Failure of McMinn Central Football: Kids or Coach

SAGINAWFAN

The question at hand is Coach or Kids?? As with most things the answer probably lies somewhere in the middle. You cannot expect to compete in the game of football if you are outweighed on the O-line 20lbs per man. A player can play as hard as he can but in the game of football the guy that is playing just as hard with the 20 lb advantage is going to win EVERYTIME. Go back to the last long losing streak that central had in the early 2000's. Their linemen were tiny and the team couldn't compete. Futhermore, if you think central has good athletes, then you are not looking at their personnel objectively. It's not a knock on the kids at all it is a simple fact. They have no athletes.

The question the coach has to answer is how to fix the current situation. Does he need to hit the halls and try to talk more kids into playing??? Football takes dedication year around, and if these "players" that aren't playing truley in their heart wanted to play, they would be out there. I also find it ridiculous for someone to question a coaches choice of words as a reason the team is succeeding or not succeeding. Canadian is spot on this one. Go to college and play a sport and you will think your first name is a cuss word if you go to some schools.

Maybe its not the kids or the coach, maybe its the parents. You can get on here and read excuse after excuse from central fans. When little johnny goes home and hears mom and dad blaming everyone in the world then how is the player supposed to think any different???? Even former players get on here and try to justify quitting. justification = excuse and EXCUSES ARE FOR LOSERS.

The central program will get turned around when the parents, players, and coaches ALL take RESPONSIBILITY for making the program a success.

I agree with you. The central program will get turned around when everybody buys into the same thing. It will never work when you have two cities pulling in two different directions

Ok Ok.Since everyone on here thinks this coaching staff is so great, I will make a new prediction.Central wins the rest of the games this season and makes the playoffs,and go on to win the state championship.Goodin wins coach of the year,and 7 players make all-state and go on to D-1 schools.Everything is great and central wins 7 state championships in a row.Is this the lie that everyone wants to hear,If you buy any of this then I have ocean front in englewood that I will sell you.Come on guys,Central has major problems and it all starts with the head coach.

The question at hand is Coach or Kids?? As with most things the answer probably lies somewhere in the middle. You cannot expect to compete in the game of football if you are outweighed on the O-line 20lbs per man. A player can play as hard as he can but in the game of football the guy that is playing just as hard with the 20 lb advantage is going to win EVERYTIME. Go back to the last long losing streak that central had in the early 2000's. Their linemen were tiny and the team couldn't compete. Futhermore, if you think central has good athletes, then you are not looking at their personnel objectively. It's not a knock on the kids at all it is a simple fact. They have no athletes.

The question the coach has to answer is how to fix the current situation. Does he need to hit the halls and try to talk more kids into playing??? Football takes dedication year around, and if these "players" that aren't playing truley in their heart wanted to play, they would be out there. I also find it ridiculous for someone to question a coaches choice of words as a reason the team is succeeding or not succeeding. Canadian is spot on this one. Go to college and play a sport and you will think your first name is a cuss word if you go to some schools.

Maybe its not the kids or the coach, maybe its the parents. You can get on here and read excuse after excuse from central fans. When little johnny goes home and hears mom and dad blaming everyone in the world then how is the player supposed to think any different???? Even former players get on here and try to justify quitting. justification = excuse and EXCUSES ARE FOR LOSERS.

The central program will get turned around when the parents, players, and coaches ALL take RESPONSIBILITY for making the program a success.

What? first you say that getting out weighed by 20lbs your going to lose every time? Then turn around and say excuses are for losers? Which is it? I see kids who get out weighed by more than 20lbs win battles all over the football field and especially on the line. Quickness and agility in high school can take you along way. Polk county's line was out weighed alot over the last five years, one game against South pitt. a couple yrs ago the d line was out weighed by almost 40-50 lbs a man guess who won? You are right it will take a combined effort to turn it around. As for Central they have a plethera of problems when it comes to football.

Canadian and ajw it is good to see that you two are still alive and reading Coacht. Everyone leave Coach Goodin alone and let him do his job. He don't come to your place of employment and cuss at you or tell you to work harder, but maybe he should. I love all the advice that every armchair quarterback has for every high school coach. If you win by 1, people want to know why your offense or defense struggled. If you lose by 30, they say it is just awful coaching and the program is horrible. Like I used to say and still do in a different area, "opinions are like butt holes, everybody has one and they generally all stink." What Goodin probably needs to do is take in all this great and bad advice and work somewhere in the middle or just lay low and keep on keeping on! Hope the Chargers rebuild and rebound! Continue to work hard and good things will happen it may just take some time. What everyone could do is blame it on Coach Derrick because he is no longer there and left the place in disarray!

