William Blount Football

blountfan

Red Rebels said it well! That is exactly what I did almost ten years ago. After a detailed analysis of all the attending options and obligations of each Blount county school, I did what all wise men should do; put them in the school my wife wanted them to go to. Maryville City schools won out and so we moved to the city.

None of my children have played sanctioned High School Sports. I pay about $1200.00 a year in city taxes. In return for my investment my children have received $192,000.00 and counting in scholarship money. I would like to live in the county but I am not about to put at risk the potential scholarships my children, that have not yet graduated, might receive. Again, the system is taking fewer and fewer tuition students.

This school system is about so much more than athletics! I am not saying the “OOZ†capacity does not help, it can, but it is not as much as people think. It is our coaching staff and the commitment to excellence in every field of endeavor that makes the difference. If you want multi-pliers, put it on that!! Plenty of times we have won with inferior athletic ability.

My suggestion is, either move here, like I did or make your school better! I know there are school systems in Tennessee who ask education supply houses and academic consultants, “what is Maryville City Schools using, what are they doing?’ Maybe the same should apply to football. Maybe people should stop complaining and look at what we are doing and say, “How can we do that?†In life there are people who whine and complain about their poor lot in life, and then there are people who stop wallowing in self-pity and do something about it! Who are you?

Very well said Oldhick , I have been saying the same thing on this board for over 10 years now , just not as well or as diplomatic as you said it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very well said Oldhick , I have been saying the same thing on this board for over 10 years now , just not as well or as diplomatic as you said it.

I've lived and worked in five states and 6 different counties in Tennessee. Gone to private schools and public schools and nothing compares to Maryville! Lord willing, I am here to stay!

Just look at the board of control members and you will find a Maryville assistant principle on the board of control.

Rong agin clawedbawl...Tater Brown retarred last sprang...Butt don't let tha fax and yore ignurunce git in tha way ov a good argumint.....

Also let me add cuvett Yore Nabor's footbawl teem two this for ewe two.....

Edited by STARSNBARS

Maybe people should stop complaining and look at what we are doing and say, “How can we do that?†In life there are people who whine and complain about their poor lot in life, and then there are people who stop wallowing in self-pity and do something about it! Who are you?

Right now you've got 1 county coach who thinks he's smarter than GQ & Co., and who will run off anybody with any kind of ties to MHS. On the other side of the county you've got a hard working coach who seems willing to learn, but who has terrible parents and community "support"

You are very confused strong x. Pepvol, red rebel, rebel ron, mcwrestler, mhs, stars, (sorry if I left anyone out), and the rest of the Maryville Mafia are the experts on this topic, and they have already declared that the player in question is inelegible and GQ has never done anything questionable. The lesson here is that you never leave the Maryville family (MAFIA) with out severe conqsequences. William Blount and Heritage people should just give up their football programs because Maryville just has too much power with the T$$AA power people. What no one remembers is what happened to all of that funny money that GQ's boys printed out over a decade ago. GQ's boys told the head man that they would donate all of the funny money to uncle Ronnie Carter for future consideration if Daddy GQ would let them back on the team. The rest is history.

Being a die hard Alcoa fan I'm not sure why mcwrestler was mentioned he will never be a made man in la cosa nostra. As far as that "funny money" you speak of there wasn't near enough of that to make a "payment" with, we had to have a cookie dough sale for that!! :thumb:

I was told that the Maryville high fb coaching staff and teammates tried to talk him (numerous times) into staying and just taking his punishment (sitting out 2 games). I was told also that the punishment was due to a dui or a drinking matter and the cop that dealt with that issue notified GQ. Which we all know GQ has a strict no tolerance policy on and off the field. Then GQ gave him another day to settle down and rethink his decision. This year GQ has had to punish several of the fb players for different issues. So I don't understand what makes this fb player deem he should get special or different treatment. As far as him not being able to play for WB...I would think that when he left Maryville that would no longer be an issue for GQ, but for the WB staff to figure out. I think it's great that Maryville has a coach that tries to instill morals and values on these young kids. Wish some of the parents would get a clue and realize that life lessons are more important than football.

As great a guy and coach as murvil has (noone should argue that), nobody should believe he is the only coach in town that tries to instill morals and values in young people. He is a football coach. He is not your kid's dad or godfather (with the known exceptions). Although I do not personally know the coaches at the other schools, I would bet my house they they too are trying to instill morals and values in the kids.

Plus, we should not act like murvil does not have dui(s) or moral issues with current or past players/students. I know of at least one and the statute of limitations keeps anyone from coming after me! Kids are kids at every school. Experimenting and pushing the limits occur everywhere and even in almost every family. BULLETIN: Alcohol and drugs are a problem for teenagers - and murvil high is not immune to it. If every kid was kicked out of murvil due to the zero tolerance, I doubt our teams would be very good - but there would be plenty of parking. That goes for nearly every public high school.

No doubt, we are lucky at murvil to have someone who cares. But so is alcoa, heritage, and wb lucky to have people who care. We should ALL hope for the best for ALL of these kids regardless of where they started school, or where they finish school. They are a part of our community whether it is nebo mtn, lower alnwick, gardenvale, or crosscreek.

I wish the kid the best of luck and hope he gets to eventually prove himself right to any of us who doubted him.

I was told that the Maryville high fb coaching staff and teammates tried to talk him (numerous times) into staying and just taking his punishment (sitting out 2 games).

True statement.

I was told also that the punishment was due to a dui or a drinking matter and the cop that dealt with that issue notified GQ.

You're thinking of another situation, not the WB transfer