2) White Station @ CBHS

3) ECS @ USJ

4) Ridgeway @ Whitehaven

5) Hendersonville @ Germantown

6) Melrose vs Mitchell @ JP Freeman

7) Olive Branch @ Smyrna

Analysis:

Game 1

East, the Dandy Dozen (DD) 5th ranked team plays the DD 10th ranked team in Wooddale. Both teams have future D-1 RB's. Wooddale's Jovon Robinson and East's Brian Kimbrow. Both teams also have additional players who have already committed to D-1 schools besides the two RB's. I don't know about you, but this sounds like the game of the week to me. This is a non district game between the two, but man will it be a feather in the cap. Playing these types of games in the regular season make you better come post season. Honestly, I don't have a clue so I'm going to flip a coin and say Wooddale wins in a high scoring affair.

East ... 28, Wooddale 35

Game 2

White Station, the DD 7th ranked team faces the DD 2nd ranked team of Christian Brothers. White Station's only loss is at the hands of the DD 6th ranked Arlington. CBHS is undefeated with victories over Wooddale and Germantown. Man ... CBHS has faced both Shantavious Lowe of G-town and Jovon Robinson of Wooddale and are still undefeated. I'm going to go with CBHS at home in a close one.

White Station ... 21, CBHS ... 24

Game 3

ECS will beat USJ in a fight.

ECS ... 17, USJ ... 14

Game 4

Ridgeway comes into this game with one win against Overton. White Station and Texas Skyline whipped knots on thier head. Whitehaven, the DD No.1 ranked team has three wins with an impressive 7-0 victory last week over Illinois St. Rita. I'm going with Whitehaven's smothering defense once again.

Ridgeway ... 7, Whitehaven ... 28

Game 5

Hendersonville, last years Class 5A runner-up, is currently 2-1 on the season. Germantown is 1-1 on the season. Both teams have faced some quality opposition already. The thing I noticed when looking at each schedule is the amount of points both teams have given up on defense. This will be a high scoring affair as well. Shatavious Lowe will have 150 yards, at a minimum. I'm going with the home team in this one.

Hendersonville ... 35, Germantown ... 42

Game 6

Melrose is 1-3 on the season with an embarrasing 1 point loss to Overton. Mitchell is 3-0 with a shutout over Fairley last week. Melrose's Will Gross torched Briarcrest last week for 411 yards and four passing TD's. If only Will Gross could play defense as well, he can't do it all by himself ... lord knows he's trying. Mitchel is stacked and loaded and gelling as the season progresses. This will be high scoring game and I wouldn't be shocked if Melrose won, but I think Mitchell pulls it out.

Melrose ... 31, Mitchell ... 38

Game 7

Olive Branch was in the news recently with the news that the four (4) players that transferred from Melrose were inelidgeable and that means that Mr. Mondie won't be able to play on the DL until the post season. Smyrna, is a very good Middle TN team that put Whitehaven out of the playoffs last year with a 10-7 victory in the semi-finals. Don't sleep on Smyrna's 1-2 record ... they have played good stiff competition, and no one is going to want to see them come the post season, trust me on that. Olive Branch has too much turmoil going on right now and facing this smothering Smyrna 'D' will be their undoing.

Olive Branch ... 14, Smyrna ... 21

Well, that's it for me. You guys know what to do!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

kit truely entertains me that Melrose whined about players leaving their district to play in another, and that the state of Mississippi followed up on it, how many times has Melrose benefited fromthe same type of behavior, kids transferring even from olive branch, starting rb three years ago, can not remember his name, I disagree with these young men to be able to bounce around but I think Melrose is as sorry as it comes when they whine about this only because they on the losing end this time.

1) East vs. Wooddale @ Halle

2) White Station @ CBHS

3) ECS @ USJ

4) Ridgeway @ Whitehaven

7) Olive Branch @ Smyrna

East vs Wooddale....I think East is going to get this one. 42-24

WS vs CBHS....I wish I could say differently, but CBHS seems to be rolling pretty good. WS still needs to find some consistency in its offense. Not a good time to be looking for ways to improve. CBHS 28-14

ECS vs USJ....no idea, but will go with 24-10 ECS

Ridgeway vs Whitehaven....I guess the game has to be played....WH rolls 42-7

Hendersonville vs Gtown....I'm going to be a homer with this one...G'town 35-24

Melrose vs Mitchell....Even when Melrose looks bad one game, they seem to find a way to turn it around the next. I'll go with the upset....Melrose 22-20

