they decide to play football),if owls do not fumble the ball or have more than a couple of penalties.Ooltewah could keep it close.

Offense has got to put some drives together(one drive every 3 qtrs isnt going to get it).siegel is the powerhouse in middle tn,this YEAR.Game could be 21-21 after 4...or it could 40-0 Stars,depends on Owls "D".

siegel is the powerhouse in middle tn,this YEAR..

I would put Siegel at 4th in 7-AAA at the moment behind Riverdale, Oakland, and Smyrna. The Tennessean's all knowing prep football guru Maurice Patton says Siegel is not even top 10 mid-state material (he has picked against Siegel all year, guess he has them at 0-3). At best, acording to the Franklin and blakmund posters here Siegel should be 1-2 at best with all of their woulda coulda shouldas.

Should be a good game though!. I read the TFP preseason article on the Owls and sounds like they have some great athletes. Plus have a marquee win over the Blue Raiders already. Siegel will be lucky to keep it close.

Edited by StarRaider

watching Owls vs Cleveland Game

Coach Williams and Akins feelin good about that running game???

hmmm 3 or 4 RBs in rotation with size Owls playing confident

excep Middle Tennessee HS Football has not been kind to Owl History

ie Oakland at Franklin at Smyrna I hope we can bust the curse.

Siegel can beat any team in Tennessee on any given day. :popcorneater:

Can't wait,love games like this.

Defense will win this,we cannot get into a shoot out with these guys.

Bottom line,if we stop em or slow em down,keep penalties to a minimum or none at all,I like our chances.

If our defense can survive the first couple of waves of thier offense and Owls score early and often enough(TDs-FGs)and,if we continue to score from our special teams and defense,We will win.

Stars-off. against Owls def.?........I'm taking our defense everytime.

If we win "Chuck's buying!!!!".....anyway everybody be careful,Go Owls!!

I keep going back and forth on this one. I cant help but think that Hardin is going to be a difference maker in this game. Siegel has given up a bunch of points so far. And Ooltewah has scored a bunch. Not to familiar with the teams that Owls have played but i do know Siegel has played some good teams. If this game was played later in the season then I would have more confidence in the Stars' D. Right now i have to give the edge to the Stars but feel that the Owls definitely have a strong chance this week. Good luck to all 7AAA teams this week.

Edited by milo118

Can't wait,love games like this.

Defense will win this,we cannot get into a shoot out with these guys.

Bottom line,if we stop em or slow em down,keep penalties to a minimum or none at all,I like our chances.

If our defense can survive the first couple of waves of thier offense and Owls score early and often enough(TDs-FGs)and,if we continue to score from our special teams and defense,We will win.

Stars-off. against Owls def.?........I'm taking our defense everytime.

If we win "Chuck's buying!!!!".....anyway everybody be careful,Go Owls!!

Will CoachT let you update your name to "DREWSDAD"? How's the LB/punter/PAT holder doing? Let's just win, OK? Less fumbles, less penalties, all of our athletes play to full potential and we win: Owls 21 - Stars 20. 30 hours to kickoff.