William Blount Football

blountfan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it seemed a little strange that he could play for Maryville in the Jamboree , and then play somewhere else just a week or 2 later .

Yeah, I agree, but I don't know or understand most of the rules that involve eligibility. In the few games that I watched him play it seems as though he was quickly becoming one of the better players on the defensive side of the ball. Losing this win for WB is going to make it very tough for them to be able to reach the playoffs.

I don't get the deal about the address thing! Unless he lives outside of the county, I didn't think the address mattered. I can see the playing for one team then switching to another so quickly. I believe the "why" of the move is taken into consideration by the TSSAA. We'll see in time I guess. Shame about vacating the win, definitely could factor into the playoff picture.

I don't get the deal about the address thing! Unless he lives outside of the county, I didn't think the address mattered. I can see the playing for one team then switching to another so quickly. I believe the "why" of the move is taken into consideration by the TSSAA. We'll see in time I guess. Shame about vacating the win, definitely could factor into the playoff picture.

One of the players told me Wed night that he(Fuller) had moved into an apt in the city of maryville to become elgible at MHS,this year, but his family was only stayin there 6 nights out of 7 nights of the week, so that would mean he had duel residency and w/o mother and father going through a divorce then that would make him inelgible. He should have said that they were moving into a new house in the blount county zone, because by TSSAA rules you cant move back into your orginal house for 1 year.

I still dont understand why T$$AA would say he was elgible then come back two weeks later, sounds to me like they should have checked on it before making him elgible, and there is NO WAY they should be allowed to take the WIN away..

A letter sent to TSSAA by someone???If maryville didnt care(and everyone i have talked to said they didnt care)but a lot of MHS fans seem to make a big deal on here about it so who knows?? If that is true that means someone from inside the WB family(probably upset that his son was losing playin time) sent the letter...

[quote name='williebgovs04' timestamp='1315598840' post='267453

I still dont understand why T$$AA would say he was elgible then come back two weeks later, sounds to me like they should have checked on it before making him elgible, and there is NO WAY they should be allowed to take the WIN away..

A letter sent to TSSAA by someone???If maryville didnt care(and everyone i have talked to said they didnt care)but a lot of MHS fans seem to make a big deal on here about it so who knows?? If that is true that means someone from inside the WB family(probably upset that his son was losing playin time) sent the letter...

The move to the city would probably eliminate the tuition fee, but should not effect eligibility to play for WB. I agree with the argument about not having to vacate a win if TSSAA told them initially he was eligible. That's their fault unless they say they were given false or mis-leading evidence.

As to who sent some info that caused this new decision, I quess we will never know. Shame we can't just leave kids alone. Let them just enjoy High School, life is too short! This is not that important in the over all scheme of things.

Edited by oldhick76

The move to the city would probably eliminate the tuition fee, but should not effect eligibility to play for WB. I agree with the argument about not having to vacate a win if TSSAA told them initially he was eligible. That's their fault unless they say they were given false or mis-leading evidence.

As to who sent some info that caused this new decision, I quess we will never know. Shame we can't just leave kids alone. Let them just enjoy High School, life is too short! This is not that important in the over all scheme of things.

This is not the first time WB has had to forfeit games because of a player that practiced at Maryville. The last time cost them a W over MHS.

1990 (3-7)

WBHS 0 Anderson County 1

WBHS 0 Carter 1

WBHS 0 Maryville 1

One of the players told me Wed night that he(Fuller) had moved into an apt in the city of maryville to become elgible at MHS,this year, but his family was only stayin there 6 nights out of 7 nights of the week, so that would mean he had duel residency and w/o mother and father going through a divorce then that would make him inelgible. He should have said that they were moving into a new house in the blount county zone, because by TSSAA rules you cant move back into your orginal house for 1 year.

well i know the family he fuller was cleared by tssaa to play 3 weeks ago then somone from maryville sent a letter to tssaa with some made up rule maryville is just showing they can and will do anything they please and i think who ever messes with kids is a low life kids have a hard enough time the way it is

I'm calling BS on you and this ..... " someone from Maryville " .... what a load of crap . Ya , "someone from Maryville " made up a rule and has it in for this kid ..... lol , what a joke .

well i know the family he fuller was cleared by tssaa to play 3 weeks ago then somone from maryville sent a letter to tssaa with some made up rule maryville is just showing they can and will do anything they please and i think who ever messes with kids is a low life kids have a hard enough time the way it is

That's funny, the article says email. Who sends letters nowadays? I too call B.S. I was happy the kid was getting to play. Didn't understand how, but was glad for him.