William Blount Football

blountfan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typo in my previous post. Let me try again:

Questions on eligibility:

1) If I live in the county and pay tuition (@ MHS) until my kid is a junior in high school (he did play jv football), can he then transfer the next school year to the school he is actually zoned for (WBHS) and be immediately eligible? Does the jv or varsity participation make a difference? Would I have to move down the street for him to be eligible for the school I live 3/4 of a mile from?

2) If I live in the city until my kid is a junior in high school (he did play jv football), can he then transfer the next school year to the county school he is actually zoned for (WBHS) and be immediately eligible? Does the jv or varsity participation make a difference? Would I have to move out of the city for him to be eligible for the county school?

3) I won't even ask about Alcoa, where it seems like everyone is eligible after a transfer!

You are very confused strong x. Pepvol, red rebel, rebel ron, mcwrestler, mhs, stars, (sorry if I left anyone out), and the rest of the Maryville Mafia are the experts on this topic, and they have already declared that the player in question is inelegible and GQ has never done anything questionable. The lesson here is that you never leave the Maryville family (MAFIA) with out severe conqsequences. William Blount and Heritage people should just give up their football programs because Maryville just has too much power with the T$$AA power people. What no one remembers is what happened to all of that funny money that GQ's boys printed out over a decade ago. GQ's boys told the head man that they would donate all of the funny money to uncle Ronnie Carter for future consideration if Daddy GQ would let them back on the team. The rest is history.

If I were Quarles, he and I would have a heart to heart talk because the mom has went to a different county and hired an attorney and I believe GQ is going to end up having to answer a lot of questions as the coach and the AD. Not saying that he has done anything wrong, but when an attorney gets involved and you have a mom bent on getting some form of revenge, then it is probably inevitable that there will be questions to answer.

I haven't been around enough this season to know for sure, but I believe Maryville still has an attorney on the coaching staff, and the City and School have attorneys. I doubt GQ has much to worry about.

You are very confused strong x. Pepvol, red rebel, rebel ron, mcwrestler, mhs, stars, (sorry if I left anyone out), and the rest of the Maryville Mafia are the experts on this topic, and they have already declared that the player in question is inelegible and GQ has never done anything questionable. The lesson here is that you never leave the Maryville family (MAFIA) with out severe conqsequences. William Blount and Heritage people should just give up their football programs because Maryville just has too much power with the T$$AA power people. What no one remembers is what happened to all of that funny money that GQ's boys printed out over a decade ago. GQ's boys told the head man that they would donate all of the funny money to uncle Ronnie Carter for future consideration if Daddy GQ would let them back on the team. The rest is history.

Eye luv tha MAFIA!!!!!.....

Moore Mairvul cryin' frum clawedbawl frum 2007.... :rolleyes:

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/160610-a-levev-playing-field-for-all-teams/

Eye'll bet clawedbawl reeds Mairvul Footbawl threads wif this song playin' ovur and ovur' inn tha baikground....(Butt eye do like his purty gold shoes) :blush:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Questions on eligibility:

1) If I live in the county and pay tuition (@ MHS) until my kid is a junior in high school (he did play jv football), can he then transfer the next school year to the school he is actually zoned for (WBHS) and be immediately eligible? Does the jv or varsity participation make a difference? Would I have to move down the street for him to be eligible for the school I live 3/4 of a mile from?

2) If I live in the county until my kid is a junior in high school (he did play jv football), can he then transfer the next school year to the county school he is actually zoned for (WBHS) and be immediately eligible? Does the jv or varsity participation make a difference? Would I have to move out of the city for him to be eligible for the county school?

3) I won't even ask about Alcoa, where it seems like everyone is eligible after a transfer!

Strong x, look at the T$$AA web site for information on eligibility rules and decisions. Don't waste your time on trying to figure out your situation though. Just look at the board of control members and you will find a Maryville assistant principle on the board of control. Give up trying to appeal the eligibility ruling. Maryville has had control of the T$$AA for a long time. Funny money, cheap apartments in the city, lawyers on the football staff, principals working for T$$AA, sounds like Maryville footfall, I mean Mafia to me.

Strong x, look at the T$$AA web site for information on eligibility rules and decisions. Don't waste your time on trying to figure out your situation though. Just look at the board of control members and you will find a Maryville assistant principle on the board of control. Give up trying to appeal the eligibility ruling. Maryville has had control of the T$$AA for a long time. Funny money, cheap apartments in the city, lawyers on the football staff, principals working for T$$AA, sounds like Maryville footfall, I mean Mafia to me.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean people aren't out to get you. :rolleyes:

Are you that little Midget coach from Halls ? It's hard to remember all of our Haters , there's so many of them ..... everyone of you guys have a special place in our Hearts though ..... :roflol: Makes winning just that much sweeter knowing how much some of you clowns hate us :thumb:

Alcoa has 2 qb's that transferred from WB and AE. I know the WB kid played basketball, and I would assume the AE kid played some sport. Were both of these kids forced to move in order to be eligible? Did they have to move into the city of alcoa, or could they just move anywhere and then pay tuition? Can you still live in Knox county and pay tuition at alcoa or murvil?

