Springfield Yellow Jackets vs Henry County Patroits

TheCommissioner

I haven't missed a game in 7 years but I just moved to los angeles and I would much appreciate if someone could help me out and keep me updated during games. If we make it to the championship I will definitely come home for that. I already have withdrawal.

http://wmufradio.com/

Here is the link to the radio broadcast...you can listen to it live. I have listened to Patriot games via this link while I was in Costa Rica and also Cabo..also...you can follow Andy Collins on twitter...he's part of the broadcast team!

Do you remember how many fans they brought to the PLAYOFF GAME here a couple of years ago? It was pitiful! They would be better served to lock their citizens up INSIDE Springfield, to protect them from having to witness the slaughter that is bound to happen Friday night.

They had a great crowd last year (at their place) and given our following...it was an awesome atmosphere! I agree Red Warrior...the regular season game two years ago was EXTREMELY disappointing and the playoff game wasn't very well attended either from the Yellowjacket fanbase! Jacket fans..it's an easy, comfortable drive...and an execellent venue and atmosphere....come support your team as we did last year in Springfield! You'll be stunned at the hospitality...after reading these boards!

Edited by QBClubPrez

They had a great crowd last year (at their place) and given our following...it was an awesome atmosphere! I agree Red Warrior...the regular season game two years ago was EXTREMELY disappointing and the playoff game wasn't very well attended either from the Yellowjacket fanbase! Jacket fans..it's an easy, comfortable drive...and an execellent venue and atmosphere....come support your team as we did last year in Springfield! You'll be stunned at the hospitality...after reading these boards!

It's easy to support great at home but let's face it, no one wants to drive from Springfield to Paris to see a massacre. They didn't do it in the playoffs, they didn't do it in the regular season, and they won't do it now...AND I DON'T BLAME THEM!

And yet again this thread brings the lulz

Only thing that would make this better is if the Clarksville region had its own version of the Yanker....just to stir the pot for old times sake. And to top it all off, it's only Wednesday. Keep it up gentlemen. My hat is off so far.

Your wisdom is impressive, my "RedSwarm10erringly" owl of a friend!!!!! What you wish is impossible however, for there is but a single YANKER...and I am he!!!!!!! I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER...wish as you may...but there will never be another like me...I AM THE YANKER OF ALL YANKERS...which is simple...because I AM THE ONLY YANKER in existence!!!!!!!!!!!!! This YANKER is perplexed by the ongoing battles between Red Warrior and fellow Henrylanders????????? Henryland cannot handle its own success...I am an AMAZED YANKER!!! I will return tomorrow with the scores because...I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I respect your opinion and I am glad to see you also actually speak your mind...too many people who post on here don't. My opinions are strong and I will not change. This is not about me, but about my opinions on football in general, as well as our team. I coached for decades and NEVER saw anything like what I saw and heard after three games with Springfield. It has stuck with me because it's so strange to hear coaches act in that manner. I think they will NEVER beat us because of that excuse making whining mentality. If my posts are not enjoyable for you to read, the solution is quite simple...when you see my name at the top of the post, just don't read the post. I believe it to be a FACT that we are the class of the district and no team is a close second. I am sorry that bothers you and others for me to say that, but I am guilty of one thing for sure...saying what I think and saying what I believe. Those who have a problem with that need to try it.

Thanks, I usually do speak my mind... and I am not asking you to change...just commenting on a question you put out there...obviously, the question was not for me, but that's me speaking my mind. It does not bother me in the least that you believe our team is the best in 5A...I actually agree with you in that we have the ability and talent to take our district, although with some tough games to come, and go deep in the playoffs...I have said that before. I actually quite enjoy your posts, when discussing football...I do think you possess much more football knowledge than I and that is why I like reading your posts...I enjoy most of the debates that you particpate in...I love it that you are so passionate about our team...I can tell the situation with the coaches from last year is still sore subject but it gets old, and I don't enjoy the mention of Springfield and the coaches whining, ad nauseum...so I usually do skip over those when I see it taking that route...but you know what RW I would much rather have an allegiance of followers who love this team and county and school as much as I do, than bandwagon people, so keep it up...and because I enjoy the majority of your posts I have learned to bypass any post with the mention of Springfield....I suckered myself this time by reading them...lol...GO PATS!

Thanks, I usually do speak my mind... and I am not asking you to change...just commenting on a question you put out there...obviously, the question was not for me, but that's me speaking my mind. It does not bother me in the least that you believe our team is the best in 5A...I actually agree with you in that we have the ability and talent to take our district, although with some tough games to come, and go deep in the playoffs...I have said that before. I actually quite enjoy your posts, when discussing football...I do think you possess much more football knowledge than I and that is why I like reading your posts...I enjoy most of the debates that you particpate in...I love it that you are so passionate about our team...I can tell the situation with the coaches from last year is still sore subject but it gets old, and I don't enjoy the mention of Springfield and the coaches whining, ad nauseum...so I usually do skip over those when I see it taking that route...but you know what RW I would much rather have an allegiance of followers who love this team and county and school as much as I do, than bandwagon people, so keep it up...and because I enjoy the majority of your posts I have learned to bypass any post with the mention of Springfield....I suckered myself this time by reading them...lol...GO PATS!

The whining issue is old news for sure and I do admit to running it into the ground, The fact that I coached for so long (I know some don't believe that, but why would I lie?),I take it personally when two or three coaches whine like they did. I don't think there is a place for it in the profession in which I spent half of my life. That's why I can't let it go...it REALLY bothered me.

HCPatmom, I have enjoyed your posts as well. You too seem very passionate about The Big Red and this is what we need for our team! We are only two days away now, can't wait!!!

How long have you been a Patriot fan Red Warrior? I played for Springfield, and have been a loyal fan during the good and bad times. I remember the Championship game in 93 to the 1-19 lows before Myers came to town. This staff is doing a great job with our boys, and I will take our coaches any day of the week. If you only knew what they go through daily you would respect them too.

How long have you been a Patriot fan Red Warrior? I played for Springfield, and have been a loyal fan during the good and bad times. I remember the Championship game in 93 to the 1-19 lows before Myers came to town. This staff is doing a great job with our boys, and I will take our coaches any day of the week. If you only knew what they go through daily you would respect them too.

I don't usually speak for people, but Warrior has said he respects their coaching ability on more than one occasion, he just doesn't appreciate the way they handle themselves when they lose. I personally don't know any of them and have never witnessed their reactions after a game, so I can't really comment on it. In all honesty though, I must admit that I do get surprised at how serious some people take the comments on these boards.

The whining issue is old news for sure and I do admit to running it into the ground, The fact that I coached for so long (I know some don't believe that, but why would I lie?),I take it personally when two or three coaches whine like they did. I don't think there is a place for it in the profession in which I spent half of my life. That's why I can't let it go...it REALLY bothered me.

RW, I don't think you have run it in the ground at all. In Fact, I think the topic deserves more attention. I missed the Whine Bowl and never really heard specifics. Could you elaborate?