OB vs Smyrna...should be a great game....I think OB can pull it out 24-21

1) East vs. Wooddale @ Halle: East-28/Woodale-22

2) White Station @ CBHS: CBHS-24/White Station-21

3) ECS @ USJ: ECS-42/USJ-18

4) Ridgeway @ Whitehaven: Whitehaven-34/Ridgeway-14

5) Hendersonville @ Germantown: Germantown-28/Hendersonville-24

6) Melrose vs Mitchell @ JP Freeman: Mitchell-38/Melrose-22

7) Olive Branch @ Smyrna: OB-20/Smyrna-17

kit truely entertains me that Melrose whined about players leaving their district to play in another, and that the state of Mississippi followed up on it, how many times has Melrose benefited fromthe same type of behavior, kids transferring even from olive branch, starting rb three years ago, can not remember his name, I disagree with these young men to be able to bounce around but I think Melrose is as sorry as it comes when they whine about this only because they on the losing end this time.

I agree .. how about Redmond playing at East, played for Mitchel...seems like the inner city Mempho schools bone up 2 teams each classifcation for playoffs reasons only ..been going on Forever ..just sayin..

thanks kwc for your time on thread..

EAST

CBHS

ECS

WHITEHAVEN

G-TOWN

MITCHEL

SMYMRA

for dou..MILLINGTON

Edited by DHSFB64

I've only selected six (7) games this week. They are as follows:

1) East vs. Wooddale @ Halle

2) White Station @ CBHS

3) ECS @ USJ

4) Ridgeway @ Whitehaven

7) Olive Branch @ Smyrna

Well, that's it for me. You guys know what to do!

Woodale 33 -- East 28 ... I'm just not sold on East's defense.

CBHS 23 -- WS 14 ...... CBHS just seems to have WS's number.

ECS 24 -- USJ 14 ....... ECS is clearly more battle tested.

WH 24 -- RW 7 ... Whitehaven's (likely) conservative game plan will keep this game close.

Gtwn 34 -- Hnd 31 ...... The team with the ball last will win...

Mit 40 -- Mlr 26 ....... Home field and Orange Mound pride will not help Melrose.

Smy 34 -- OB 31 ...... I'm also not sold on OB's defense. Mental fatigue won't help, either.

East wins

Whitestation

ECS vs USJ who cares

shocker Ridgeway 35 -33

G- Town

Mitchell by 21

Write in M&M BOWL TROJANS

KWC I can not believe you left out the M&M Bowl but put in ecs vs usj

Way to go on Millington... a win tonite puts us at 3-0! Now, on Ridgeway beating Whitehaven????????

East wins

Whitestation

ECS vs USJ who cares

shocker Ridgeway 35 -33

G- Town

Mitchell by 21

Write in M&M BOWL TROJANS

KWC I can not believe you left out the M&M Bowl but put in ecs vs usj

Dou, my appologies. I didn't mention the M&M bowl because I think Millington will win easily by as wide of a margin as they desire. I just didn't consider this game to be a Big Game. I know it's big between you guys because it is a rivalry game, just like it is between Whitehaven & Fairley, Melrose & Hamilton, or CBHS & MUS.

On another note ... Have you been smoking that funny stuff? Ridgeway putting 35 ponits on Whitehaven isn't going to happen ... no how, no way. I don't think anybody playing high school football puts 35 on Whitehaven's defense. Whitehaven may get beat ... but they won't allow ANY opponent to put 35 points on the board ... that I'm confident about.

Edited by kwc

I usually don't do this, well never did this, but here goes.

Kimbrow will have a little better game than Robinson giving East the slight advantage East 24-18

CBHS seems to be better than I thought especially on D and can obviously score so I say CBHS 38-28

ECS over USJ 17-14 just because I know nothing about USJ other than their 3-0 so could go the other way

Whitehavens D keeps that streak going. Whitehaven 28-0

Germantown can score but so can Hendersonville. They have only one loss but had 500 total yds and 304 of them were in the air. I believe that will prove to be to much for G Town and Hendersonville wins 48-35

Melrose just doesn't have it , At all, this year Mitchell 35-6

Smyrna will take advantage of a mentally deflated OliveBranch team. Smyrna 21-14

Oh yeah Dou the Trojans wake back up tonight and wins 27-7