StroNgx: The best way to go about this is to have your child enroll at the High School of his/your choice as a 9th grader. I would undergo a comprehensive review of the school's academics, band/orchestra, extra curricular activities, athletics, community support, classroom technology and physical plant. What might be the best fit for my child may not be the best fit for your child. If they enter as a 9th grader there will not be any issues with athletics. Please remember that athletics is only a small portion of the High School experience. Please choose wisely.

Red Rebels

PS: Budget and commuting distance should also be considered.

Alcoa has 2 qb's that transferred from WB and AE. I know the WB kid played basketball, and I would assume the AE kid played some sport. Were both of these kids forced to move in order to be eligible? Did they have to move into the city of alcoa, or could they just move anywhere and then pay tuition? Can you still live in Knox county and pay tuition at alcoa or murvil?

Yes both kids now at Alcoa have moved into apartments in the city of Alcoa(I know one of them isnt that cheap). Yes they did have to move to be eligble, as far as payint tuition and living in knoxville im not sure, but u can live in blount county an pay tuition at Alcoa.

SOmeone said maryville is cuttin back tuition students....I bet if Prevo,Robinette,West,Shinsky,Kimble,Edminston,Garrett,Landers were tuition payers and had bad grades they would just warn them then help get their grades up before sending them on their merry way... but if a non-athlete tuition kid has bad grades i bet he/she is out the door quickly...

What is the latest on the appeal process?? WB did nothing wrong they gave TSSAA the info they were givin and TSSAA said he can play...SOunds to me like they are the ones that need to be fined for not lookin into the situtation...

Thanks to both redrebel and wb04 for the info. It's a tougher decision than it was 20 yrs ago. Now there are coaches getting jumping around, UA/Nike/Adidas contracts, kids moving in from out of town/state, apartment costs, college prep/honors/advanced honors, and dual enrollment. That doesn't even include the fancy cars, fancy girls, increased dope, and preferential treatment of being an athlete (man, I wish I had some eligibility left!)

I guess it is up to each parent to 'protect" his own kid and not depend on representatives from any school telling you something is ok. That part will likely never change.

I know the 2 choices for a stud football player in blount county. If you had a kid(boy) who was a stud in basketball, where would you send him? What about baseball? What schools will still allow you to play all 3? What schools discourage it?

If it wasn't for the ego's, I would ask which school had the best science/math programs. Then again, we are in East TN! LOL!

StroNgx: The best way to go about this is to have your child enroll at the High School of his/your choice as a 9th grader. I would undergo a comprehensive review of the school's academics, band/orchestra, extra curricular activities, athletics, community support, classroom technology and physical plant. What might be the best fit for my child may not be the best fit for your child. If they enter as a 9th grader there will not be any issues with athletics. Please remember that athletics is only a small portion of the High School experience. Please choose wisely.

Red Rebels

PS: Budget and commuting distance should also be considered.

Red Rebels said it well! That is exactly what I did almost ten years ago. After a detailed analysis of all the attending options and obligations of each Blount county school, I did what all wise men should do; put them in the school my wife wanted them to go to. Maryville City schools won out and so we moved to the city.

None of my children have played sanctioned High School Sports. I pay about $1200.00 a year in city taxes. In return for my investment my children have received $192,000.00 and counting in scholarship money. I would like to live in the county but I am not about to put at risk the potential scholarships my children, that have not yet graduated, might receive. Again, the system is taking fewer and fewer tuition students.

This school system is about so much more than athletics! I am not saying the “OOZ†capacity does not help, it can, but it is not as much as people think. It is our coaching staff and the commitment to excellence in every field of endeavor that makes the difference. If you want multi-pliers, put it on that!! Plenty of times we have won with inferior athletic ability.

My suggestion is, either move here, like I did or make your school better! I know there are school systems in Tennessee who ask education supply houses and academic consultants, “what is Maryville City Schools using, what are they doing?’ Maybe the same should apply to football. Maybe people should stop complaining and look at what we are doing and say, “How can we do that?†In life there are people who whine and complain about their poor lot in life, and then there are people who stop wallowing in self-pity and do something about it! Who are you?