There are certain expectations with different jobs, if your a coach or politician you are going to be scrutinized. They only way to shut people up is to win. As long as you go 0-10 0-? the people will be bashing the coach. It just the way it is. Goodin and every coach knows that going in.

Ok Ok.Since everyone on here thinks this coaching staff is so great, I will make a new prediction.Central wins the rest of the games this season and makes the playoffs,and go on to win the state championship.Goodin wins coach of the year,and 7 players make all-state and go on to D-1 schools.Everything is great and central wins 7 state championships in a row.Is this the lie that everyone wants to hear,If you buy any of this then I have ocean front in englewood that I will sell you.Come on guys,Central has major problems and it all starts with the head coach.

Problems at chs go beyond the HEAD COACH!!!!!!!!! It will take a special person to have a winning program there every year.

Good grief, what a juvenille post! Maybe you need a little cheese to go along with that whine.

However, I am interested in that ocean front (whatever that is) in Englewood you have for sale.

Good grief, what a juvenille post! Maybe you need a little cheese to go along with that whine.

However, I am interested in that ocean front (whatever that is) in Englewood you have for sale.

Oh come on guys, I thought that's what everyone wanted to hear?? Everyone says central has no talent,They should have won 2 games last year and They have enough talent to win 3 games this year and already blew one of them.So where does the blame lay????Let's hear it guys!!!Everybody say with me COACHING!

Edited by BALLCOACH93

At least he puts himself out there to be criticized- all head coaches do. I don't care if you give up posting. I honestly don't care if you ever quit bashing the coaches. But if your hate and disgust is this strong, you ought to be brave enough to AT LEAST attach your real name to it. Heaven forbid you actually go on record and meet with school officials or the staff themselves.

Metting with school officials will get no one anywhere in this system especially this School.

I do not lay blame on the Coaches or Kids. Look back at the Admin! If the ole saying is true that chit runs down hill, then go back to the top. The AD and PRIN. Should they not be held accountable for their actions. How many total Coaches has Central gone thru over the past 7 years...Head, Asst. and Volunteer. It might reflect back to the admin not sure they are capable of making just decisions.

Hole everyone accountable for their actions/decisions.

The Coaches now know the game of football, maybe not granted with the neccessary tools, but with some hard work and determination some success can be achieved no matter how great or small.

I believe they have already scored more points than all of last season, so is this not a step in the right direction.

too much complexity at Central....all used to being the ol days and ways....new blood to revive the veins and push out those who have been there too long just sucking the marrow from the bones.

Just my opinoin and Im sticking to it.

Oh come on guys, I thought that's what everyone wanted to hear?? Everyone says central has no talent,They should have won 2 games last year and They have enough talent to win 3 games this year and already blew one of them.So where does the blame lay????Let's hear it guys!!!

Besides you and maybe a couple others on here, reasonable and sane people are willing to see how the season plays out first.

What? first you say that getting out weighed by 20lbs your going to lose every time? Then turn around and say excuses are for losers? Which is it? I see kids who get out weighed by more than 20lbs win battles all over the football field and especially on the line. Quickness and agility in high school can take you along way. Polk county's line was out weighed alot over the last five years, one game against South pitt. a couple yrs ago the d line was out weighed by almost 40-50 lbs a man guess who won? You are right it will take a combined effort to turn it around. As for Central they have a plethera of problems when it comes to football.

You are wrong about the spitt O line two years ago. Polk line outweighed theirs by 30lbs a man and that's why they won that classic game. It was one of the best I have ever seen

Metting with school officials will get no one anywhere in this system especially this School.

I do not lay blame on the Coaches or Kids. Look back at the Admin! If the ole saying is true that chit runs down hill, then go back to the top. The AD and PRIN. Should they not be held accountable for their actions. How many total Coaches has Central gone thru over the past 7 years...Head, Asst. and Volunteer. It might reflect back to the admin not sure they are capable of making just decisions.

Hole everyone accountable for their actions/decisions.

The Coaches now know the game of football, maybe not granted with the neccessary tools, but with some hard work and determination some success can be achieved no matter how great or small.

I believe they have already scored more points than all of last season, so is this not a step in the right direction.

too much complexity at Central....all used to being the ol days and ways....new blood to revive the veins and push out those who have been there too long just sucking the marrow from the bones.

Just my opinoin and Im sticking to it.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: